A-button to cancel handoff and A to pitch along a path

quince3800

Okay,

I don't know what happened before, but I got this the second time @88c4:

D5 | F3 10 | 11 06 | CA C5 A8 | DE 00 01 | D8 F0 08 | FF 32 B8 (“wait for contact”); 88d5 = E2 06 E3 06

@8859:

D5 | F3 18 | 11 07 | CA 5D A8 | DE 01 01 | D8 10 C8 | D8 20 E8 | FF 32 B8 | E2 06 E3 03; 886d =  E2 06 E3 03

D5:  shotgun snap

11 0X:  handoff to HB, probability

CA:  COA/COM pointer to… RP and MS boosts

DE 0X 01:  pitch movement (before choice) command (Y, X)

D8 YY XX:  movement

FF B8 32:  jump to 32 C8 (= 3A 57 34 43 3A 66 A3 11 33 86 65 A5 35 34 73 00...??)

These look like they could be handoff codes because I took two different examples and they read very similarly, plus the 11 0X command.  The RB should not be taking a shotgun snap in this instance and this (F3 2C | E2 02 | D8 F0 D0 | D8 E4 00 | DE 00 01 | D8 E4 18 | FF 32 B8) should be the RB code for the second example (@8888) I think.

Does the absence of the FD and CB commands make for the handoff code?

Edited by quince3800

Okay,

I don't know what happened before, but I got this the second time @88c4:

D5 | F3 10 | 11 06 | CA C5 A8 | DE 00 01 | D8 F0 08 | FF 32 B8 (“wait for contact”); 88d5 = E2 06 E3 06

@8859:

D5 | F3 18 | 11 07 | CA 5D A8 | DE 01 01 | D8 10 C8 | D8 20 E8 | FF 32 B8 | E2; 886d =  E2 06 E3 03

D5:  shotgun snap

11 0X:  handoff to HB, probability

CA:  COA/COM pointer to… RP and MS boosts

DE 0X 01:  pitch movement (before choice) command (Y, X)

D8 YY XX:  movement

FF B8 32:  jump to 32 C8 (= 3A 57 34 43 3A 66 A3 11 33 86 65 A5 35 34 73 00)

These look like they could be handoff codes because I took two different examples and they read very similarly, plus the 11 0X command.  The RB should not be taking a shotgun snap in this instance and this (F3 2C | E2 02 | D8 F0 D0 | D8 E4 00 | DE 00 01 | D8 E4 18 | FF 32 B8) should be the RB code for the second example (@8888) I think.

Does the absence of the FD and CB commands make for the handoff code?

Yes, this is a read handoff.  The absence of the CB with the FD command means there is no option pitch while the 10-1A command is what creates the read handoff action.

In your analysis, DE YY XX is a cleaner look to be shown (the DE is the command to take control if ballcarrier and 00 01 just makes it the shortest possible check path) and FF 32 B8 goes to x9842 (F4 00 | FE FE) instead of the other stuff.

Sorry again,

How do you manipulate the FD commands and what importance does this really have given that the computer isn't truly reacting to or aware of who is infront of the ball carrier?

The FD command gives the COM the ability to check that certain players are near.  The option pitch uses this knowledge for the COM to pitch the ball when a set player is near thus giving it some awareness of what is going on (we don't want to pitch when a player is near that is supposed to be block by an OL for example).  Without the command the player would always keep the ball thus there wouldn't be any option ability.

The FD command is just simple bit manipulation (each bit is a player with the order RE, NT, LE, ROLB, RILB, LILB, LOLB, RCB, LCB, FS, SS):

x80 = %10000000

x40 = %01000000

x20 = %00100000

x10 = %00010000

x08 = %00001000

x04 = %00000100

x02 = %00000010

x01 = %00000001

x00 = %00000000

Example: x03 = x02 + x01 for %00000011.  So FD 03 00 would be %00000011 %00000000 having the 7th and 8th player set (LOLB and RCB).

Edited by jstout

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

I think I'm doing something wrong with the coding. I was able to create a mesh point (QB-to-FB), which I verified does in fact work using a copy of the OptionDEMO rom Jstout posted. This will not, however, work on the original (TSB 91) rom.

