Seattle, WA - 04/07/13 - First Annual Pacific Rim Tecmo Tournament

SirTed

Congrats Randy, you definitely earned every win in your run. Thanks to everyone organizing it, and Magnolia Village Pub for having cute/chatty servers and for serving me about 9 or 10 Mac & Jack's.

The WAS/MIN QF game with Randy was a hell of a match. Even though we each had three turnovers, my pick throwing away my chance to seal the game, the play of the game was Randy calling the offset flea flicker for the first and only time of the game and burning me at the end of the second half to make it 7-14 instead of 0-14 going into half. Not only did he trick me into blitzing with Millard and getting burned chasing Bryant, but every motion run after that I was hesitant who to go after, and that equated into a ton of rushing yards to maintain possession, as I played alright pass defense (calling plays) for the most part.

See you all in Centralia soon.

I called PHI/GIA because I felt very good about my chances no matter who Kamp picked. 

I wanted Philly because I was frustrated with my inability to avoid trouble on called passes.  I messed around w/ Invader before the final and tried some of my old QB Eagles tricks and they worked well.  Keith Jackson at WR2 and Byars at TE is enough for me to play my timing pass / QB sneak game.  With Smith, Allen, J.Brown, Joyner, and The Minister of Defense, I also felt that Philly's defense was good enough for at least one stop for me against the Giants.

However, I didn't mind get "stuck" with the Giants either as LT completely eliminates PHI's run game and if there is anyone that can contain QB Eagles it's LT playing the nickle.  I love the balance in NYG's offense and since I've been practicing a lot with Everett/BHump/Graddy/KJax lately I figured transitioning to Simms/Otis/Meggett/Ingram/Baker would be a cakewalk.  I also thought that if I got NYG I could pick on Andre Waters... though I actually ended up not passing low too often and actually got picked off once by Waters.

Basically I felt like the strengths of both teams played well into my strengths.  I was worried some of the matchups that Kamp might call as they would have played to his strengths.  Surviving the WAS/MIN matchup vs Grip after going down 0-14 in the 1st after some bad luck was definitely the biggest test of my resolve in the tourney.

So basically Randy won because he got lucky and won the coin toss. #soreloser #ifyou'renotfirstyerlast

TB King is a good player with some real snap in his d-pad, and a pretty cool dude as well, and of course the JJ jersey... him and his homies from P-Land came in and showed some game... I did not play any of them, but looking forward to some good battles in June.

TB King is a good player with some real snap in his d-pad, and a pretty cool dude as well, and of course the JJ jersey... him and his homies from P-Land came in and showed some game... I did not play any of them, but looking forward to some good battles in June.

Any picks of that Johnny Johnson jersey?

1st off, I gotta give a biggggggg shout out to the people who made this thang happen.  It was everthing I thought one of these would be but better.  All walks of life showin' up for one game, and one goal...I guess thats why this one particular game keeps proving that it's still relevant year after year.....................NOW..................to the tourney!!!  I met a lot of people on this sight, and a couple players from Portland which was nice because we all started talkin' about throwin one of these tourney's here.  They seem like a lot of work to put on, but who knows??!

My 1st match up of the day was against Goal~Line, which I was pi$$ed about...but I guess the person throwin' the tourney got the power...so the show must go on!!!  We decided to throw in a twist and picc a Probowl...I picked NFC (with Johnny of course) & Goal~Line was AFC.  It was an old fasion slugg fest which we played 1,000 times, and before you knew it, the score was 14 ta 14 with 7 seconds left........(here comes the bull$h!t)........Johnson breaks a 15 yarder that gets me to about there 45 yrd line (field goal range)...I'm thinkin' "I got Morton, a 50 yarder's gonna be a piece of cake"...so I BOOT IT!!!  I had the arrow perfectly str8!!!..........and............HE LIMP DICC'S IT!!!  It's SHORT!!!  Morton, really???  So Goal~Line says fucc !t...I'm gonna kicc it from where you missed just for the fucc of it!!!  a 70 yarder with Nick Lowrey with one second left!!!  The ball is snapped, Taylor's comin' like a mad man, Goal~Line lines it up and boots it..................................................the ball is flying......................................I said to myself "fuck this"................................and.............................DING'S IN.  His arrow wasn't even close to being straight!!!  You have got to be kiddin' me.....I shake Goal~Lines hand and Tailback's 0 and 1.  That's the way the ball bounces (literally)

I got ta clock out for lunch.............be back soon!!! 

