baseball stars pennant race

GRG

this hack has the 6 divion leaders and 2 wild card leaders.

included is a save state file for fce ultra with 6 more teams in the wild card hunt.

place the save state file in the 'fcs' folder inside the fce ultra folder.

hit F7 while playing the game to load the save state.

this will work with the latest version of fce ultra. if you need it, do a google search.

rosters and stats are accurate as of 9-4-05.

7.png9.png10.png

bstars05race.zip

• 3 months later...

killer hack GRG

Few things i want to do by this post. Questions for you GRG........is it possible to get some kind of stat extractor for stars? I figure its possible as long as we can find out where the locations in the saved state end up going. 2nd i figure u can only edit the 8 "standard teams" correct?

2nd thing id like to do with this post. We will see if it works. I plan on running a baseball stars league starting around Spring Training. Details arent set yet. We will use MLB team names/players and have a fantasy type draft. If ur even remotely interested in joining/or playing in the league go ahead and sign up here. Forums/web site will be based at Tecmoworld

http://tecmoworld.com/arena/viewtopic.php?t=1923

Yeah, the stats can easily be copied from the save state and pasted onto that excel sheet that I linked to.

The excel sheet instantly gives you all the stats.

You could use excel sheets to keep track of stats, or you could use the sheet as a basis for making an actual online database.

that totally rocks

all this is with fce ultra correct and not nesticle

You can use Nesticle state saves. All you have to do is copy the same bytes and paste them into the excel sheet.

The only difference between Nesticle and FCE ultra is that the stats are at a slightly different location on the state save. The bytes look exactly the same.

Just use FCE once to copy out the bytes that the excel sheet tells you. Then you could easily find that same string of bytes on a Nesticle state save and copy those instead.

The state saves are very small and its easy find the same bytes on both emulators once you try looking at both state saves in a hex editor.

By the way, if you haven't downloaded the excel sheet -- you copy the stats by opening up the state save in a hex editor and then pasting that string onto the excel sheet.

Currently there is no program that uses the state save and translates them into stats. It is a simple, manual copy and paste operation right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried my hand at hacking this rom, I can get the names and batting averages down, but homeruns I cant figure out, and where/how do you edit the attributes?...

I guess I will ask, does anyone have the time to edit this rom with only 2 teams? I just want the 1989 All-Star rosters, I already have the info as far as names, stats, batting on a notepad I could email to whoever...