Editing Guidebook w/ ROM Patches and Tools

bruddog

This is very outdated now.

It should be updated with all the tools:

ie. tsbtoolsupreme, playediting program, jstouts play editing commands and programs that dump out the code, new hacking locations etc.

Plus there should be guides/Faqs on how to use them all. Don't know when I'd get around to it. Xplosv wrote a pretty good guide on how to edit offenses and defenses.

Totally, totally; it could be a lot of things. But it isn't yet, and none of us are really going to expel the effort of making it what it should/could be. Not yet, anyway. I don't want to speak for Xplozv, but he's definitely doing some other projects right now ( :lol: ). That being said, would you mind then, sir, if I accumulate topics like the ones you list above in a new post, acquire from this thread whatever knowledge worth saving, and create a new version of this post? I wanted to ask you first, though, because I'm sure this thread has been helpful for a very long time, and you did start it up and all. ;-)

:thumbsup:

• 2 years later...

Sorry, let me rephrase my response / questions...

1. Something tells me that if we're going to keep this thread as it is, an inventory should be made of the contents, and kept up-to-date.
2. Something also tell me that, as per Bruddog's reply to this two-some-odd years ago now, this attached .zip file is VERY out-of-date and lacks much.

My questions are:

A. Do we strip this .zip file of it's contents and find new ways of posting them?
B. Do we add to the .zip file contents?...

C. Or do we use the pinned ROM EDITING forum threads to link to the items found within?
D. Do we just unpin the thread, and link to it as a whole in the available pinned resources thread?

Because something has to be done with this dinosaur. ;)

Uh You can probably dump everything in here except maybe the tecmo playbook hackers guidebook as its a good read for beginners. It might be posted or linked to elsewhere. If it is just remover the whole post. Just about everything else is organized better in the directory of hacking docs

The IPS patches should be re-done or a new tool created.

Oh... maybe keep the game genie codes as they can be used to figure out how to edit some things like how much a FG is worth. I don't think anyone has ever bothered and why would they really but since the info isn't anywhere else it's useful to keep. 

Uh You can probably dump everything in here except maybe the tecmo playbook hackers guidebook as its a good read for beginners. It might be posted or linked to elsewhere. If it is just remover the whole post. Just about everything else is organized better in the directory of hacking docs

Oh... maybe keep the game genie codes as they can be used to figure out how to edit some things like how much a FG is worth. I don't think anyone has ever bothered and why would they really but since the info isn't anywhere else it's useful to keep. 

The playbook hackers guidebook, by bruddog, should be read by every tecmo super bowl player, not just hacker.  the way he breaks down the way plays are "called" based on what the defense picks is very important info. 

you cannot let this document fall to the wayside.

Tecmo Playbook Hackers Guidebook & Game Genie Codes--check. I'll create new threads containing each individually and link to them in the lead resource thread in this forum. Of course, I'll reference that they're yours.

The playbook hackers guidebook, by bruddog, should be read by every tecmo super bowl player, not just hacker.  the way he breaks down the way plays are "called" based on what the defense picks is very important info.

Then I definitely think his guidebook should have its own thread highlighting it. I think when someone .zips up too many files, no matter how awesome they all are, people lose sight of the more important content. Good stuff.