TSB Practice ROM

MarkCarrier20

Defense part would be trivial, maybe set them on the sideline or something...

- the weird thing would be the Offensive Line/Blockers! In most cases, a blocker is sent on a "path" and then set to "block a certain player". So, you either have to reprogram the blockers to just run their path and stop (not block) or you'd have to reprogram the actual code that does the blocking and have it ignore that command (I have no idea how to do that, just saying).

maybe an easier thing to do would be to set the Defense to "just stand there in place - don't chase the ball carrier/receiver". that way, the blocking won't need to be reprogrammed.

Edited by buck

blockers are also sent to block LBs and secondary, though.

if the poster wants a rom with defenseless FGs, that would be easy and I will give it a shot. I will also give the rom a shot, with "dummy defenses", too. I have a couple of days off and I'll take a shot at it.

Buck this is AWESOME. Exactly what I wanted/had in mind. It's cool how the defensive players are still in the field of play, it's more of an 'in game" environment.

It was really interesting to see how the non-skill position players function in terms of blocking. For instance, it seems like on some plays the offensive linemen actually are programmed to help the ball carrier win a grapple against a defensive player- is that true? There were several times where they would suddenly sprint to the ball carrier after they had conquered their original blocking assignment.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. You and I have hung out at the last few Lincoln tourneys- I'm Paul from Omaha. You bumped me from the playoffs last year in an epic SF v GIA match-up, I think you won 14-10, it was a blast.

If it isn't too much trouble for you, I'd love a ROM to practice my FG's that you mentioned earlier.

Thanks again Buck.

• 3 weeks later...
I wanted a rom like this but I wanted an "offense" only rom (maybe defense maybe too) where after each score or turnover on downs you would go back on offense again. I'd like a "live" defense (and offense in case of defense rom).

don't really need a special rom to do this:

"save a state" on your emulator and go back to it after you score.