Playing a season with every single team!

49er4life

I've decided to go ahead and play a season with every team in TSB. I am going to try and keep track of my win-loss records and superbowls. I randomly picked the first team to use and I got the Bears. The following are my results after two games:

Week 1

Bears - 44

Vikings - 7

Offense - Neal Anderson was almost unstoppable, he rushed for 195 yards on 15 carries. Jim Harbaugh completed 75% of his passes for 232 yards and Ron Morris caught 2 passes for 89 yards.

Defense - The Vikings had 86 total yards, I was burned on that bullshit fleaflicker by Anthony Carter for an 84 yard touchdown. Rick Fenney led his team in rushing with 2 yards on 1 carry and Wade Wilson completed 12% of his passes for 84 yards and 3 int's. Other than that they were held to nothing all game. Mark Carrier had two Int's, and Woolford had 1.

Week 2

Bears - 62

Bucs. - 0

Offense - Anderson had 170 on only 9 attempts (man this dude kicks ass).

Jim Harbaugh had another "decent " game. He completed 72% for 212 yards. Ron Morris continues to be my "deep threat", he caught 3 passes for 120 yards. I scored 62 points and only got 6 first downs.

Defense - Yes!!... I injured Vinnny Testicle, but not before intercepting one of his rainbow passes and holding him to 0 passing yards. Some guy named Jeff Carlson came in but I wasn't worried. You must suck if you are a back up for the Bucs. in TSB :P. He came in and completed 33% of his passes for 31 yards with 2 picks. Their running game was also shit, as they rushed 8 times for 0 yards. Carrier had 2 int's again, Lemuel Stinson had one also.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Week 3

Bears - 35

Giants - 14

Offense - This game got a little complicated at times, but the Giants could only contain my offense for so long. Anderson rushed for "only" 111 yards on 10 carries. Harbaugh had his breakthrough game, he completed 66% of his passes and threw for 332 yards and no picks. Ron Morris continues to impress me, he had 5 receptions for 243 yards. Johnny Bailey got injured returnig a punt.

Defense - My defense gave up 88 yards on the ground and 139 on the air.

Ottis Anderson was held to 42 yards on 7 carries, Simms passed for 139 yards with 2 picks and completed 46% of his passes. Meggett had 2 receptions for 42 yards. Carrier and Woolford each had an interception.

Week 4

Bears - 44

Jets - 14

Offense - The Jets gave me a hard time at the beginning (game was tied 14-14 at half time) but they ran out of gas. Bad news though, Anderson was kicking ass again before he left the game with an injury in the first quarter. Mark Green did an okay job filling in, he rushed for 85 yards on 13 attempts. Not spectacular, but at least he was able to keep the running game going. Harbaugh passed for 271 yards and completed 85% with one interception. Ron Morris got his third straight 100 yard game, 127 receiving yards on 3 receptions.

Defense - For the second week in a row, another New York team put up some decent yardage (for computer standards) against my defense. They gained 66 yards on 15 rushing attempts and passed for 148 yards. Freeman McNeil led with 51 yards on 8 attempts, Ken O'Brien completed 58% with no picks and Al Toon had 85 yards on 3 catches.

Week 5

Bears - 35

Bills - 10

Offense - This was a real crazy game. First of all Anderson is in the shelf injured. Mark Green didn't really impress me last game so I start Johnny Bailey, this guy kicks ass!!! He had a 96 yard run for a touchdown against the crack smoking Bills defense!! :) , I dont even think Anderson could have done that, but then the Bailey gets hurt on our next possesion after a long gain :P . He was carried off from the field after gaining 150 yards on 3 carries, thats pretty impressive even if you take that 96 yarder out, he still averaged 27 yards per carry on his other two attempts. This smells like a good ol' runningback contreversy :) . The Bills defense spent all game covering all my receivers. They did a good job stopping my passing game, I guess they thought that just cause Anderson was out, they could just concentrate on stopping Harbaugh. Even after Bailey left the game, Green and Muster (Muster runs over all those DB's) got me some good runs. As a team the Bears rushed 12 times for 223 yards. Harbaugh was held to 148 yards completing 70%, and one interception. Ron Morris was well covered all game, he is finally starting to get some respect, sometimes he was even double covered. Morris only had one catch for 43 yards.

Defense - My defense did a hell of a job stopping the Bills high powered offense. I held them to 1 yard rushing, 69 on the air and 2 first downs. Their only touchdown was on a fumble return that Bailey dropped before he was injured. Thurman Thomas did not gain a single yard rushing, QB Bills, had 69 passing yards completing 66%, no int's, and Reed had a couple of catches for 18 yards.

