Madison, WI - 03/02/13 - TecmoIX: Marino Royale

holzy11

R + A is overrated..... I run it maybe 2 or 3 times a game (if that) and have great success. It's more of a decoy play for me. If you don't pick it, you can stop it for 8-10 yards and live to play another down. If your lucky, you can stop it for < 5 But hey, maybe that's just because I out tap the world.

Well, not the whole world. Garbage Gauthier did get the best of you in last year's best-of-7 "juice-off" in Madison, though it was by the slightest of margins (4 to 3). I believe a rematch is in order in March!

Im all for making the entry fee more, that way with the new payment system the field might get limited a bit.  And don't bother with a T-shirts.  Last year by the time we got there they were all out of our size.  I ended up with two XL t-shirts, mine and my brothers who didn't want it and eventually they will end up at good will.  Im thinking 60 bucks minimum. 

Madison Tecmo. Had a great time last year. With the level of competition I became extremely grateful for my 1 win. Won't stop me from having a great time again this year (provided I sneak in at registration). Maybe for about 95% of us, a t-shirt idea could be "I got my Marion Butts kicked at Tecmo and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"

Out of curiosity, just wondering if anyone has an "X-Factor" that amps them up to the nth-degree? I've found that whenever I'm in a Tecmo slump, putting on my Big Country vinyls seems to help. Have to put on 'The Seer' before 'The Crossing', however, for some reason I still don't know.

Madison Tecmo. Had a great time last year. With the level of competition I became extremely grateful for my 1 win. Won't stop me from having a great time again this year (provided I sneak in at registration). Maybe for about 95% of us, a t-shirt idea could be "I got my Marion Butts kicked at Tecmo and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"

Out of curiosity, just wondering if anyone has an "X-Factor" that amps them up to the nth-degree? I've found that whenever I'm in a Tecmo slump, putting on my Big Country vinyls seems to help. Have to put on 'The Seer' before 'The Crossing', however, for some reason I still don't know.

TERRIFIC TSHIRT IDEA!

Well, not the whole world. Garbage Gauthier did get the best of you in last year's best-of-7 "juice-off" in Madison, though it was by the slightest of margins (4 to 3). I believe a rematch is in order in March!

Indeed! I blame it on a mushy A button :)

Many years ago, when I was a young man, I spent a day playing Tecmo in Wisconsin Dells with a number of Tecmo enthusiasts from Milwaukee, Madison, and Minnesota in what was known as the inaugural Tecmo Ryder Cup. There I met a young man by the name of Taha (I was told), brother of Sobhi. During gameplay, Sobhi stood behind Taha, and coached him through some impressive victories. Are you that same person? Was it all a dream? 

YES IT IS EYE

Sorry, will not be able to attend this year.

Have a baby due the week of the tourney

If anyone is interested in broadcasting the event you can get with me about the how-tos

I'll be back for Tecmo X: In Rod we Trust

Did I miss the email saying registration is open like last year?

That woulda been helpful so me and my crew coulda made it.

I thought the point of having a mailing list in the first place was to send a friendly reminder to former particants that are open.

Edited by 8-bit

Warning: The list of competitors appearing on the TecmoIX page may change. Just because you're #191 tonight (and within the presently-contemplated 192-man field) doesn't mean you'll be # 191 tomorrow. It appears as though a couple guys may have paid, but because of a hiccup between WePay and Tecmomadison.com, their names are not yet appearing on the tournament roster. Tomorrow, we'll take a closer look at this and make any necessary changes. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Rest assured, we will make certain that the first 192 competitors to complete registration find their way into the field.

Did I miss the email saying registration is open like last year?

That woulda been helpful so me and my crew coulda made it. Thanks

Yes, this email was sent out like it is every year. If you changed your email address without updating it on the site, then you wouldn't have gotten it. In addition, the email may have found its way into your spam folder. In addition to the email, registration date/time was announced on this thread and on Twitter.

All that said, make sure you register, even if you're outside of the top 192. Based on demand, we may expand the field, and if we do, you'll want to be as high up on the list as possible. Remember: anyone who is on the alternate list, and doesn't get to play in the tournament due to the tournament being full will have their money refunded.

So, just like previous years: there is no downside to getting your name on the alternate list.

Warning: The list of competitors appearing on the TecmoIX page may change. Just because you're #191 tonight (and within the presently-contemplated 192-man field) doesn't mean you'll be # 191 tomorrow. It appears as though a couple guys may have paid, but because of a hiccup between WePay and Tecmomadison.com, their names are not yet appearing on the tournament roster. Tomorrow, we'll take a closer look at this and make any necessary changes. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Rest assured, we will make certain that the first 192 competitors to complete registration find their way into the field.

Just feeling screwed, not anyone's fault.. It is what it is

Yes, this email was sent out like it is every year. If you changed your email address without updating it on the site, then you wouldn't have gotten it. In addition, the email may have found its way into your spam folder. In addition to the email, registration date/time was announced on this thread and on Twitter.

All that said, make sure you register, even if you're outside of the top 192. Based on demand, we may expand the field, and if we do, you'll want to be as high up on the list as possible. Remember: anyone who is on the alternate list, and doesn't get to play in the tournament due to the tournament being full will have their money refunded.

So, just like previous years: there is no downside to getting your name on the alternate list.

I checked everywhere, I get tecmo Madison emails, but no email saying registration is now open.

Just sucks because friends have already bought plane tickets and such and we all went last year

I checked everywhere, I get tecmo Madison emails, but no email saying registration is now open.

Just sucks because friends have already bought plane tickets and such and we all went last year

I'd be willing to bet you're make the cut

Yes this was my problem when trying to register earlier in the day. WePay requires a waiting period for you to confirm your bank account to pay the 35$ fee. At the time, I did not have access to my wallet (nor did I have internet access as I was at a family Christmas) to use a credit card. Luckily, my cousin braad was willing to get on my name and use his CC to pay so I could sneak in. Maybe next year Paypal could be considered as payment since you can send money as a "gift" instantly. I almost had tecmo depression knowing the field was filling up and I had not registered.