Hitting Power for Running Backs

HP is not important on the original... there are too many players with HP greater than 44 for okoye to make any real impact.

56 ms is just godly on roms rated with speed values on defense like the original. this is why there are no 56msers on my rom for WTL.

another thing i try to do on my roms is have a broder spectrum of HP on defense... for example, 63 hp rbs will break through the worst DBs (13hp)... and so on.

Hitting power is important to slower backs, because they need to break tackles. But if you have higher max speed, you will probably outrun them. So if it's a choice of breaking tackles when I get hit, or not getting hit at all. I'd rather have speed.

I love Okoye. He has 50MS and 94HP so he has above average speed with great hitting power. Get him in excellent and he is a beast. Sure it doesn't help grappling vs a MAN player, but the HP definitly helps. I think he is one of the best backs in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

If the runner's HP is 50 points or more greater than the HP of the defender they will popcorn them.

So a 75 HP guy will run over a 25 HP defender every single time, but will never ever run over a 31 HP defender. Of course player conditions come into play so its always based on what HP they have at the time of contact.