New Base NES ROM (32-Team Original TSB Gameplay)

GameplayLoop

double post, go back and read my other suggestion, but anyways, let'sgetthispartystarted:

"TSB org x1" This is cxrom's 32-team 1.05 with only the following changes:

1.  NFC WEST "offense preference" bug

( when playing live, heavy pass does heavy rush)

x273B4 change to x20 xB6 x9F

SET(0x273b4, 0x20b69f)

2.  NFC West "SIM" bugs

x27479 to x2747B should be x20 xB6 x9F (this goes to cxrom's written code for Team 1)

x27481 to x27483 should be x20 xB6 x9F (this goes to cxrom's written code for Team 2)

SET(0x27479, 0x20b69f)

SET(0x27481, 0x20b69f)

x27FCE should be xE0 (this makes it compare team value correctly)

SET(0x27fce, 0xe0)

3. Player 2 condition fix

SET(0x30e55, 0x20809f)

SET(0x31f90, 0xa66ee46df00218603860)

*regarding offense SIM and SIM calculations,

for the TE to be calculated properly with SIM values

(changed the byte at x175CB from 04 to 05, see http://tecmobowl.org...ata/#entry90243)

Edited by buck

well, we're starting from 2007 scratch here.  so I know that the Bills helmet needs to be white too, now.

Yeah, I'll take a look at the logos and tweak as needed. I looked at most of them the other day and there probably aren't many which need a touch up.

These are all screens that could be updated in our new base ROM. Dates, NFL Logos, etc., etc. The possible changes are pretty apparent. I've done a lot of these changes in the TB-org 2013 ROM. We could easily swipe out intro NFL logos for the ones I did, and even the custom intro itself with New England, Titans, Steelers. Whatever people want to extract that fits the purpose of an updated ROM base, but without changing too much of the original TSB unnecessarily. I just wanted to post some screen caps so we have a basis for comparison.

Discuss...

post-6558-0-12023400-1361567524_thumb.pn

post-6558-0-06196300-1361567532_thumb.pn

post-6558-0-96991600-1361567539_thumb.pn

post-6558-0-88757200-1361567545_thumb.pn

post-6558-0-59972000-1361567559_thumb.pn

post-6558-0-53986000-1361567565_thumb.pn

post-6558-0-44485800-1361567575_thumb.pn

post-6558-0-12503300-1361567582_thumb.pn

post-6558-0-94313800-1361567590_thumb.pn

post-6558-0-69483000-1361567597_thumb.pn

post-6558-0-70605500-1361567603_thumb.pn

post-6558-0-53268900-1361567610_thumb.pn

post-6558-0-60821800-1361567615_thumb.pn

post-6558-0-61010000-1361568008_thumb.pn

post-6558-0-01467300-1361568016_thumb.pn

post-6558-0-56984800-1361568023_thumb.pn

post-6558-0-13068900-1361568680_thumb.pn

post-6558-0-09952600-1361568763_thumb.pn

post-6558-0-88125600-1361568847_thumb.pn

post-6558-0-31021400-1361569031_thumb.pn

my suggestions for all that are:

change "1991 ROSTER" to "TEAM ROSTER"

update the NFL Logo

update the AFC/NFC logos

fix "options" menu to only deal with "clock" or "time"

the rest could be a relative waste of time (for this thread's stated purpose) and can/will be updated by the individual hackers for a specific ROM release.  

^^^for example, if I were use this BASE ROM for my own purposes, I would EXPECT to overwrite the things I'm used to overwriting, not somebody else's hacked up intro or whatever!

we should keep these modifications on the BASIC levels and stick to the ESSENTIALS.  this is just an updated BASE ROM.  save the cool, custom graphic updates for the season/site releases, etc.

my 2$

Edited by buck

my suggestions for all that are:

change "1991 ROSTER" to "TEAM ROSTER"

update the NFL Logo

update the AFC/NFC logos

fix "options" menu to only deal with "clock" or "time"

the rest could be a relative waste of time (for this thread's stated purpose) and can/will be updated by the individual hackers for a specific ROM release.  

^^^for example, if I were use this BASE ROM for my own purposes, I would EXPECT to overwrite the things I'm used to overwriting, not somebody else's hacked up intro or whatever!

we should keep these modifications on the BASIC levels and stick to the ESSENTIALS.  this is just an updated BASE ROM.  save the cool, custom graphic updates for the season/site releases, etc.

my 2$

I totally agree with all of this.

Also, in the idea of keeping it as BASE from the original TSB as possible, I almost want to suggest putting in the original 1991 rosters, complete with SIM stats, Team settings et al, for the sake of using those original stats are a barometer for customization. What do you all (Buck) think? We could use an updated roster, and that too, would make sense to me given we are updating the base to be contemporary. Clearly, the stats / SIM numbers we'd use would have to parallel (if not take exactly from) the original 1991 ratings concept.

Thoughts?

