TSB Minnesota Tournament

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice fro, you should try talking to houlie and jimmy and see if you guys could carpool up

any weekend is usually fine for me... will have to be friday or saturday afternoon - otherwise no go.

october 21-23 will be too late for me, midterms bleh

end sept is best... how about sept 23 or 24... or sept 30 / oct 1

Either weekend would work well for me. And yeah, I can bring up 2 consoles and a few controllers, only problem I just noticed was that I gave the piece that goes from the console to the television to a friend, so for both consoles to work I'd need another one of those. Oh, and I could bring a TV too.

And we definitely need some Stouffer's pizzas.

Don't know if I officially count as "knobbe.org people," but I'd be all about a TSB tourney in Minneapolis. I live in uptown right now, so anywhere in Minneapolis would be fine. Oh, and I can bring a TV and a NES with up to four controllers.

As for dates, I'd be able to make September 30th/October 1st, but not 23rd/24th.

ill go to the Muslim Student Association on Tuesday and ask if we can use their insanely huge TV... my name is as Arabic as it gets, so it should work - plus I technically run a student organization.

i think October first is the best date... although I will check for overall availability in surrounding weekends.

So what does it look like? Oct . 1?

Who can all make it Oct 1?

Lets sign up.

1. J-Diddy

ill start a separate sign up thread after we discuss open dates; for that i still need to go to coffman and see if i can reserve space... clubs have been busy the first few days of classes, so i haven't gotten a chance to schedule an appointment.

I'd be interested to check this out(watch)....since im an original TB player, id probably just be fodder for you guys. I did attend the 05' national RBI baseball tourney for nes in columbus ohio, which was a lot of fun, and a good way for me to donate 100 bucks.

whats the game rules...do you guys set up brackets and play best of 3 or best of 5? i havent read thru the whole thread, just skimmed, but hows it all play out?

Ok, reread thru this thread....at the RBI tounrye we got 3 hotel rooms, and we played the games there...1-tv/console per room. since we all pretty much already knew each other fairly well from the forums the whole hotel rooms thing wasnt weird or anything. 16 man double elimination setting. since we had a lot of games to decide things(best of 3until we were widdled down to the final 6 players or so, then best of 5)

however a convention type room sounds like a great idea as you could just have everyone play there. this sounds like it could go. i may be in if you guys need an extra guy to fill out a bracket or something since i live about 3 1/2 hour from minneapolis here in iowa.