Player stats/abilities for Bad News Baseball

pmeth

On 6/9/2017 at 7:05 AM, Baron von Lector said:

I'm essentially done with the ROM but won't release it until Monday.  I want to fine-tune some of the defensive ratings.  Using the game's A-B-C scale, I was comparing a player's fielding percentage against the league average at that position.  If a player was similar or above the league average, I awarded a B.  If a player was considerably below average, I awarded a C.  If the player was ever a gold-glove winner at his position, I awarded an A.  The problem with this method was that there weren't enough As.  When simming a game, it wasn't out of the ordinary for a team to commit 8-10 errors a game.  So, I'm going to adjust my scale a bit.

I see that the ROM is up. I'll try it out tonight! Just an FYI, you are free to borrow any of the changes I made for my Under The Lights mod. I feel I improved upon many of the team logos, correcting them to the official MLB ones. I like the choice to change Mets to Yankees, though that shifts the balance from 6 NL and 6 AL teams to 5/7. I've got versions of the game where I have the Rockies and the Pirates included, only because their team colors are unique (yellow and purple), which gives more variety than the usual red/blue/black which most teams have.

• 3 months later...
On 6/7/2017 at 9:53 PM, Baron von Lector said:

Good news since the last post... I solved the Divinci Code of Bad News Baseball.  I figured out how to create RH and LH batters.

I've been reading that folks hate the Forkball.  I was thinking of possibly removing it, but thought against it while maybe giving it only to staff aces or elite pitchers.

At the moment, I have 4 teams 100% complete and am looking for a release date of Friday or Monday at the latest.

Also, I simmed a game earlier between Chicago and New York.  Is this HR production the norm?

18920220_1937746643159597_8369151956331160517_n.png

@Baron von Lector So how do you make batters LH or RH?

Edited by Weaklandn

I've been using Tile Layer Pro to find the tiles for the letters of the teams on the top of the end game recap screen. ex "SF" for San Francisco and "NY" for New York. I found tiles that changed very similar letters on the outfield scoreboard but they don't seem to use the same tiles as the end game recap screen. Anyone else tried to change these?

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

To anyone that is still interested, I figured out how to make batters left or right handed. in the byte where you put the Running Ability, we knew that the number gets divided by 2 and 1 is added to it. So if you want a "5" in running you put an 8 in the byte, it is divided by 2 to make 4 and 1 is added to make "5". HOWEVER if you want a left handed batter, the number that you input has to be odd. So if you want a "5" in running but you want them to be a lefty you put an 9 in the byte, it is divided by 2 to make 4.5 and 1 is added to make 5.5 or "5"

A and B are for "6"

C and D are for "7"

E and F are for "8"