Apple Valley, MN - 03/16/13 - Millards Mayhem I

8-bit

What's up all? Great fun at the tourney.  My first time.  I'm happy I just won one game after dusting it off after 9 years!  Eric, great recap - although I methodically marched down on you the first drive.  That fumble wasn't until you had the game under control.  I am still going to buy you a Packers hat for the next one. 

It was awesome.  I hope there is another one soon.  In the meantime, I plan to learn the playbooks ;)

"I've got blockers!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Thanks for the correction. The games began to run together after a while. ;-)

While I appreciate the gesture, there's no way I'm wearing any Packer hat unless I lose a bet or something. lol

Another TECMO Legend Gone South Former Miami Dolphins great Mark Duper charged with child abuse. 

On Tuesday evening, the victim, whose name is being withheld, was playing video games in a Jacksonville home. An argument with Duper ensued over an ex-girlfriend, leading Duper to punch the boy in the face because the teen “wouldn’t listen about picking up his hat.”

I wonder if they were playing TECMO Super Bowl and the teen wasn't using Mark Duper right in the game

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/21/3298648/former-miami-dolphins-great-mark.html#storylink=cpy

Edited by SammieSmith33

• 1 month later...

Bill is definitely one of the biggest pricks to play Tecmo against, you literally need to make sure there are no sharp objects around when playing him.  However, it is GLORIOUS when you win a best of series against him which I have done many of times in the past.  The key is to pick a team with a defender who can JJ int him, just about doubles your odds defending against his bs aerial attack.

Bill is definitely one of the biggest pricks to play Tecmo against, you literally need to make sure there are no sharp objects around when playing him.  However, it is GLORIOUS when you win a best of series against him which I have done many of times in the past.  The key is to pick a team with a defender who can JJ int him, just about doubles your odds defending against his bs aerial attack.

y did u retire from online?

His aerial attack is apparently not that bs. That's all 8 bit and his brother Gridiron did the whole MN meetup at the chatterbox. I got burned on so many deep CC's and JJ's that day, it almost made me sick. Apparently it works, so maybe I should do it more often myself.

Hard to find time to play Joe, although I still play live tourneys.  I need a league where the owners meet at roughly the same time every week instead of trying to hunt each other down.  If I ever start a online league again that's exactly what I'd do.  

A lot of these leagues have a really fast pace.

I'd love to see a slow play league that takes a literal year.

Well I'm currently in the WRL (Weekly Rookie League), and that league releases 2 ROMs every two weeks. So it's literally the length of a full NFL season (minus the bye week of course).

pretty sure ata takes half a year

Hard to find time to play Joe, although I still play live tourneys.  I need a league where the owners meet at roughly the same time every week instead of trying to hunt each other down.  If I ever start a online league again that's exactly what I'd do.  

yeah a league that takes a year to play 16 games is what tecmo needs. more time for the league to die and everyone to forget it existed so it don't see any playoffs. great idea

Bgboud we talked at Madison, I may crawl back in if a spot opens just let me know.

It's not how fast the roms are released that is the problem for me.  When I was in TCS, I had problems with 1) finding time myself to play and 2) matching that time with my opponent to play our game.  If the league had set times where guys would be obligated to meet up, perhaps a few time slots even to be flexible, I would be for that.  Of course if you couldn't guarantee that time when you could play than I guess you just don't play at all, simple as that.  If leagues work fine with their current system and the players involved than good for them, it just doesn't work for me.

• 11 months later...

Hey I am also a big fan of Tecmo Super Bowl and i always love to play it.  Anyone here knows about the lastest version of this game?

Are you a bot or just a human who posts like a bot?

• 7 months later...