Sign in to follow this  
toolie

Week 5: NE @ PIT

Pats travel to Pittsburgh for a defensive battle. These teams are polar opposites, with the Steelers resembling their actual Tecmo counterparts pretty well. The Pats have offense to spare and a below average D, to put it kindly.

Accidental onside to open the game gives the Pats great field position. FG attempt from the 30 is blocked, but recovered by Tom Rathman, who scampers for the first down. 2nd FG attempt is good and it's 3-0. Steelers couldn't get much going on O, mainly due to Tolliver missing Ingram on every attempted cross-field burn route.

Fast forward to the 4th and the Steelers are able to grind out a TD with Reich running to the pylon with about 2:00 to play. Steelers board the boat to victory island... but it's never clear sailing through the straits of New England. Rathman can't break loose on the return, so it's up to a good Tim Worley to carry it 80 yards, which he does for the score, winning two man-grapples along the way...............................OK you got me, I went to Jerry. The RiceBerg finally connects on a full length JJ. Final bomb by Pittsburgh is JJ whiffed by Beebe and Mark Robinson picks it off. Whew.

PATRIOTS 10

STEELERS 7

GG sobhi, it was fun but exhausting trying to hold onto that 3-0 lead. gltrw man

Steelers board the boat to victory island... but it's never clear sailing through the straits of New England. Rathman can't break loose on the return, so it's up to a good Tim Worley to carry it 80 yards, which he does for the score, winning two man-grapples along the way...............................OK you got me, I went to Jerry. The RiceBerg finally connects on a full length JJ.

great write up, love the riceberg stuff.