I then went looking around and found significant differences between the DEMO rom and the original @18163 and on. What exactly was done to the OptionDEMO rom to make it run the handoff and pitch options? Does this affect any other aspect of the game other than play writing? What offsets be pasted onto any rom (including the 3-4 / 4-3 rom) in order to get this same feature to operate?

Edit 2:  The answer to this is cutting and pasting x28000 - x2c005 from the OptionDEMO rom posted earlier in this thread. 

Edit: The changes made to create the 4-3 rom are VERY significant and often I notice that people use potentially overlapping free space within the rom in order to hack in what they want done. Hence, the last question.

Also, I've been using the following code for RB1, who is to receive the pitch in the triple option:

D7 30 00 | DE 18 10 | (DE 00 14) | FF 5F/4E BE

I can get the QB to move through the handoff fake to RB2 and then continue, pitching with A.  However, when RB1 gets the ball, I don't get control immediately--and haven't been getting it at all because RB1 is always tackled.  No matter what the code after the DE sequence (even if there's only 1), the back seems to run where ever he wants.

Is there something written into the code that has the ballcarrier on autodrive for X amount of time until the user gets acclimated to the fact that the back has the ball?  If so, how do you eliminate or modify this? 

Edited by quince3800

Greetings,

I think I'm doing something wrong with the coding. I was able to create a mesh point (QB-to-FB), which I verified does in fact work using a copy of the OptionDEMO rom Jstout posted. This will not, however, work on the original (TSB 91) rom.

I then went looking around and found significant differences between the DEMO rom and the original @18163 and on. What exactly was done to the OptionDEMO rom to make it run the handoff and pitch options? Does this affect any other aspect of the game other than play writing? What offsets be pasted onto any rom (including the 3-4 / 4-3 rom) in order to get this same feature to operate?

Edit: The changes made to create the 4-3 rom are VERY significant and often I notice that people use potentially overlapping free space within the rom in order to hack in what they want done. Hence, the last question.

Also, I've been using the following code for RB1, who is to receive the pitch in the triple option:

I can get the QB to move through the handoff fake to RB2 and then continue, pitching with A.  However, when RB1 gets the ball, I don't get control immediately--and haven't been getting it at all because RB1 is always tackled.  No matter what the code after the DE sequence (even if there's only 1), the back seems to run where ever he wants.

Is there something written into the code that has the ballcarrier on autodrive for X amount of time until the user gets acclimated to the fact that the back has the ball?  If so, how do you eliminate or modify this? 

I asked the same thing, but now, taking a look at the CollegeDEMO you can pitch many times ( I dont know how many), (and there's a bug when you reach the scrimmage line though).

Because the OptionDEMO had so many bugs with the plays I asked jstout if I can merge that Demo, into another rom, and he answered me with this:

For a original playbook, you need to edit out the few x10-x1A play commands to x00-x0A.  Then you need to rewrite the plays so that the option works on the plays you want or write up the new plays.

But checking for the plays in the offense, I just found out 2 of these commands (I'm not even sure if I read them correct), so I checked the defense, but when I was about to, I "copy-pasted" bruddog's defense-hack rom, and the Option ran SMOOTHLY!, (Now,  it has minor bugs, but that option-code works, only jstout can tell you how...)

Here's the Straddled-TRIPLE-OPTION rom I made with the code in the OptionDEMO (where you can see perfectly the "bugs" on the Defense.)

Triple option.zip

And here's the rom I made using bruddog's defense-hack (which is almost perfectly  MAN playable) ( COM-COA bugs)

Triple2.zip

This ROM has a double pitch option (first, almost immediately, and second on path)

Of course reading the defense is the essential part for running an Option, so with this rom you can do that with ease. When COM plays it, you can see how instead of "pitching" the ball for the first choice, the QB hands it over to RB, if he goes for 2nd, he fakes the hand off (on his second choice he "stands", and in his third, he will pitch the WR).

And here's the rom I made using quince3800's advice, and jstout notes on this thread, where the A-Button cancels the handoff, (sorry I didnt read the title correctly) and QB continues with the option.

Triple.zip

Edited by pambazos88

I dont know nothing on the offensive commands, but me having the same problem, just can say I ended making shorter every initial "path", but longer the final one (where HB gets the higher probability of being pitchd) , then immediate control at some re-direction point (MAN/COM) (xE4/xDF)

Edited by pambazos88

• 5 months later...

