Sign in to follow this  
MRTECMOSUPERBOWL

callmefairf new HSTL Commish beginning next season!

callmefairf will officially be your new HSTL commish beginning next season. Please give him a chance to prove he can run this league well and with an open mind. He has a huge heart for this game and has put in some major hours. The #1 reason he is getting this gig is because of the dedication to this league and to tecmo. Hes been around a long time and deserves a chance. Regulator totally was a great commish possibility and probably deserved it as much as callmefairf.

Please welcome your new Commish...

Edited by MRTECMOSUPERBOWL

i greatfully accept this response ability

Just because you are able to respond doesn't mean you should, that is something you can accept greatfully meow...

I respectfully volunteer myself (and Ones, though he may not want to). We have always been interested in how the phile things work and running a league. I think we have also proved our dedication to leagues as I am in 8 (though likely to cut MIB and ATA or ETC if given the commish chance)

I respectfully volunteer myself (and Ones, though he may not want to). We have always been interested in how the phile things work and running a league. I think we have also proved our dedication to leagues as I am in 8 (though likely to cut MIB and ATA or ETC if given the commish chance)

Cool

Also, I will not completely disappear, but the time it takes to moderate the draft (and hassle, lol) and create the rom is what I will not have. I will still be able to pitch in here and there, especially in the transition out of "office".

Just needs to be someone fit for it. No changes. Keep it the same it has always been. HSTL is the only league I enjoy here anymore. Please don't ruin HSTL.

Agree. Even though HSTL is simplistic in that its all original ROM and you just re-draft those players every year, it's the only league like that around making it unique.

Bottom line is the new commish needs to have Kamphuna like qualities in that he is able to overlook certain things, and keep a cool head while enforcing things that need to be addressed.

Let me put it straight to you Randy I actually had Regulator high before you post. Like I stated offline the way you handled the whole timbone thing was totally wrong considering how big of a flake he is. That being said I'm sure he provoked you and your pride meant a lot. I understand all that jive I really do. I'll tell it like this I'm leaning towards you as the new commish for a couple reasons. #1 you have been around a long time and you paid your damn dues. #2 I think you're a lot like me and guys like us deserve a chance because of our heart. #3 I think you can continue making HSTL a great league and stronger than ever. You poured your heart out in our offline and you seem to understand how to handle things. If you're chosen as commish understand this is a public league. Meaning anyone is welcome to join league. Timbone,bradbear etc etc etc.

Regulator just because I'm now leaning on Randy does not mean I'm completely taking you out of the picture here. I really loved the idea of you running HSTL. The list goes on, but to me I think you would do an awesome job. You provide what I feel could be great leadership and a league like HSTL needs a guy like that and you have it. Is there that desire to still run HSTL on your end? Has your brother stressed any interest in partnering up with you?

If the two of you want to talk to me offline hit me up anytime. Right now the two of you are ahead of the pack. No one comes close. So it is safe to say one of these guys will be the next HSTL commish.

I vote for Gats. Out of eveybody he would be the best man for the job. Give him an invisible homie sock and watch him whack the heads of many o'unruly tecmoer! Including Mr.T the biggest undercover flake there ever was.

You hear that Twister? We didn't even "come close"... man, that right there is....... validation! Think about it, could we really have looked at ourselves in the mirror if the Establishment had chosen us? No, but now it is clear...... time to get off this rotting ship with the rats.

Brace for the g's, and fast heel-toe work... one quick move or we're GONE: Hunter S. Thompson League Extreme (HSTLX), coming soon to a website near you.

KICKOFF: January 1, 2013

Make joe montana the commish. Devise a program based on his PC to decide the day to day decisions of the page. It will be an era of Montana-ism. You better pray he doesnt throw an interception.

I would like to throw my name into the hat!

I think I would make a terrible commish as I have no idea what being a commish involves. I edited one of my ATA roms to reflect a trade im considering...and that took me a while, imagine doing a whole league rom!

