New Base NES ROM (32-Team Original TSB Gameplay)

GameplayLoop

Version 1.11..................attachicon.gifTSB 2007-32-1.png

UNK Version.............attachicon.gifTSB 2007-32-2.png

1.11 was made in 2009 and the UNK was made in 2011. HELP us please Cxrom, you're our only hope!!!

I PM'd both Jstout and CX_ROM to see if they could help us out with some information. We're going to get to the bottom of this!

I knew you guys would inquire on this........ http://tecmobowl.org/topic/53231-32-nes-tsb-files-from-cx-rom/

I noticed the dates, when I unzipped the folder. People just assumed it was the same ol' rom, not me  ;-)  

We really need to figure out what's going on here. This could be a total game-changer.

ok, WELL, start from square one again.  I'll check and see if the "initial hacks" needed before are still needed with this version.

no big deal, i doubt any code shifted where it counts.  hopefully - there are not any "new" bugs with this new version!

ok, WELL, start from square one again.  I'll check and see if the "initial hacks" needed before are still needed with this version.

no big deal, i doubt any code shifted where it counts.  hopefully - there are not any "new" bugs with this new version!

Problem is, do we know if this 2011 version has any residual bugs (let alone new ones) remaining from the 2009 version? Also, is this newest version compatible with the various TSB editors?

I had an error in TSBSupreme, something to do with alex smith. It would not save.  :cry:

TOOL source code exists.  if somebody can tell me how or what compiler I need, I can look into it.  to me the hardest part of programming is setting up the compiler and all that crap.

I just played 3 games MAN vs COM. This is VERY buggy. Random cutscenes pop. Onside kicks are unrecoverable. The TD/FG/XP cutscenes play 3x through each time the event is triggered. The cutscene coloring is wrong half of the time with red text and magic pink bg. It's a cool start, but nowhere near finished.

I just played 3 games MAN vs COM. This is VERY buggy. Random cutscenes pop. Onside kicks are unrecoverable. The TD/FG/XP cutscenes play 3x through each time the event is triggered. The cutscene coloring is wrong half of the time with red text and magic pink bg. It's a cool start, but nowhere near finished.

This.

Also, for all the MAN vs. COM players, there's no 2-pt conversion logic for the COM. 

I was up by 8, let the COM score with under a minute left - kicked the XP and lost by 1.

Has anyone tried playing games with the 2-pt conversion off? Does it still encounter bugs? Clearly, I'm leaning towards sticking to the 1.05 version, but it would be nice to have a thorough enough play-testing to figure out when the bugs occur (by which settings have been turned on or off).

Has anyone tried playing games with the 2-pt conversion off? Does it still encounter bugs? Clearly, I'm leaning towards sticking to the 1.05 version, but it would be nice to have a thorough enough play-testing to figure out when the bugs occur (by which settings have been turned on or off).

I have not. I will try the rest today/tonight. I'll try a few with each off/on and post what I discover.

Actually, I didn't even need to play full games.

Random cutscenes pop. Onside kicks are unrecoverable. The TD/FG/XP cutscenes play 3x through each time the event is triggered. 

These ^ still exist no matter what options you choose off/on. Even the "normal" mode has these. If you turn the 2PT conversion on, the cutscene coloring goes haywire.

Actually, I didn't even need to play full games.

These ^ still exist no matter what options you choose off/on. Even the "normal" mode has these. If you turn the 2PT conversion on, the cutscene coloring goes haywire.

Great! Clearly, I would love for that ROM to work, but at least now we know that we can move on and continue the work we've already been doing on the ROM.

rosters coming along quite good.  for now I'm just shuffling old-school players around teams.  

that is my goal - to get all teams filled in with original players (unique to each new player, where permitted - there will be some exceptions, since there are now 32 teams).

question!!!! - who gets to be 81 INT mark CARRIER???  that one is stumping me.

Edited by buck

CHIs Jennings.

Or SEA Sherman. Though Sherman should probably have more speed....

both of those dudes are CBs, not safeties.

f-it.  ed REED; for future HoF sake.

Edited by buck

both of those dudes are CBs, not safeties.

f-it.  ed REED; for future HoF sake.

Haha...I gotta hand it to you, buck.  I take TSB pretty serious - at least more serious than I take most things, but you take it to another level.  I'm not sure I'd have the patience to differentiate between CBs and Safeties.  I'm impressed.

But anyway, I like where this is going.

Who's going to be Testaverde...Wilson or Kaepernick?  Assuming the other will be Peete?