Modifications?

Stadawim

All of us here know and respect our beloved game. But if there was one or two things you could change, what would it be?

For myself, liking touches of game realism, i think they could add penalties. You know, something for pass interference or personal foul. And a little bit more player control. I'd like to have control of spins & jumps, etc.

Odd thing is Tecmo Super Bowl was originally going to have penalties. Anyone who has edited the game with a hex program has seen the text that is for a penalty flag and various penalties. I guess that was taken out of the game right before the release. I am also pretty sure originally the game would let you catch a ball off a deflection, but that also ended up being left out. Makes you wonder how those changes could have affected the game......

• 4 years later...
Actually I once caught a ball off deflection

Yrs ago and it freaked me out and it never happen again

I had the ball deflection screen come up a few days ago, and after the reciever missed Wayne Haddix grabbed the ball out of midair and started running with it. Before I could try to tackle him the game faded to the playcall screen and it was still my ball.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

After about 5 years of playing TSB & seeing what has been done to various roms I would like to see the following mods

Corrected rosters for the 3 years (fill in missing names & move any players that got left on the wrong team)

Change the rosters to reflect other 3 year peroids of the NFL pre 95 so no teams have to be left off

Give the teams a little more of an identity. Pass heavy or run heavy, good run D or good pass D etc

Have the D move around a little, have the better cover corners play closer to the line. Have a blitzing player walk to the line pre snap etc. (all of the these things have been done on various NES roms) remove the jail break picked play option