Madison, WI - 03/02/13 - TecmoIX: Marino Royale

holzy11

It sucks not to be in but the waiting list always bumps up.  Keep in mind if you drop back down to the waiting list you get your 35 back.  At tecmo 5 i was five deep on the waiting list and made it in.  I bought my tickets anyways.  Things come up.  That being said it would be nice if repeat entries had a chance to resign again.  Like on day 1.  Of course I can see where that could prevent new players. 

Another ideal to consider is giving returning entries preference on signups.  Like maybe opening it a day early for those people.  Although eventually I think the focus needs to spread out to other tourneys.  In its current format Madison might be approaching a limit on players.  I stress in its current format. 

Too bad the entry fee wasn't more.  We coulda got 50-100 bucks a man.

Can I please get a spot in this, I'll pay double the fee if needed.

Your best chance would be to sign up for the waiting list because the guys were saying it may be expanded or people may drop out leading up to the event

For what it's worth, I also didnt get an email regarding when registration opened.  I did get on the list though, so thats good :). My email address has been the same for years and I got all the other emails regarding Tecmo IX, just not a registration email.

Edited by Nickabc

Pay the standard entry fee and get yourself on the waiting list. Anyone that has not registered because of the waiting list should do likewise. Your entry fee will be refunded if you do not secure a spot in the field. 

Edited by holzy11

Nickabc, what's your nickname on the Tecmo Madison website? I'm trying to go look in our records to see what happened when we tried to send you the email. If you don't have a nickname on there, can you shoot me a PM with your email address?

To clarify, we did send an email out on December 31 stating that registration opened on January 5. 

Nickabc, what's your nickname on the Tecmo Madison website? I'm trying to go look in our records to see what happened when we tried to send you the email. If you don't have a nickname on there, can you shoot me a PM with your email address?

To clarify, we did send an email out on December 31 stating that registration opened on January 5. 

I did get the email on December 31st.  I had thought we would get an email when it *actually* opened on the 5th.  Perhaps this wasnt something that was sent out this year?  It's honestly no biggie, just saw others had issues with email so thought I would chime in.  Hubie is my nickname on the site.

Any idea what time sign-in may be Saturday morning?  I'm flying in and trying to plan my arrival.  Sorry, I didn't see a start time listed...

Day of check-in may be as early as 8:30 a.m., although we haven't yet decided if the tournament will start at 9:00 or 10:00 a.m. If I were you, I'd plan to arrive Thursday night or Friday morning (at the latest) given the possible weather complications. 

Got another rules question. As to the WR/TE not carrying the ball. So if I'm on a R&S team (Atl/Det/Wash) and I like to run an offset I formation I'm stuck putting a RB at WR1? That's how I read the rule. Thanks.

From the rules:

"A WR/TE cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. You can insert a WR or TE into a RB slot for lead blocking purposes, but he cannot carry the football." 

If the play involves a player receiving a direct handoff that is not a reverse that player must be a RB. In the off set playbook, RB 2 (I believe) is the primary ball carrier on toss sweep R and FB dive. This would affect your other plays if you run a T formation or RS formation for other running plays because RB 1 would be the primary ball carrier. If you run a mixed playbook--most of us do--be aware of who carrys the ball in each situation so you're not caught out by using a TE or WR in a slot that receives a non-reverse handoff. 

For the record, standard registration at standard registration rates was available to you in our first 8 tournaments, and despite living less than 90 minutes away, you chose not to attend. So your sudden, passionate interest in Tecmo IX, now that it's full, is certainly interesting, and some may say less than genuine.

Got another rules question. As to the WR/TE not carrying the ball. So if I'm on a R&S team (Atl/Det/Wash) and I like to run an offset I formation I'm stuck putting a RB at WR1? That's how I read the rule. Thanks.

Yes, I believe that's correct. Otherwise, you'd have a WR running the football on a non-reverse, which is no longer permissible. 

Warning: The list of competitors appearing on the TecmoIX page may change. Just because you're #191 tonight (and within the presently-contemplated 192-man field) doesn't mean you'll be # 191 tomorrow. It appears as though a couple guys may have paid, but because of a hiccup between WePay and Tecmomadison.com, their names are not yet appearing on the tournament roster. Tomorrow, we'll take a closer look at this and make any necessary changes. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Rest assured, we will make certain that the first 192 competitors to complete registration find their way into the field.

is everything finalized for the 192 ?

8-bit, I recently (within the last 10min) sent you an email about participants 192, 193, and 194. Take a look and let me know if you have concerns. 

We are still verifying the list of people, and will send out updates to those affected (if anyone is affected).

thanks man

Get off my nuts patbeach!  I have severe anxiety and last year I was was going to come but someone wanted me to help with a surprise birthday party for an immediate family member on the day of.  I'll sign up on the waiting list and pay tonight.