New Player needs help with Internet Connection

DwightStoned

Hello everyone...grat site and its great to see TSB so alive!!  I have just recently got into the online play, but unfortunately all my agmes have dropped about 2-5 mins into the game.  It will freeze up and Nestopia will say (Not Responding) and then ill be logged off AIM....only to return to internet service a minute later......any help would be so appreciated...i cant wait to be playing the best game ever, online!

It looks like your connection is just dropping. This can be the fault of a number of things, but if I'd have to take a swing at it I'd guess that you're using some kind of wireless router and the connection between your computer and the wireless router is getting interrupted.

One thing you can do (regardless of what the issue is) is open up a command prompt by going to run and then typing in cmd or just searching for cmd on Windows. From that prompt, type this without the quotes: "ping www.google.com /t"

What that will do is ping Google every second so you can see what your response time is to Google. Leave that run for some time. If your connection IS in fact dropping, you should see some instances of "Request timed out" or otherwise some really significantly high ms times (over 500 is really bad and usually indicates some kind of connection issue).

I guess the logical next step is to ask how you have your internet set up...