Lehigh Valley Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament (PA)

joshopsu

Not being able to change the Playbook makes it very hard to pick Matchups. I played in a local radio station tourney in buffalo with the same rules. I guess you want to be the guy...that gets to pick his team. Why don't some u guys come up to buffalo and play in our tournament after u get some fun playing in your tournament. Its great to see tecmo tournaments going on all over the states!!! &'

Playbook changes are now permitted. See above post.

I live in the Reading,PA area and would love to give it a shot but that day is no good for me. Here's hoping you guys have a good/successful time and there is another one that I can hopefully attend.

Sound good. We plan on having more than one.

Yes. That's me

Ray, when you get there, just bypass the hostess and go to the back room to the right of the bar. We will be there. I just want you and everyone to be aware that Big Woody's stopped advertising a week ago and didn't tell us about it. Even the hostess may say it's canceled. It's not true. It's a long story that they're paranoid about the $10 and the LCB. I'll explain it to you on Sunday. But the EVENT IS ON! Please bring friends if you can!

Mort getting some love on OperationSports from this guy.

Where: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania @ Big Woody's - 2625 Easton Avenue, Bethlehem, PA 18017 (We prefer that people from the Lehigh Valley enter, whether they currently reside or are formerly from. We want to start the inaugural tourney on a local level. We can't have guys like Mort coming into town and destroying everybody the first time.)

I'm not 100% that I'm going to make it. It's my wife's weekend off, so I have to convince her it's a good idea that I go.

I don't think I'll have anyone with me, but I'm trying to get some people to go. My normal tecmo crew all play TSB3 and not TSB... so they're less inclined to attend.

It's looking like I will be there. I am trying to get some people to come with me. Might be able to get 3... but they're all tentative at the moment.

Approximately how long to you expect the event to run for?

We are aiming for about 5 hours. 

We hope to see you and others there.

I'm definitely coming... ugh.

Sorry I didn't make it out. It was a long weekend and when Sunday rolled around, it just wasn't in the cards.

How did the event go? Results?

The event ran very smooth. We got finished by 4:30. We had plenty of systems with no problems. I fixed up 3 systems before the event. The numbers were lower than I wanted. But that's because the owner killed us with lack of advertising. We are currently having discussions of making it bigger and hoping to get a beer sponsor and possibly radio advertisements.

The event ran very smooth. We got finished by 4:30. We had plenty of systems with no problems. I fixed up 3 systems before the event. The numbers were lower than I wanted. But that's because the owner killed us with lack of advertising. We are currently having discussions of making it bigger and hoping to get a beer sponsor and possibly radio advertisements.

This event wasn't advertised on the front page nor via facebook due to the perceived desire to keep this local.

Should that change in the future, we can help out on that end.

This event wasn't advertised on the front page nor via facebook due to the perceived desire to keep this local.

Should that change in the future, we can help out on that end.

Thanks, Knobbe. We intentionally kept it local for only this time. The reason was so we wouldn't disappoint anyone that would have travelled. We will have no geographic restrictions the next time around.