But I just want to show that I read the forums even though Im not in the league (yet).....maybe help make my name stand out on the wait list if anyone gets too butt hurt from the "new commish naming" and quits :).

thanks,

Joe

The Newb Candidate!

Mr. TSB, is it up to you or will the league vote on the next commish?

Honestly I enjoy Randy's power rankings, draft analysis, etc. and we get along fine but I'm a little concerned that if he's commish 1) a bunch of guys might quit right off the bat or 2) he'll make some rash judgement based on a dramatic event and a bunch of guys will quit. A commish should be someone like Kamp who is as drama-free as possible. That being said, I myself was commish one season (only b/c the league nearly folded and no one else would step up) and I am not drama free... And I found that being commish kind of forces a sense of responsibility/maturity upon you while you are doing it. So maybe that would happen with Randy as well...

Anyway, I'm not sure who should be the new commish but I think the league members should have some say in it.

I agree with Mr. T that both Regulator and Randy deserve a shot. That being said, there might be a solution where I can remain "commish" but delegate the things that are causing me not to commit to it anymore due to time, meaning the draft, trade moderation, and creating the rom for the new season. I could foresee still having the "authority" but delegating these jobs to both Reg and Randy, because honestly, once that's done, the Phile is set up to almost run the league on autopilot. I could definitely do this for at least season 23 and then we could decide for Season 24 who will take over. Thoughts?

Mr. TSB, is it up to you or will the league vote on the next commish?

Honestly I enjoy Randy's power rankings, draft analysis, etc. and we get along fine but I'm a little concerned that if he's commish 1) a bunch of guys might quit right off the bat or 2) he'll make some rash judgement based on a dramatic event and a bunch of guys will quit. A commish should be someone like Kamp who is as drama-free as possible. That being said, I myself was commish one season (only b/c the league nearly folded and no one else would step up) and I am not drama free... And I found that being commish kind of forces a sense of responsibility/maturity upon you while you are doing it. So maybe that would happen with Randy as well...

Anyway, I'm not sure who should be the new commish but I think the league members should have some say in it.

Considering that HSTL was practically dead before Knobbe stepped up I feel Puretecmo has the responsibility to make sure the league survives. If the league wants to vote and that process works fine by me, but I think it's a good idea to have a couple candidates. That being said it sounds like Kamphuna wants to make another run at it. I like the idea of a 3 team commish. This way the other 2 learn in the process how to run a league. Meaning Kamp can show them the ropes how phile works etc and if Kamphuna decides to step down the following season we have 2 team commish team the following season. I see that working the best...

Fairfield would be a good commish if he refrains from from antagonizing people for pleasure. I can deal with him taking over as long as he leaves his half douche bag personality offline.

I did some self-reflecting and realized I am probably to mal-tempered and heated when it comes to conflict to run a league. Especially if it involved Fairfield.... I would boot his ass in a heart beat ;).

Seriously though a lot of his ideas would make HSTL more fun. Also, being his only league, I'm sure he would be very dedicated to running this thing.

Even though most wouldn't see this coming... I have to agree with Kyle on this one. Now, have Randy & I had our fair share of knock down, drag outs? Sure, any rivalry will when games get heated, and I think that's why we both like it so much. But I believe that between us both, we understand that in the end, it's just tecmo.

uNe7x13q2MU

I'll also say that I'm confident Randy would work his tail off to make it the best league he could, can't argue that. He doesn't do anything half ass (just ask Timbone about the latest Top 40 single!). So all in all, I think he could in fact put his tecmo ego aside and run a very good league.

I really do like the "Triforce" idea, with two new guys learning the ropes of running an efficient league like Kamph has done for quite a while. Just my opinion... :D

callmefairf will officially be your new HSTL commish beginning next season. Please give him a chance to prove he can run this league well and with an open mind. He has a huge heart for this game and has put in some major hours. The #1 reason he is getting this gig is because of the dedication to this league and to tecmo. Hes been around a long time and deserves a chance. Regulator totally was a great commish possibility and probably deserved it as much as callmefairf.

Please welcome your new Commish...