Madison, WI - 03/02/13 - TecmoIX: Marino Royale

holzy11

I feel like such a dumbass I live in Oshkosh so thats only 90 minutes away and i didn't know it was this weekend or else maybe I would have went down there and I have friends I could hang out with.  

From what I have heard it's still possible to get in the tournament.  They had some dropouts.

I feel like such a dumbass I live in Oshkosh so thats only 90 minutes away and i didn't know it was this weekend or else maybe I would have went down there and I have friends I could hang out with.  

And why didn't you say something? :) I came down from Oshvegas.

The whole argument between Online & Live is ridiculous to me. It looks like Online players who are awesome Online do well in tournaments. I can name a bunch of guys, but I'll go with Daboys & Regulator. If anyone says Regulator is a Tourney guy that is just pure bullshit. Hes been mostly a Online player. I'd like to now see these live tourney guys play online to see if they would be as good.. I'm guessing they would be. That being said Dave Murray has a great point there is pressure playing in person. I can't take that away.

I thought Dave did an awesome job of the whole commentary. Fantastic and very witty kept me watching for a while. Only thing I request is make sure Chris Vogt is not blocking the camera view next year. How annoying was that? He was pretty much taking all the camera time blocking the whole place. That blew big time. Overall good stuff and congrats to winner. Well deserved...

I missed the tournament in its entirety. Are we gonna call regulator "the choker" now? :P Much love bro, props.

Just take a look at the top 32 and how many of those people play online. Hell, even the top 56 had prominent online players playing each other to progress.

I don't even know about a supposed "online vs live" argument? so I can't comment on that.  

I was referring to the claim that the talent was supposed to be better this year.  looks like the same guys as always finished at the top.

I don't even know about a supposed "online vs live" argument? so I can't comment on that.  

I was referring to the claim that the talent was supposed to be better this year.  looks like the same guys as always finished at the top.

That would be in reference to the overall talent.  I know that there were guys good enough to be in the single elim that didn't make it there.

enjoyed the stream very much.

ill be the first to admit this. chet is definitely the best original rom player in the world that we know of....noticed i only said orig rom and not tecmo player. take it for what it is i guess.

I see you figured out a way to get there

Dave did an awesome job of rolling with the punches and not only making it happen but keeping everyone in the loop.

I have to say that Daboy was unstoppable for most of the day. Quite impressive. Meanwhile I need to work on actually winning a game.

Daboys was in a zone until Chet knocked him out of it with that kickoff return.

Typically you try and defend a kickoff by getting down there and not giving the return man any yards.

Having your kicker stay back on isn't something you normally do, and realizing after the fact what you should do can really knock you out of "the zone"

I think he said something to the effect, but he didn't recover from that kickoff.

He's always had the talent to do so, great to see him punch in at #3 overall at Tecmo IX and cement his name among the Tecmo Elite.