TSB III for genesis

autzennoise

I haven't looked at the Genesis ROM yet, but I'm pretty sure it will be a lot like the sim values in the SNES version of TSB III, which I came close to figuring out over a year ago. If you have a hex editor and some time, try finding the values I talk about here. In fact, I'd be willing to bet the hex code that represents the sim data is the same for both ROMs, so you may want to just perform a search for the first 4 or 5 hex values from the SNES sim data.

Personally, I don't know why you would want to play the Genesis version, I can't stand the fact that my kicker doesn't accumulate stats! But to each his own.

How did you come to the conclusion that the sim ratings are dependent on the stats?

More than likely the player attribute data you are looking for is in the first part of the rom. The easiest way to determine the position (assuming you use TSBM to edit your roms) is to take any rom and save it in TSBM. Then make a copy of that rom, change the stats for Jim Kelly, and save again. Compare those roms with a hex editor that supports finding differences. This should be the start of the player data.

I gathered that the sim is rating dependent because there is a very direct correlation between created superstars ratings and thier stats, unlike that of SNES. Seriously, if you have a fully developed QB or Receiver, they wil shatter records when simming. Is there specific code I should look for? I seriously would love to edit attributes.

I believe that you can edit the attributes using TSB Manager from emuware.com. It's harder to get the sega games to edit but I think it might be possible. I also think that the sega rom on this site will work and there might be an already edited rom.

I'm still under the impression that sim stats are hard coded though.

Finding the names should be one of the easier parts, if the names are just text like the NES TSB rom. Woodson has the best idea I can think of, make a copy of the rom that's identical except for one change in ratings, then compare them in a hex editor.

I'm still under the impression that sim stats are hard coded though.

Sim stats are definitely hard coded for the SNES version, so I'm pretty confident they would be for the Genesis version as well. The exception to this would be for the created players, which I'm guessing are dynamically calculated based on their current abilities.