Seattle, WA - 04/07/13 - First Annual Pacific Rim Tecmo Tournament

SirTed

Question -

Is there a possible work around for modern flat TV's (and the lag)?

They have a ton of the flat TV's at the Pub and it would obviously be easiest to play with those. I'm aware of the lag, personally, it only really bothers me on kickoffs, but that obviously could become a really big deal.

I was chatting with Kamphuna8 and he mention that there may be a workaround. Does anyone have anything?

I'm also in the process of securing old tube TV's - which we could just split to big TV's for viewing, but lugging those bastards around will be really annoying, and my wife wont be too pleased with a bunch of old TV's sitting in our basement. Ideas? Thoughts?

Question -

Is there a possible work around for modern flat TV's (and the lag)?

They have a ton of the flat TV's at the Pub and it would obviously be easiest to play with those. I'm aware of the lag, personally, it only really bothers me on kickoffs, but that obviously could become a really big deal.

I was chatting with Kamphuna8 and he mention that there may be a workaround. Does anyone have anything?

I'm also in the process of securing old tube TV's - which we could just split to big TV's for viewing, but lugging those bastards around will be really annoying, and my wife wont be too pleased with a bunch of old TV's sitting in our basement. Ideas? Thoughts?

The issue is that the processing they perform typically is what causes the lag though this processing is unnecessary for NES games.

You'll want to see if it has a setting for "game mode" else you'll need to try and disable anything extra it's trying to do.

Your best bet is to hook up a system and test the kickoffs to see if you've changed it as needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Well.......................I officially got the absolute best talent from P~Town that I knew and narrowed it down to 3...Me, Chalky White, and Goal-Line-Land-Mine.....This will be my 1st OFFICIAL Tourny, and I'm very curious to know how good some of these tournament players really are.....and keeping with the spirit of rivalry's and Tecmo sh!t talkin, I hope you Seattle Supersonics' play Tecmobowl better than you drive, because it'll be a long day of beatdowns if ya'll don't!!!  P~Town 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!  Rekkognize muthaphukkaz'!!! 

Well.......................I officially got the absolute best talent from P~Town that I knew and narrowed it down to 3...Me, Chalky White, and Goal-Line-Land-Mine.....This will be my 1st OFFICIAL Tourny, and I'm very curious to know how good some of these tournament players really are.....and keeping with the spirit of rivalry's and Tecmo sh!t talkin, I hope you Seattle Supersonics' play Tecmobowl better than you drive, because it'll be a long day of beatdowns if ya'll don't!!!  P~Town 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!  Rekkognize muthaphukkaz'!!! 

Hahaha, I'm halfway between Seattle and Portland, so don't get me started on all you city-slickers and ya big britches...... but all I gotta say is, if Portlanders really are better drivers, it's because they have to be............ Seattle streets are laid out logically, like they was planned........ but Portland, damn, not even the worst acid freak in the world could of planned that crazy concoction of one-way, two-way, three-way, streets, all splashed out onto the landscape at crazy angles to each other........ or maybe that's just how I remember it since I'm usually trying to navigate them after a concert at the Rose Garden or somewhere else.  8-)

Sounds like you're ready for a Tecmo Super Bowl tournament and/or the Player Hater's Ball.

Good luck regardless!

LUCK HAS NOTHIN' TA DO WITH IT.  Ha hA Ha!!!  (I'v alwayz wanted to say that...I just never thought I'd be typing it)........and just like Tyrone Biggums, ya'll Washatonian's better drink some Red Ballz before ya show up on April 7th!!!

Edited by ~Tailback King~

Hahaha, I'm halfway between Seattle and Portland, so don't get me started on all you city-slickers and ya big britches...... but all I gotta say is, if Portlanders really are better drivers, it's because they have to be............ Seattle streets are laid out logically, like they was planned........ but Portland, damn, not even the worst acid freak in the world could of planned that crazy concoction of one-way, two-way, three-way, streets, all splashed out onto the landscape at crazy angles to each other........ or maybe that's just how I remember it since I'm usually trying to navigate them after a concert at the Rose Garden or somewhere else.  8-)

Ha hA Ha!!!!!!!!  Gotta agree with ya........downtown Portland's a b!tch to navigate if ya don't know it.....I personally think they set it up on purpose so they could collect eazy money for the city, and give tickets to the outta towners who don't know where the fuck their goin'............You know the old sayin', "If you see headlights comin' at you going the wrong way while you're driving down a one way street in Portland, chances are the license plate says Washington  :) 

Sounds like you're ready for a Tecmo Super Bowl tournament and/or the Player Hater's Ball.

Good luck regardless!

I can't wait for this tournament and meet all the pimps, ho's, players, johns, tricks, marks, mark-ass tricks, trick-ass marks, skeezers, skanks, skig-scags and scallywhops.

I can't wait for this tournament and meet all the pimps, ho's, players, johns, tricks, marks, mark-ass tricks, trick-ass marks, skeezers, skanks, skig-scags and scallywhops.

Yo Gripsmoke........Knobb told me your pretty good.  Ain't you from Oregon???  You might have to relinkwish your title as the best in the City of Roses come April 7th...........or should I say, pass the TORCH!!!  Ha hA HA!!!  You better bring it.

Edited by ~Tailback King~

Hey guys, got a question to ask, do u guys accept the 'Retro Duo' gaming system for tourney's like this 1?

If u guys r wondering what the Retro Duo system is, it is a gaming system that can play NES and SNES games, but it can not play them both at the same time...

Hey guys, got a question to ask, do u guys accept the 'Retro Duo' gaming system for tourney's like this 1?

If u guys r wondering what the Retro Duo system is, it is a gaming system that can play NES and SNES games, but it can not play them both at the same time...

I don't have a feeling for this myself, and I'm curious how other tournaments have dealt with them. I'm not sure we'll need any retro duo systems but I'll probably ask people to bring equipment as back up.

Does anyone have smallish tube TV's they'd be willing to bring with them? I'm scouring Craigslist as we speak and I've come up with 3. I'd like 4 minimum and shooting for 5.