Tecmo Grey Cup 2012

Gnar

This is my first real try at a rom, and mostly I just updated rosters. This is based off of a rom I found in the zip file of roms at tecmosb.com.

Features:

-Updated rosters as of today (10/21/12)

-Correct uniforms for all teams

-Stats added to halftime

-Only 3 downs to get a 1st down

-Fixed bug in the rom that this is based off where after the 1st quarter the CPU wouldn't make smart decisions on 3rd down (ie going for it all the time)

Tecmo Grey Cup 2012.nes

There are a couple other versions that I based this one off of, but they either have messed up graphics or original TSB rosters. This is 2012 rosters, uniforms, logos, everything but ratings. And I may get around to rating this thing at some point, but I figured most would just care about the rosters and the fact that it's CFL.

WOW, this is the first time I've heard of a rom like this. Canadian Football is truly an exciting game, I can't wait to download this when I get home. Is there any other CFL roms out there?

It's posts like these that are the reason I thought bringing puretecmo over here was a good idea

It's posts like these that are the reason I thought bringing puretecmo over here was a good idea

Honestly I wasn't happy with the switch at first but with the Puretecmo theme and now being able to kill some time reading thru some Tecmobowl.org info I'm glad with the switch. Is there a thread on how to edit the playbook? I would love to fool around with this rom. Or is it possible to take playbooks that have been edited from other guys and pick and choose and make your own?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did you include the "Rouge"? Gotta have that for a CFL game!

Not that I could tell.

The only way I can think of to do that would be to assign a points-value (i.e., 1 pt.) to any Touchback.  I know that that's not exactly as per the Canadian rules -- but, it's as close as I think one could get.

Please, don't ask me how to do that.  I'm only at the VERY beginning of learning how to find things in a Hex Editor.