Week 6

Bears - 42

Redskins - 3

Offense - Anderson and Bailey need to come back quick. Even though the final score doesnt reflect it, things are starting to look ugly without a running game. The team rushed for 100 yards on 17 carries, and Harbaugh completed 63% of his passes for 272 hard earned yards and 1 interception. Brad Muster led the team in rushing with 49 yards on 9 attempts and Cap Boso (who is replacing the benched since week 2 Thornton) led the team in receptions with 7 for 92 yards. I also found out that Mark Green is worthless as a receiver. My receivers are not doing a very good job at getting open, and I have to depend on my short passes.

Defense - Earnest Byner had one big run for like 45 yards or something like that. He finished with 4 carries for 55 yards and Rypien threw for 60 yards completing 42% of his passes with one pick. Don Warren had two catches for 44 yards. Stinson had one interception.

Week 7

Bears - 51

Packers - 20

Offense - Neal Anderson came back after missing almost three games, he had 80 yards on 8 carries and 3 receptions out of the backfield for 112 yards through almost 3 quarters and then ......he reinjured himself. Man I was pissed off, what is the deal? What once looked like a record breaking season for Anderson, is starting to look ugly, since the Bears really need him to be healthy. Anyways, Muster came in and did a real good job both rushing and receiving. As a team the Bears rushed 14 times for 133 yards. Harbaugh had a season high 347 yards, completing 80% of his passes and no picks.

Defense - My defense did not look good and is starting to show some weakness. Sterling Sharpe humiliated my secondary by catching 3 balls for 167 yards. Those were the only three completions by Don Majkowski, Kieth Woodside also made my defense look vulnerable with 61 yards on only 3 carries :P .

Week 8

Bears - 44

Saints - 7

Offense - Johnny Bailey is back!!! After missing 2 & 1/2 games he came back looking tougher as he took a beating against the stingy Saints defense. He rushed for a team season high 21 times and got 195 hard earned yards. If Anderson continues on being a pussy, I think the windy city will have a new starting runningback. Ron Morris contributed with 3 catches for 70 yards, and Harbaugh competed 61% of his passes for 190 yards and one pick, I am playing a real conservative passing game because it seems that Harbaugh gets intercepted easily.

Defense - My defense did a good job bouncing back from last games's performance. I limited the "Aint's" offense to 5 yards rushing and 64 passing with only 2 first downs. Steve Walsh had one carry for the teams only 5 yards, and completed 57% of his passes for 64 yards with one pick. Eric Martin had one reception for 30 yards. Stinson had another inerception. Man I just noticed that William "The Refrigerator" Perry is kicking ass, sometimes on the play action passes he plows through the center and is getting a bunch of sacks, I haven't checked, but I bet he is leading the league in sacks, and I am not even using the NT dive that much either.

Here are my stats at midseason:

NFC Central Standings

Team W - L- T - Pts. - Opp.

Chi. - 8 - 0 - 0 - 357 - 75

G.B. - 4 - 4 - 0 - 167 - 213

Min. - 4 - 5 - 0 - 170 - 202

T.B. - 2 - 6 - 0 - 159 - 243

Det. - 1 - 7 - 0 - 168 - 205

Chicago Bears Team Stats

Points per game.........44.6

Opponent pts./game.....9.4

Offense

Total yards/game......413.1

Passing yards/game..250.5

Rushing yard/game...162.6

Defense

Total yds. allowed/game......135.1

Passing yds. allowed/game....95.3

Rushing yds. allowed/game....39.9

Team Leaders

Jim Harbaugh

Att. - 115

Comp. - 82

TD - 25

Int. - 5

Yds. - 2004

Avg. - 17.4

Comp.% - 71.3

Rating - 188.4

Neal Anderson (In about 4 complete games)

Att. - 46

Yds. - 617

Avg. - 13.4

TD - 10

Ron Mooris

Rec. - 19

Yds. - 810

Avg. - 42.6

TD - 7

Week 9

Bears - 35

Lions - 0

Offense - Neal Anderson finally returned, I hope he can survive one full game this time. My running game is surviving the usual mid to late season crack overdoses by the opposing defenders. Anderson carried 17 times for 180 yards, and Bailey had some carries but could never brake it into the secondary. As a team we rushed for 258 yards on 27 carries. It is also getting harder to pass consistenly, Harbaugh doesnt have what it takes, he needs a Sharpe or Rice type receiver to make up his low attributes. He completed 77% of his passes (most of them to RB's or the TE) for 157 yards and one pick. Muster led the team in receiving with 3 catches for 57 yards.

