The 2012 Pacific Northwest Tecmo Championship LIVE RESULTS

manYo

Big ups to manyo for setting this up. Randy beats gonicki in the final 14 9 as mcmillan jj picked roseybach late in the 4th. Congrats to fairf going undefeated and to all that played. Looks like well get at least 2 new onli8ne players in jeff ande stu

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was great to meet you guys and play some tecmo!

I'm going to remember my big wins over Craig, Kyle, and Stu while trying really hard to forget that heartbreaker loss to Derek and my weak display with the man Jose Manya.

- I'm coming after Randy in some online tecmo soon! I just need to get AOL to unfreeze my damn account.

- Jeff

Tourney was a big success overall in my book. Hopefully we can figure out live streaming and get even more talent to come out of the woodwork. Just realized that I had 2 scores that were identical to last years, beating Stu 21-17 (Chi over Wash last year, Sea over NE this year) and losing to Manyo 17-14 (dall loss to the saints last year, Cards loss to Dallas this go round). These were the two guys that booted me out today, eventual 3rd and 4th place finishers. Me and VaderStar "tied" for 7th, and my biggest disappointment was not getting to play the likes of Gonick, Randy or Invader, or Manyo's homey Jake for that matter.

I thought the tourney was awesome. It was great meeting Invader, Kamp, Manyo and Fairfield, and I also had tough games with Stu and Jeff in the knockout rounds. Hopefully they both make an appearance online here pretty soon. We were trying to set Jeff up, but for some reason had problems getting his AIM account up and running. I'm pretty sure it's because AOL is retarded.

Going into the tournament, I was particularly interested in meeting Fairfield. I thought he'd be off-the-wall bonkers, but it turns out he's a cool dude. Even though Fairfield won, I just talked to Gats, and he informed me that he is better than Fairfield and is thus the true winner of the tourney. He was honestly pretty convincing.

Thanks again to Manyo for hosting this thing, and hopefully I can make it up for the next one as well. I'll be interested to see if Gats can defend his title.

Great tourney guys, thanks to those who helped me out especially vader and jake's girl, zena. And congrats again to Randy, he pwned the PNW for sure. Gats, vader might have a vid for you of the championship, and yes I know it's easy to live stream, I just wasn't too motivated about it this year. Next year for sure though.

Hope everyone can make it next year, and more. It'll happen at a different spot though..... not sure yet, but I've got an idea about a campground down the road from The Brick with a banquet hall sort of place to play in, and you can tent- or RV-camp if that works best for you. Get a keg, and BBQ, and that would be good times. Gotta hope the weather would be good enough. The date for PNWTC 2 is firm though: June 29, 2013. SYT

I had an awesome time at the PNWTC this year :D manyo, gonick, kamph and randy it was great to meet you guys. As Randy said, it was really neat to put faces to the names of some great Tecmo players and people. I have to say the whole thing went by too fast, haha. I'm already gearing up for the next year's reunion 8) I was kind of disappointed that I didn't get to play any of you guys in bracket play though. Jeff and Stu definitely have some great game despite not playing online, I was surprised. Perhaps too surprised, heh. I'm looking for revenge Jeff! :x If they can get online and make an appearance they would be great additions for sure. manyo was MVP, making the championship well organized and an awesome time, great stuff man. Hopefully we can figure out an alternative to the tap-off portion next year. I also have a couple ideas for proper streaming of the tourney next time around. Just a webcam won't cut it. If all else fails, we can always hookup a VCR to each console and tape each game :lol: gonick, you better make it again!

The goods

DSC04138.jpg

manyo's awesome medals

DSC04139.jpg

DSC04146.jpg

The PNWTC

DSC04132.jpg

Randy defeats Derek in the finals, gg!

DSC04151.jpg

And the onside kick that never was.. :wink:

I will try and throw my video recording of the final up on youtube, it looks real good lol

I was kind of disappointed that I didn't get to play any of you guys in bracket play though.

My own private agony, my kicking game. I could NOT adjust to being offline and every kickoff had at least a quarter of the bar left if not more, and even worse, when I needed to onside... lets just say those were the best kickoffs I had all day... and the worst. Solution for next year, more offline practice pretourney.

I was kind of disappointed that I didn't get to play any of you guys in bracket play though.

My own private agony, my kicking game. I could NOT adjust to being offline and every kickoff had at least a quarter of the bar left if not more, and even worse, when I needed to onside... lets just say those were the best kickoffs I had all day... and the worst. Solution for next year, more offline practice pretourney.

Same here, I never did quite adjust to the button presses being as ON POINT as they were..... although I improved over the day, and I was making my field goals in bracket play. Less forgiving, however, was re-adjusting back to online play..... I missed a crucial kick in the HSTL playoffs yesterday by not accounting for the lag like I should have, my first online field goal try since the tourney.

Invader: next year your talents will be utilized as the head of the IT department, so that we can scheme on streaming this thing to the masses.

Same here, I never did quite adjust to the button presses being as ON POINT as they were..... although I improved over the day, and I was making my field goals in bracket play. Less forgiving, however, was re-adjusting back to online play..... I missed a crucial kick in the HSTL playoffs yesterday by not accounting for the lag like I should have, my first online field goal try since the tourney.

Invader: next year your talents will be utilized as the head of the IT department, so that we can scheme on streaming this thing to the masses.

go from nesticle to console if you want a true lag expereince

I remember going to midwest tourney years ago, my kickoffs would go to about the 35yard line at best, i couldnt get them in the endzone or anywhere near it

I see someone was playing Tetris. Didn't play too much of that, though I used to love Dr. Mario.

The lag is tough to deal with, and I recommend a few days away from online before a live tournament. I lost a game in Cleveland to mort because I couldn't make a FG at the end of regulation. It was only the finals, though, so it wasn't that big of a deal. :x

I see someone was playing Tetris. Didn't play too much of that, though I used to love Dr. Mario.

The lag is tough to deal with, and I recommend a few days away from online before a live tournament. I lost a game in Cleveland to mort because I couldn't make a FG at the end of regulation. It was only the finals, though, so it wasn't that big of a deal. :x

Yeah Randy brought his 8-bit game collection..... vader also had his gameboy tecmo bowl out..... we were all 12 years old again, except drinking beer and liquor....... we started to use the arm-wrestling comp on Randy's Olympics game for the tap-off contest, but I could see it was going to take too long, and I had taken too long getting set-up, so we scrapped it. Besides, it was more of an endurance contest than anything.

I watched a juice-off on the Madison live stream, and it looked like the way they did it was one person ran the pro form RUN1 sweep (or RUN2?) and then the other person sliced through the line with the LB3 to meet him, and that gave them enough time in the backfield to see who out-taps the other. If anyone has any other ideas besides that, let me know so I can organize it better for next year.

Also: MRTECMOSUPERBOWL said he wants to try and get to the tournament next year, although I won't reveal the provocative details of the t-shirt he plans to wear. Brudog, how about you?