O.K. I'm back......Game 2 was a wash.  The first carry of the game was a 72 yard burst up the gut with Johnny for a TD...and I thought to myself, "I think this is the way the whole games gonna go".....and it did.  35 ta 3...Tailback's 1 and 1.

Game 3................(vs Kampuna)......................was white knuccles the whole way.  I knew this game was LIVE and I would have to beat one of the best to make the playoffs.  We slugged it out...that's all I can really say...He would get stops, I'd get stops...he fumbled on somthin' like the 10 yard line and Ken Harvey picked it up and scored...that was a break 4 me.  The score was 7~7......Johnny had some monster runs, and over 100 yrds, but nothin seemed to add up to points..........(I wanna see the game again)..........the ice on the Lake HAD to break sometime, and it finally did, with an Aikman bomb to Kelvin Martin with a minute left for a TD.....Lonnie Young didn't feel like showin' up that day with about 4 dropped wide open picc's, and then getting burned with a minute to go...OUCH.  After that play, there was enough time to return a kick, and maybe get one Hail Mary off...................HIKE!!!...Kampuna blitzes, game over.  That was a tough one to lose........especially since it meant that i would be eliminated from the playoffs :(

All and all it was a great event...I got to meet a bunch of Tecmo Ballers, knocc down a bunch of beers, and shoot the sh!t with a bunch of people who are as passionate about this game as I am...(The Golden Era's the ONLY Era!)  The Portland Boyz last chance was Land~Mine vs Grip Smoke..........................and that was the end of our run.

...........again Ted, It was an epic event and a blast, especially for my 1st one...& Many, look forward to seein' you in Chehalis!!!  C~ya soon.....but you'll hear from me sooner!!!  Ha hA Ha!!!  Peace.          ~T.K.            

Edited by ~Tailback King~

I'm not surprised, but I can't help it. Out of all the backs in the NFC, you use Johnny Johnson? No Barry or Neal Anderson?

Yikes.

You deserved to lose on that principal alone - maybe not the way you did, but still.

The love for JJ has to stop at Neal Anderson and certainly Barry.

Sweet pic with your boyz though!

I'm not surprised, but I can't help it. Out of all the backs in the NFC, you use Johnny Johnson? No Barry or Neal Anderson?

Yikes.

You deserved to lose on that principal alone - maybe not the way you did, but still.

The love for JJ has to stop at Neal Anderson and certainly Barry.

Sweet pic with your boyz though!

Hey........he put up over 100 rushing yards vs a tough AFC 'D'.  That loss was not his fault...It was Morton's!!!  He has one of the BIGGEST legs in the game.  The only way I can explain that miss was his condition...had to be bad...because the kick was lined up PERFECT...Then for Lowrey to hit one eazily 10 yards deeper, with L.T. blitzing, with his cursor not even on???  Yeah.    (BULLSHIT)

Hey........he put up over 100 rushing yards vs a tough AFC 'D'.  That loss was not his fault...It was Morton's!!!  He has one of the BIGGEST legs in the game.  The only way I can explain that miss was his condition...had to be bad...because the kick was lined up PERFECT...Then for Lowrey to hit one eazily 10 yards deeper, with L.T. blitzing, with his cursor not even on???  Yeah.    (BULLSHIT)

I'm sure he did, TK, but Barry would have had more. 50 MS vs 69 MS? C'mon, that could have been enough to put you over the top in a close game.

Either way, it still sucks to lose because of a kicker. I'm not surprised Lowery made the long one, since he's the best....but for Morten to come up short is a tough pill.

Thanks for posting your recap!

I'm sure he did, TK, but Barry would have had more. 50 MS vs 69 MS? C'mon, that could have been enough to put you over the top in a close game.

Either way, it still sucks to lose because of a kicker. I'm not surprised Lowery made the long one, since he's the best....but for Morten to come up short is a tough pill.

Thanks for posting your recap!

Hopefully the next one has more W's!!!

There were some problems recording at the beginning of the tournament, but I edited all the footage I captured into game vids, although some of them have to be 2 parters cuz they cut-out mid-game.  Games and Links...........

REGULAR SEASON:

PLAYOFFS:

I also added links to the videos on the Playoffs bracket.

I also added a FILM ROOM to the PNW Tecmo site, where I will embed all super bowl games and link up all vids for each tournament.

If anyone has any pics or anything, like of boxscores, that they want me to add in to the Playoffs bracket, e-mail them to me (my username @ aim.com), np.

Edited by manYo