Defense - Man, the lions offensive coordinator is an idiot!!!!! You all are not going to believe this, but Barry Sanders did not get one single rushing attempt until like halfway through the 3rd quarter. I cant believe that they like their chances better with Rodney Peete and those four loser receivers than with Mr Sanders. Anyways that made it easier for me, Sanders finished with only 5 carries for 9 yards, and Peete passed for 62 yards and one interception, completing 33% of his passes, all of them to Richard Jonson who eneded up with 3 catches. Man what a game plan :P . Carrier added one int, he know has 6 for the season.

Week 10

Bears - 31

Vikings - 20

Offense - I know I'm going to sound dramatic, but this game was a nail biter down to the end. Neal Anderson got 184 yards on 19 carries, but man they were were hard to get. My offense was playing lousy till about halfway through the 3rd quarter. The Vikings were winning 13-10 going into the 4th, but thats when we started playing smart football. I mixed it up pretty good with Anderson sometimes getting little or no yards on some carries, and took what the defense gave me. Man, this was a fun game. Harbaugh passed for 209 yards completing 75% and playing it smart with no picks. Morris finally had another 100 yard game, he caught 3 balls for 137 yards. That was his first game he went over 100 since game 4.

Defense - Man, I know that the Vikings playbook is shit, but all it takes is one bad move and you are fucked. They scored two touchdowns and two LONG field goals. Both of their touchdowns came in long plays, The first one was the opening score of the game when I missed Herschel Walker at the line of scrimmage and the next thing I knew, the bastard was racing 65+ yards to the endzone. The next one hurt even worse cause it was in the fourth quarter after my offense had just put together a nice drive to go up 17-13, they had the ball like at my 20 or something like that, anyways they picked that fleaflicker play and I blitzed with Stinson but he missed Jones right before he flicks it back to Wade Wilson, Wilson overthtrew Anthony Carter, and my DB was right there, but then of course Carter jumps, catches, lands, my DB dives, misses and its Carter dancing into the endzone :P . Anyways my defense played good, they gave me good field position. Walker had 7 carries for 78 yards, Wilson completed 37% of his shit for 135 yards and no picks, and of course my nemesis (remember week 1) Carter had 2 catches for 99 yards.

Thanks sois

Week 11

Bears - 44

Colts - 14

* - The Bears clinched a playoff berth after this win.

Offense - The Colts defensive game plan was to stop Anderson and dare me to beat them with my conservative passing game. At the beginning, they were stuffing Anderson for no gains and sometimes even losses, all of the sudden I called for a play action pass, and threw a perfect bomb to a wide open, streaking Morris for a 50 yard touchdown to open the score. I think they were shocked because after that, they started calling a more balanced defense, and thats when all hell broke loose for Anderson. He had a 75+ touchdown run and it was all over after that. Anderson finished the day with 11 carries for 188 yards. He now has 93 attempts, 1169 yards, a 12.5 yards per carry average and 19 touchdowns for the season. Thats not bad, considering he has missed about 8 quarters of playing time due to injuries. Harbaugh completed 66% of his passes for 214 yards and one late game pick (trying to rack up stats). Morris caught two balls for 80 yards, I didn't check, but I think he is real close to 1000 rec. yards.

Defense - Overall my defense played well, but we did give up about a 20+ yard touchdown run to Bentley, who finished with 9 carries for 36 yards. Also, Ivy Joe Hunter burned my defense out of the backfield for a couple of long catches, including a 65+ yard reception. It was one of those times where Carrier(me) and another of my defensivebacks, dive at the receiver on a long pass, and you miss, I did catch up to him at about the 5 yard line just to watch Jeff George throw a 5 yard touchdown pass to to that little bitch Bill Brooks. It didn't matter though before they scored that TD, the score was already 44-7.

Week 12

Bears - 23

Dolphins - 21

Offense - Man..........I will never forget this game, I think this has to be the closest game I have ever played in TSB. Before I ran the first play of the game, I checked Anderson's status and he was in "excellent" condition. I dont know what I was thinking when I picked a play action pass on my first play of the game, Harbaugh fakes the hand-off then throws to an open Morris, but the Dolphin defensive backs got there and intercepted the ball at midfield. A few plays later they scored a touchdown.

