John Carney K Saints

Jeff Feagles P Giants

Ricky Proehl WR Panthers

Deion Sanders CB Ravens

Junior Seau OLB Dolphins

Vinny Testaverde QB Jets

Tom Tupa P Redskins

Please report any changes below.

I just want to know who thinks the last 'real' football player from Tecmo will be (not punters or kickers)? Proehl signed a one-year contract for near-minimum for the Panthers, and contributes a little bit, but maybe not enough for the Panthers to sign him again. It seems evident that this is Testaverde's last year.

Seau said he would play again after this year when he was placed on IR, though it's up to the 32 teams that would sign him, and not Seau himself. I believe that at least one team will show interest. Deion is pretty unpredictable, and I know nothing about Ray Brown. I would bet that Deion and Junior will be back next year, and I think they will both retire at the end of the year. I think Deion is more likely to retire at the end of this year than Junior, so I'm going to predict that Junior Seau will be the last non-kicking football player from TSB in the NFL.

EDIT:

Deion Sanders announced his retirement.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this right?

Bryan Barker P Rams

John Carney K Saints

Jeff Feagles P Giants

Ricky Proehl WR Panthers

Junior Seau OLB Dolphins

Tom Tupa P Redskins

Sean Landeta P Eagles

I don't think Vinny is coming back.

Trusting previous posts, Deion is out.

Not sure about Seau and Proehl. These two are the last non-kickers.

Did anyone else resign, or is this it?

I don't know about the kickers/punters, but those other two are right. Seau said he wants to come back another year, and I have heard nothing from Proehl. But considering a modest season, I can see at least one team showing some interest. Maybe someone like Minnesota.

But you never know with Vinny. He could come back, somewhere...

He would be an improvement in San Fran.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There are currently just two players left, which is the same number of living Titanic survivors: Feagles and Carney.

It is worth noting that Barker will most likely be called upon at some point this season by some team, and that Ricky Proehl wants to play another year, but it won't be with Carolina. The Giants are a possibility. Seau is done, as is Tupa. The Browns WILL be bringing in Testaverde to serve as the backup.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an extensive discussion with Junior last week over the telephone, urging him to look for offers to keep the Tecmo representation alive. I will give Ricky Proehl and Vinny Testaverde a call this week.

If they end up signing with the Patriots, I'm convinced you are Rodney Harrison.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...