KS1 (KingSoby1) Productions: NFL 2005 v1.0

Based on last year, I will be releasing a huge zip file within the next week or two.

This is a tentative version 1.0 rom that fixes mistakes in my "beta" release that was never released here on the boards, but was used for the TWL (now the WTL on http://www.puretecmo.com/forum ). Please keep in mind that this rom will be continuously play tested when released and constantly updated.

The zip file will contain:

- 2 roms for all 32 teams

- a readme for features

- a readme for proper gameplay instructions

- all spreadsheets used to rate this rom

- a readme guide for the spreadsheets

Here are the readmes for gameplay and features

Rom Hacks - Thanks to bruddog for sitting with me and experimenting with shit... One of these days I might sit around and make my own playbook and plays hack

- Playbooks: Plays are swapped around such that it makes more sense and adds more variety

- Plays: Play Actions work as normal passes now

- KR/ PR: Players will return kicks at their actual MS

- Quickness: The defensive value called Quickness now controls how fast a defender will return INTs and Fumbles

Rom Features -

- 6 RP for all offensive players

- Skill-based passing where QBs can actually hit targets quickly and accurately... WRs are very fast overall in order to make it advantageous to know timing routes

- QBs that mimic their real life abilities in the pocket (high HP for less-sacked and lower fumble rate QBs as well as high RS for less-sacked QBs)

- Slow running game where HP is emphasized (Stats-based HP rating gauges an RB's TD% with respect to how low his yards per carry value is)

- Faster LBs with higher INT power to control QB running and emphasize the virtues of using LBs (most defenders are one-dimensional, utilizing only DBs)

- DBs with an average INT value approximately equal to the average REC value of the top 64 WRs - this value will make having a good WR important, yet it is a few points above the QB's average PC, allowing an int where an int is due

Rules for gameplay -

- only RBs and QBs may run the ball

- WRs may play any position

- TEs may only play TE or RB2

- RBs may only play RB1,2 or TE1

- Fullbacks may play any position as "lead blockers", but they are very slow, so be wary when putting them at WR

- No use of DL is permitted

- No using a play in more than one slot at play selection

Looking forward to releasing - but keep in mind that there will be no graphics hack included, unless someone wants to do it for me.

alright... all the ratings are complete, and everything is inputted into the rom with the exception of defensive backs. the first input im doing is made for the WTL draft.

i still need to rearrange the defensive players to account for overall defensive rankings... for example, the saints defense will have most of their good players in "bad" tecmo positions (db2 and 1 being the least played db positions... db3,4 being the most popular - lb1 and 4 least played, lb2,3 most played).

features not included:

- sim code - if you simulate the season it will come out like the normal tecmo season, i really dont care about simming seasons

- graphics - i dont have the time to do a proper graphics hack: if someone wants to do it, be my guest

this rom is all about the ratings and the hacks.

• 2 weeks later...