Anderson played well and had some good runs. This was a close game, we exchanged a couple of touchdowns and my defense got a safety, I was winning 16-14 at halftime. I got the ball back late in the third quarter deep in my own side of the field after they had scored to go up 21-16. I put together a nice drive that took me all the way to their 14 yard line. I tried three straight Anderson runs and only got 6 yards, it was 4th down and 4 at their 8 yard line. I picked a pass play, I immediately saw that all my receivers were covered so I took off with Harbaugh, he crossed the line of scrimmage to th 7,6,5,4,3,2,1................Harbaugh takes a vicious hit and fumbles, Miami recovers in their own endzone for a touchback 8O . At that moment, I really thought that I was going to get my first loss of the season since Marino had been completing passes left and right all game. Luckily, my defense made a stop and I got the ball back at my own 21, with like 2:50 left in the game. On first down I handed off to Anderson for a 30 yard gain, this put me at their 49 yard line, after some short runs and passes, and a fourth down conversion, we found ourselves at the Miami 30, I called that pass play were both RB's go out on the flat, both WR's go long down the sideline and the TE runs the short crossing middle route, and there he was, Wendell Davis wide open, Harbaugh threw, and just to make things more interesting, one of the Dolphins defensive back starts hauling ass towards Davis, dives and falls just short as Davis catches the ball in the end zone. Man, this game was fucking awesome, Neal Anderson finished with a team season high 22 carries for 172 bruising yards. Harbaugh completed 54% of his passes for a season low 122 yards and one pick. Davis had 2 catches for 68 yards, and the game wining TD.

Defense - I can honestly say that I won this game because of their play calling, I mean they ran the ball 14 times for 37 yards, only the Giants and the Jets in week 3 and 4 have rushed more times against me all season (both 15 carries). The way Marino and his receivers were playing, I dont see why they didn't air out more times. Well I'm not going to complain. My defense had trouble stopping their passing game, but they did come through in the fourth quarter when they made that defensive stop after Harbaugh fumbled at the one. Tony Paige had 7 carries for 28 yards, Marino completed 64% for 170 yards and no picks, and Mark Clayton had 3 catches for 83 yards.

Week 9

Man, the lions offensive coordinator is an idiot!!!!! You all are not going to believe this, but Barry Sanders did not get one single rushing attempt until like halfway through the 3rd quarter. I cant believe that they like their chances better with Rodney Peete and those four loser receivers than with Mr Sanders. Anyways that made it easier for me, Sanders finished with only 5 carries for 9 yards, and Peete passed for 62 yards and one interception, completing 33% of his passes, all of them to Richard Jonson who eneded up with 3 catches. Man what a game plan 8O . Carrier added one int, he know has 6 for the season.

Is it just me or does Peete seem extra fast sometimes? Perhaps I am trying to protect against Barry too much, but I hate it when Peete runs with the ball...

Week 13

Bears - 35

Lions - 0

Offense - The Lion's defense never had a chance of sttoping Anderson. He had a 70 yard run and finished with 187 yards on 12 carries. Harbaugh completed 71% of his passes for 175 yards and one pick. Anderson was also my leading receiver with 4 catches for 73 yards. In two games against the Lions this season, we have outscored them 70-0.

Defense - Barry Sanders was injured. James Wilder was replacing him but did not get a single yard on 7 attempts. Rodney Peete had 7 yards on 7 carries and completed 25% of his passes for 38 yards and one pick. Aubrey Matthews had one reception for 27 yards. Carrrier intercepted Peete in the endzone. This was the Bears third shut out, and second against the Lions this season.

Week 14

Bears - 37

Packers - 7

Offense - Neal Anderson rushed 9 times for 111 yards, Harbaugh had a good game, he completed 75% of his passes for 240 yards and no picks. Anderson also had 4 receptions for 122 yards. He is without a doubt the MVP of this team.

Defense - This is the closest a RB has come to reaching 100 yards against my defense. Keith Woodside had like a 80+ yard touchdown run. He finished with 3 carries for 90 yards. In two games against this freak, he has 6 carries for 151 yards. 8O . Oh well, at least my defense did a better job of containing Sterling Sharpe this time. He only had one catch for like 30 yards or something like that. Majkowski completed only 42% of his crap for 119 yards and no int's. Perry Kemp had 3 catches for 51 yards.