I believe this is that demo. it shows the "xCB(command)" jstout was talking about, but the info. at  x8010 to x9F86 ($A000 to $BFFF) just sets the play's "reaction", but for messing with the command sequence, it goes up to the x28000 - x2c005 area, letting the Qb pitch before it gets to the scrimmage. (IT'S THE FIRST SLOT AT THE PHI-EAGLES PLAYBOOK) (only QB and RB1 were hacked) this demo was great!! (I think it was made by xplozv), but this sequence fumbles alot and of course some offense and def. plays have bugs. So what's been modified at these offsets?,  and can it be set to fit in a normal playbook ????attachicon.gifOptionDEMO.zip

Is it just me or is this hack glitchy?  I noticed it when I first downloaded the optionDEMO rom and have also noticed that by copying the suggested section (x28000 to x2c005), you wind up with problems with the shotgun hikes.  The "1" or "2" over the QB disappears; the screen shoots in different directions at random; the player indicator over the man controlled defensive player changes at random, although leaving you with control of the player you selected.  In addition the 'ball carrier' switched after having pitched and run for a while to a defensive player; yet, when I crossed into the end zone, it was still a TD.

Pasted onto the 2007 32-team rom, it completely disabled everything--endless plays and the ball not getting to the QB, but going to the select DL on the other team.

Am I doing something wrong here?  I've only copied and pasted to get it onto another rom, but the original seemed to have some kinks also.  Wondering if anyone else has seen anything or has tips.

Edit:  I also just ran a perfect pitch from QB Eagles TO Barry Sanders for a TD.... TD QB Eagles.  Following that the opposing QB rolled out and then the defense took control of the ball....  Threw it forward (towards MY endzone) for an incomplete pass resulting in a first down.  I'm using Nestopia.

Edit 2:  I intercepted a pass completely out of bounds (not jumping or diving or anything)... ran around and it became a touchback (maybe this one was my eyes)....  Then another endless scrum (after the defense threw the ball from out of bounds), finally recovered by the defense after running around the ball... first down offense.

I've been using the FFFFF strings immediately below the offensive play commands so as not to overwrite anything.

Edited by quince3800

I figured I should post this.  Below is a template for the triple option:

QB:

D4/D5:  Take snap /shotgun

[D7/D8 YY XX:  movement (location / path); F3/F4 pause]

1P 0X:  handoff to P (1P); probability (0X)                 1 = RB1; 2 = RB2; 3 = WR1; 4 = WR2

FD PP PP:  establishes who to pitch away from (in binary—below)

CB YY XX 0P:  tells (QB) who to pitch to (0P)[1] after following path YY XX

DE YY XX:  “pitch” path (location / path)

FF XX XX:  jump to                                                    Pointer = inverse – 1FF0

[1] Can be different from player in 1P 0X sequence; hence triple option.

RB dive:

F3 XX:  pause                                                              Could be F4

(E series for boosts [optional])

D7 YY XX:                                                                 F series for back and up; 0 series for

down and forward

DE YY XX:

FF XX XX[1]:  jump to                                                   Pointer = inverse – 1FF0

[1] Worked with FF BC AA

*Note the RB going to the outside would have a different path, but still end in DE YY XX, FF XX XX.

I posted this mainly to show that there is no need for an FF command for the QB in order to move from the handoff/fake handoff to the option run and pitch.  (I actually couldn't get that to work for me).

Here's a successful triple option code I've been working on.

QB (top):  D4 | D7 00 FB | F3 13 | 12 07 (meaning A to cancel handoff to RB at 07 random %) | FD 03 E0 (the information explaining this is noted above in the thread) | D7 F0 04 | CB F8 08 01 (tells the QB who to pitch to [01 = RB1] following the YY XX path) | DE 00 04 (the range within with you can pitch) | FF 32 B8 ("stand forever"; note jstout fix below)

RB2 (top, diving):  F3 14 | D8 DF 1C (this gets the FB in between the 3-4 TDE and NG without the MAN having to figure out where he would fit, just run straight; use D8 01 1C for the bottom dive to get the same effect) | DE 00 08 (continuing straight with get the FB through the LOS cleanly) | FF 3C BE

(This was done using the placement graphic posted by Tecmonster here:  http://tecmobowl.org/topic/11445-create-your-own-defenses/page-3?hl=%2Bcreate+%2Bdefense#entry100429).