Also, in the idea of keeping it as BASE from the original TSB as possible, I almost want to suggest putting in the original 1991 rosters, complete with SIM stats, Team settings et al, for the sake of using those original stats are a barometer for customization. What do you all (Buck) think? We could use an updated roster, and that too, would make sense to me given we are updating the base to be contemporary. Clearly, the stats / SIM numbers we'd use would have to parallel (if not take exactly from) the original 1991 ratings concept.

Thoughts?

how about we use the exact ratings from the original game, but swapped/matched up to 2013 players/teams?  (like RGIII would get QB eagles ratings and ADP would get BO, etc) it could be a whole other thread, and could cause debate, rage, and insult.  but what else is new?

and I mean straight-up copy/paste ratings - save for the individual names, #'s, and faces.

how about we use the exact ratings from the original game, but swapped/matched up to 2013 players/teams?  (like RGIII would get QB eagles ratings and ADP would get BO, etc) it could be a whole other thread, and could cause debate, rage, and insult.  but what else is new?

and I mean straight-up copy/paste ratings - save for the individual names, #'s, and faces.

I totally agree with this: part 2. Not much rage and debate in ideas that just make sense. We better watch out, Buck; this constant agreement might be a preface to me asking you out on a platonic man date. As far as debate ensuing about which players get what ratings, I don't think it'll be too hot and heavy. This is just a base whose purpose is for modification. Users can change what they want and not waste anyone's time with their grievances in the stat choice parallels used.

I totally agree with this: part 2. Not much rage and debate in ideas that just make sense. We better watch out, Buck; this constant agreement might be a preface to me asking you out on a platonic man date. As far as debate ensuing about which players get what ratings, I don't think it'll be too hot and heavy. This is just a base whose purpose is for modification. Users can change what they want and not waste anyone's time with their grievances in the stat choice parallels used.

I've got a start on matching up new-to-old players ratings.  will post some lists (in a new thread) late tonight possibly.

Apply xplosv's hack to eliminate the intro completely. The intro is an utter waste of time.

Agree with buck on the "Team Roster", as it is the easiest thing to do.

Here's how I did mine..........

attachicon.gifTecmo COA Base Model-0.png

For a base ROM, I don't know about eliminating the intro. I mean, it's useless, sure. But not having the intro seems like a pretty severe hack to me, and very specific to personal interests.

For a base ROM, I don't know about eliminating the intro. I mean, it's useless, sure. But not having the intro seems like a pretty severe hack to me, and very specific to personal interests.

I believe 99.9% of all tecmoers skip the intro after seeing it once. Would you really sit there and watch it, in it's entirety, every time you went to play a game????

I believe 99.9% of all tecmoers skip the intro after seeing it once. Would you really sit there and watch it, in it's entirety, every time you went to play a game????

No, but it takes .2 seconds to press the A-button and skip by it. And if you're not knowledgeable enough to apply Xplozv's hack yourself, chances are the nostalgia of the intro at least being available in the game is something you're going to want. Videos posted online for TB-org's 2013 hack show many people running the whole intro, because they're down with the beats. It's just a part of the game, whether we all skip it 99.9% of the time or not. Again, this is a base ROM.

What about the other rom that cx had made, to use as the base?......... attachicon.gifTSB 2007-32-0.png

I tried all the options on there and they seemed to work, unless I'm missing something???

The 2-pt conversion is bugged. It freezes/resets the game randomly. I'm not sure if the weather portion is bugged, but the weather portion also doesn't DO anything other than a visual change of the field, to my recollection. If that option wasn't bugged as well, and if we eliminated the 2-pt conversion option from the list of selectable features (barring that it didn't freeze/reset the game in the off position as well), I'd be down potentially after some discussion. The juice on/off switch rocks.

I don't recall all of the major issues of his 1.11 ROM. Maybe someone else has a better memory for the problems than I do. But it does have problems, or else I think people would have been using it as the base to their ROMs for the past six years.

Whoops. I meant since it was created. I forgot CX-ROM did an update in 2011..

I played an entire season, just for test purposes and used the two point conversion everytime I scored a TD and it never froze once. Maybe because I was COA'ing??? Only cxrom can answer this.

I played an entire season, just for test purposes and used the two point conversion everytime I scored a TD and it never froze once. Maybe because I was COA'ing??? Only cxrom can answer this.

Philly wrote this: http://tecmobowl.org/topic/9159-tsb-32-team-rom-2007/page-15#entry92993

I agree that CX_ROM is the man to ask and to find out the details from. Anyone have a CX_ROM Bat Signal-esq light they can shine? Otherwise, someone needs to do some serious MAN vs. COM, MAN vs. MAN and etc. testing before we would pimp this out as a new base. Removing options / graphics from the options menu is easy enough for Jstout and others.

Other issues are whether o not the 1.11 ROM can be opened in all of the major editing programs (TSB Tool Supreme) and the like. Again, much testing needs to be done.