Editing Guidebook w/ ROM Patches and Tools

bruddog

08/28/2005: ****INT HACK PATCH AND INT HACK MANUAL DESCRIPTION WAS WRONG. Corrected and reuploaded. ADDED IPS PATCH TOOL********* Downloaded 94 times before correction.

In this zip file you will find the following

1. Version 2.0 of my playbook hacking quidebook. I cleaned it up a little bit and added some info about the new managers.

2. A new guidebook that organizes most of the new hacks that have been found.

3. IPS patches for all of the above hacks.

4. A collection of tool including a bare bones hex editor, TSBM ver0.71, TSBM1.3, TSBSim editor, and the playswapping program.

Lots of good stuff that is fairly well organized. A lot of the graphical hacking stuff for helmets, unis, etc is missing if someone wants to do a document on that.

ENJOY.

P.S Rod could you put this on the main page.

nestsb_hacking_info_and_patches.zip

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One question, how did you turn down the fumbles down 30%? Just for the heck of it I would like to turn them up a little bit but not to much like fumbling everytime you get the ball. I love the INT fumble return hack thats my favorite, makes the game more interesting. Nice job on the patches though.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Are there hacks/patches for these three?

1. two point conversions (I've searched and found a lot of discussion but nothing concrete.)

2. adjustable game time in the options menu

3. playbook changing during the game

I am making an NCAA game with the 28 team rom, the 32 is too much work, and want these in my game.

I guess I should just find a rom someone already made with these three things and start working on that one.

Is there a way to see what hacks a rom has? Please answer so a rookie will understand not a veteran hacker.

EDIT: I found this page of hacks but it doesn't answer all of my questions.

http://www.tecmobowl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8342&p=66835&hilit=change+background#p66835

• 7 months later...

This is very outdated now.

It should be updated with all the tools:

ie. tsbtoolsupreme, playediting program, jstouts play editing commands and programs that dump out the code, new hacking locations etc.

Plus there should be guides/Faqs on how to use them all. Don't know when I'd get around to it. Xplosv wrote a pretty good guide on how to edit offenses and defenses.