Week 15

Bears - 25 OT

Bucs - 23

Offense - My offense really sucked in this game, I had 4 turnovers. Haddix intercepted Harbaugh early in the 3rd quarter to give his team the ball at midfield, Steve Christie then missed a 45 yard field goal. I got the ball back just for Neal Anderson to fumble, the Bucs recovered, and ran it back for a touchdown. I was ahead 16-13 after threee quarters. I got the ball back and was putting a nice drive together before Harbaugh threw his second interception of the game. This one hurt even more because It was in the red zone. After they scored to go up 20-16, I got the ball back and Anderson had a big run and was chased down to the 15 yard line where he fumbled AGAIN!!!!!!!! 8O . Man this guy fumbles a lot. The good thing was that I got the ball back right away at their 13 yard line, after a Gary Anderson fumble. Neal Anderson then ran untouched to the end zone for the 13 yard score to go up 23-20. My defense won this game for me in overtime. Neal Anderson rushed 9 times for 124 yards and 2 fumbles, Harbaugh had his worst game of the season completing just 41% for a new season low 108 yards and 2 picks. Anderson also had 2 catches for 47 yards.

Defense - My defense came through for me in this game, we made the stops when we needed to. Even though we let Testaverde drive his team late in the game for the game tying field goal, the defense played good overall. The Bucs won the coin toss in OT. After a full "power bar" kickoff, they got the ball and started their drive at the 9 yard line. On first down, Reggie Cobb lost 2 yards, on second down, Testaverde held on to the ball too long and was sacked in the end zone for a safety. Final score 25-23 in OT. I think this is the first time I have ever won in Ot with a safety. Anyways, Testaverde passed for 192 yards and completed 72% of his passes with no picks. He also had about a 20 yard run that put his team in field goal position that tied the game. He finished with 24 yards on 4 carries. Mark Carrier had 3 receptions for 113 yards.

Week 16

Bears - 28

49ers - 7

Offense - My offense played well against a tough 49ers defense. I put together some good drives, and scored a TD in every quarter. Neal Anderson had a nice 55 yard TD run, Bailey had a 15 yard TD reception, and Wendell Davis added 25 and 15 yard touchdowns. Anderson finished the game with 148 yards on 11 carries. Harbaugh completed 61% of his passes for 140 yards 3 TD's and no int's. Davis had 3 receptions for 60 yards.

Defense - My defense did an outstanding job of holding the high powered 49ers offense to 7 points. After my offense scored the first TD, they were putting a nice drive together that brought them to my 10 yard line, my defense prevented them from scoring and made them go for the field goal, which Stinson blocked and we recovered the ball. Their only touchdown came when my offense stupidly turned the ball over on downs at my own 10 yard line and Brent Jones caught a 10 yard pass to score. The 49ers rushed the ball 13 times for 0 yards, Joe Montana completed 63% of his passes for 135 yards and no picks. Jerry Rice, of course got his 3 receptions for 62 yards.

Overall - Okay, we finished the season 16-0 and I have a good feeling about my playoff run. I will put up another post later today to let you all know the final standings, and the playoff brackets.

AFC Playoffs

Division champions: Denver (12-4), Pittsburgh (11-5), Buffalo (9-7)

Wild card teams: Raiders (11-5), Houston (9-7), Kansas City (9-7)

Kansas City

@

Raiders

Houston

@

Buffalo

Pittsburgh will play the K.C. vs Rai. winner.

Denver will play the Hou. vs Buf winner.

NFC Playoffs

Division Champs: Chicago (16-0), San Francisco (12-4), Philadelphia(9-7)

Wild card teams: Minnesota (9-7), Giants (9-7), Saints (9-7)

Minnesota

@

Giants

New Orleans

@

Philadelphia

San Francisco will play the Min. vs Gia. winner.

Chicago will play the N.O. vs Phi. winner.

Chicago Bears Final Statistics

Team

Offense

Points per game..........38.4

Total yards/game........385.1

Rushing yards/game....174.5

Passing yards/game....210.6

Defense

Points allowed/game...............10.4

Total yards allowed/game.......148.5

Rushing yards allowed/game... 38.3

Passing yards allowed/game....110.3

Individual

Passing

Player...........Att....Comp...TD....Int......Yds.....Avg......Comp%......Rating

Harbaugh......203......139....43*....11.....3369...16.5......68.4...........176.3*

Rushing

Player.........Att......Yds.....Avg.....TD

Anderson....156.....1911*...12.2*..26*

Bailey..........28.......382.....13.6.....5

Harbaugh.....36.......200......5.1......2

Muster.........18........152.....8.4......6

Green..........24........147.....6.1......2

Receiving

Player.........Rec......Yds......Avg.....TD

Muster.........31........505.....16.2......6

Morris..........26.......1068....41.0*....11

Davis...........20........635.....31.7......7