RB1 (top, outside pitch man):  F3 21 | D7 E8 00 | D7 EA 20 | DE 00 01 | FF 38 B8 (this code makes the pitch man imitate the ball carrier's movements, though that might be a glitch)

Also, I didn't get this when it was first written, so I'll post this too.  For pitching away, I've not tested any of this, but the binary chart is as follows:

Hex

Binary

0000 0000

0000 0001

0000 0010

0000 0011

0000 0100

0000 0101

0000 0110

0000 0111

0000 1000

0000 1001

A

0000 1010

B

0000 1011

C

0000 1100

D

0000 1101

E

0000 1110

F

0000 1111

RE, NT, LE, ROLB, RILB, LILB, LOLB, RCB, LCB, FS, SS

Hence, the above FD 03 E0, means the following:

03=     0000 0000

0000 0011

E0=              0000 1110

0000 0000

Thus:  0000 0011 1110... RE, NT, LE, ROLB, RILB, LILB, LOLB, RCB, LCB, FS, SS

(... the 12th bit does mean anything because there's 11 players)

Edited by quince3800

Here's a successful triple option code I've been working on.

QB (top):  D4 | D7 00 FB | F3 13 | 12 07 (meaning A to cancel handoff to RB at 07 random %) | FD 03 E0 (the information explaining this is noted above in the thread) | D7 F0 04 | CB F8 08 01 (tells the QB who to pitch to [01 = RB1] following the YY XX path) | DE 00 04 (the range within with you can pitch) | FF B8 32 (supposed to be "stand forever," but it's not working that way right now)

Your FF wouldn't work here because the B8 32 needs to be reversed.  The Address Lo Byte should be first and the Address Hi Byte second.

• 2 years later...

This hack can be made to pass where the QB makes a choice as to whether to pitch (and/or likely handoff also) or to go into the passing command.  I haven't gotten much into the other similar command, but from Xplozv's College Demo rom you have:

C1 28 C8 D9 94 04 33 32 31 F5 42 B8 FF 32 B8 C1 3A 3C before a string that calls it up: 

@9750:  CC FE ED (jump back 12 hex spaces from FE to the beginning of the above text)

@9753:  CA 51 B7 (pointer to the FE loop command @9751; does the CC belong to the above?... presumably, yes)

...  D5 (shotgun snap; this could change)

CB 00 F8 | 01 (pitch to RB1 after following the YY, XX path)

DE 00 01 (interval over which the QB can pitch)

FF 32 B8 (stand forever)

Note that the pointer is 43b7, which gives @9753, so you have to call it to the right spot, otherwise the QB just falls down immediately after taking the snap. 

Also, all of the 1X 00 FE EA man series commands have to be written out, as is noted above.  If not the defense will take control of the ball after 10-12 seconds into the play.

I haven't figured out what constitutes a good pitch sequence, but you have to D7/D8/D9 the back over the LOS after receiving the pitch (I have F3 28 | D9 90 01 | DE 08 10 | A4 | FF 32 B8 right now--I don't know what the A4 is doing), otherwise the RB will become the QB.  (As of right now and if you wait to pitch, then the RB will still act like the QB though).  There may be another way of doing this (or not because it seems that Xplozv had a similar thing going on), but I don't know of it yet.

There's another similar code @96cb that reads:  C1 55 D2 D9 94 24 43 32 31 F5 42 B8 FF 32 B8 C1 05 19 (CC?).  What follows @96DD is:

(minus the CC, which is included just above) FE ED | C1 0F 19 | FD E2 04 | E3 04 | D8 CC F0 | 27 38 B8 | FE D2 | D4 | C0 00 DC | E4 | 2C 03 B7 | C0 00 E0 | F0 80 | C7 FD B6 | C1 5A D2 | D9 (=?) | 93 54 42 31 | F3 42 B8 | FF 32 B8

I'll pick this apart later.  Also, note that I took the @28000-2C005 sequence from Xplozv's rom in testing, which he edited, but it seems not to matter which version (his or Jstout's) you use.  I still don't know where you can move Jstout's tapping hack or the no fumble after TD hack though.  You can't move them to the blank space starting @2FEF0 or @2CF50.