The New Jaguars logo

DeBerg

It's a big step backward, IMO.  I don't think there's anything wrong with the existing logo.  It makes me wonder if this is just an apparel move.  Maybe they want to sell more shirts and scarves.  A new logo might be the best way for a slow franchise to push merchandise.

Bleh.

I hear the Dolphins are changing their logo now too. Like there was anything wrong with theirs back in the 70's and 80's.

It has now made me truly believe the teams with the best logos are the old school ones: K.C., G.B., Oakland, Dallas, I'd even take the Browns no logo at all over this.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the existing logo.

* Worst drawn ear ever - just a curved triangle.

* Jaguars don't have pencil thin guido mustaches.

* 2 more whiskers coming out of it's mouth.

* Left eye appears gouged out.

* Tongue appears off center and too far back in it's mouth, almost as if the jaguar is choking.

* The spots are laughable.  A combination of cheetos and oval shapes.

post-5893-0-21739900-1361030228_thumb.jp

Edited by Bodom

I think its a big improvement. The old one looked too cartoony for my tastes.

Thought I'd give it the 8-bit treatment for anyone working on 2013-14 roms already:

mjSlqsO.png

This is sized to 400%, the original size (32 by 24 pixels) is here: http://i.imgur.com/vuhcTTe.png.

Here's a slightly altered version (to look better against the jags' black helmets) plugged into the game hex:

sMdYBtjl.png

Edited by keithisgood

Thought I'd give it the 8-bit treatment for anyone working on 2013-14 roms already:

mjSlqsO.png

This is sized to 400%, the original size (32 by 24 pixels) is here: http://i.imgur.com/vuhcTTe.png.

Here's a slightly altered version (to look better against the jags' black helmets) plugged into the game hex:

sMdYBtjl.png

GOOD WORK

GOOD WORK

mjSlqsO.png

sMdYBtjl.png

Keith, can you post a ROM file of this so we can easily gank the tiles and swap them into new ROMs? :)

* Worst drawn ear ever - just a curved triangle.

* Jaguars don't have pencil thin guido mustaches.

* 2 more whiskers coming out of it's mouth.

* Left eye appears gouged out.

* Tongue appears off center and too far back in it's mouth, almost as if the jaguar is choking.

* The spots are laughable.  A combination of cheetos and oval shapes.

attachicon.gifold Jags logo.jpg

Fair enough to disagree, but many, many nfl logos aren't accurate to their real life animal counterparts.  It's a logo.  I enjoyed it.

Fair enough to disagree, but many, many nfl logos aren't accurate to their real life animal counterparts.  It's a logo.  I enjoyed it.

Agree to disagree.

My post was more attempted humor than it was to be argumentative.  I'm getting too old for that shiznit.

I'm with MGK - I don't really like any of the "cat" logos.  I do prefer the Lions style to the snarling mug shots (Jags, Panthers), though.

Agree to disagree.

My post was more attempted humor than it was to be argumentative.  I'm getting too old for that shiznit.

I'm with MGK - I don't really like any of the "cat" logos.  I do prefer the Lions style to the snarling mug shots (Jags, Panthers), though.

I'm still waiting on that update from Al Gore to convey sarcasm over the internet. ;)  Art certainly is subjective, though.  I don't mind a debate/disagreement.

I'm with you on the cat logos.  When the Jags and Panthers were expansion teams I just thought, "Really?  Two teams:  two cats?"

Love the guido moustache  recommendation.

I'm probably a little bitter because my favorite large helmet creation is now obsolete.  :x  I was really happy with this result!  It took me a long time and many restarts/retrys. (as always, I don't know if it'd work in-game with the palettes)

post-7137-0-32707800-1361540080.png

Edited by AdamB5000

mjSlqsO.png

sMdYBtjl.png

AMAZING! That looks better than the actual logo itself!