GUIDE: Playing TSB Online For Dummies (PC)

Neerrm

I'm gonna need Brud or Knobbe to contact me and get my connectivity working with Brudtopia.  I cant get a connection confirmed and I think it has a lot to do with firewalls on my laptop which I believe I disabled one.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm gonna need Brud or Knobbe to contact me and get my connectivity working with Brudtopia.  I cant get a connection confirmed and I think it has a lot to do with firewalls on my laptop which I believe I disabled one.

send me a message on aim and I can help you

• 2 weeks later...

Please update the link for the orig rom in this thread to tsb_tpc. It is currently tpc_original which I was told we don't use anymore. Ran into some new guys who have thought they downloaded all the right things but they are missing the new orig rom. Just a heads up.

• 2 months later...

Any additional information on playing online using a Mac would be greatly appreciated. I found the Wine site unhelpful. In the meantime I will attempt to get things going with my seemingly ancient Windows Vista.

yeah, I am finding that I am having the same issues! however, I don't have a pc that I can conform to at the moment.  Were you able to get it working on the MAC by chance?  I see that was a over a year ago.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey, I'm new to this but really excited about what I see here.  I'm a trucker that goes up and down the West Coast, but hopefully I can figure out how to get some games in in between jobs.  What's the best way to find people to play?

Go  to the TPC website at http://tecmoplayers.com/.  However, there are currently server issues with the site so you can use the following link for the time being  www.tecmoworld.com/twpc.

They have a a tab called "game finder" and it takes you to a mini chat room where other people are looking for games.  Its a bit hit or miss finding people since its not very active but give it a shot.  There is a scoreboard on the TPC site so you will get a good idea of who are some of the more active guys to look for.  In the past, AIM was primary contact for games (still is used by most) so you can find some guys on AIM as well.

Please look for me warmachine0323 on AIM and send me a message if you want to play.  You can best find me at night after 9EST.

hey I'm on windows 10 and I got an error saying something like "this program cannot start because your computer is missing the file d3dx9_42.dll". I tried clicking on the link to use if a file is missing but it redirected to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. Does anyone know an alternative way to get the file?

Try this

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, War Machine.  I think I got this online Tecmo thing figured out.  My big rig took me to the Big Easy tonight.  I should try to get together with people across the country that are playing Tecmo.  I saw that there are live tournaments scheduled here!  

• 2 months later...

Sorry, struggling to get started; I would really appreciate anybody's help here.  I have downloaded everything, but when I attempt to open nestopia, it gives me the direct x error.  However, when I try to download the direct x, it fails.  I'm on windows 10, is that the problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Totally off topic, but does can someone point me to where I need to go to get my computer set up to be able to play online (with a Mac)?  I used to have Nestopia but my old computer crapped out.

And along with whatever I need to download to get it set up, where can I go to get into online leagues or just regular online play?

Thanks for the help.  Can't wait to see this spectacle in person.

I downloaded Openmenu at the recommendation of a friend who's used it before.  I have a USB Remote but can't get it to work even when changing the remote settings within the ROM.

Has anyone used this before or have any suggestions on how to get it working properly?

Thanks again.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...