Sign in to follow this  
49er4life

White running backs are becoming extinct.

What ever happen to the white runningbacks. I am talking about an every down, dependable RB. Yeah we all know of Rathman, Alstott, Muller, Muster, Hoge, etc........, but these were or are all fullbacks that are mainly used for blocking or short runs, as a matter of fact, I have a question and maybe one of you can answer, Has a white runningback ever led the league in rushing? or when was the last time that a white RB rushed for 1000 yards? :P

John Riggins is most likely the best white running back that played

Rushing Att. Yards Avg. Long TD

1976 162 572 3.5 15 3

1977 Not Available

1978 248 1014 4.1 31 5

1979 260 1153 4.4 66 9

1980 Did Not Play

1981 195 714 3.7 32 4

1982 177 553 3.1 19 3

1983 375 1347 3.6 44 24

1984 327 1239 3.8 24 14

1985 176 677 3.8 51 8

TOTAL 1920 7269 3.7 66 70

Those are decent numbers but not spectacular. I mean, I am not racist, and I dont have anything against the black runningbacks, but wouldn't it be nice to see a good white runningback racking up rushing yards. White athletes obviously have the athleticism to play other positions besides the regular TE, LB, Lineman. There is Lynch(safety), Sehorn (cornerback), Mcafrey, Chrebet, etc. (wide receivers), but not runningbacks, I wonder why?

Jervey's with Atlanta. Although he hasn't had much success on offense this year. I think he dropped at TD pass against the Packers week 1. He was damn good on special teams though. Steve Tasker too. What is it with white guys being so good on special teams?

Let's put it this way. If you know a guy who plays well on special teams, chances are he is good, because otherwise he would be just another no-name on the depth chart.

Jervey's with Atlanta. Although he hasn't had much success on offense this year. I think he dropped at TD pass against the Packers week 1. He was damn good on special teams though. Steve Tasker too. What is it with white guys being so good on special teams?

us crackers are a physically inferior race, but we play a mean game of Tecmo!

black players would dominate hockey and soccer if they had the inclination

There was a time that I thought Jervey was gonna be awesome. He sure had the speed. I remember one Packer game when the fans were yelling Jervey, Jervey..... like they yelled Reggie. I must take this oppertunity to thank him for running into Bidwell week 1 to give the Pack the chance to win that game. :P

I've only played Tecmo against one white person. All the rest were something else, at least mixed. It just occurred to me that most people on this board are probably white...

Tim Tindale was a good RB, but Buffalo ditched him after the '96 season or so, I think.

Us white boy's need to stick to playing Kicker & Tecmo, a game of RB's with 31-38 MS would be hell. :P

On the internet it doesn't really matter who you are...

I've only played Tecmo against one white person. All the rest were something else, at least mixed. It just occurred to me that most people on this board are probably white...

On the internet it doesn't really matter who you are...

Yeah, of course. I just never played on the internet, so I guess I'm tied down to who I know that's nearby.

I was @ the S Carolina/Miss St game last this past Sat and let me tell you, USC has this guy, #21(Ryan Brewer) who just renews my belief that white guys don't need to play that position any more. This kid is flatulence in motion. Looks for the biggest pile of guys & runs toward it. He has KR/PR duties as well. Signals an FC with no one around then turns around & tries to run when 3 defenders have already broke his halo.

Kid also has one of those new Revolution helmets. He put a darkened visor in it last game & drew a remarkable resemblence to 'Dark Helmet' of 'Spaceballs' fame. HE LOOKED LIKE A GRADE SCHOOL PLAYER!!

White guys need to stick to kicking, punting, the O-line, TE, and QB.

The days of white QBs are almost over anyway. And if just a few more Reggie Robys were to make it, punters would be gone too.

What are you talking about? Sean Landeta will never retire...and what about Scott Player? :P

I was @ the S Carolina/Miss St game last this past Sat and let me tell you, USC has this guy, #21(Ryan Brewer) who just renews my belief that white guys don't need to play that position any more. This kid is flatulence in motion. Looks for the biggest pile of guys & runs toward it. He has KR/PR duties as well. Signals an FC with no one around then turns around & tries to run when 3 defenders have already broke his halo.

Kid also has one of those new Revolution helmets. He put a darkened visor in it last game & drew a remarkable resemblence to 'Dark Helmet' of 'Spaceballs' fame. HE LOOKED LIKE A GRADE SCHOOL PLAYER!!

White guys need to stick to kicking, punting, the O-line, TE, and QB.

The days of white QBs are almost over anyway. And if just a few more Reggie Robys were to make it, punters would be gone too.

After having to watch Daunte Cullpepper, and after viewing Quincy Carter and Kordell Stewart.... and then watching Bret Favre last night... I would have to say that the day of the black QB is faaaaaar in the future. I would say that white WR's may be making a comeback, McCafferey, Chrebet, Shroeder, Jurevicious, Dwight, etc. Not to mention the hundreds of white fourth stringers around the league like Chris Walsh and Nick Davis. I haven't seen this many white wide recievers since BYU came to town.

Interesting sampling of players. After watching Donavan McNabb, Michael Vick, Jon Kitna, and Drew Brees I think the opposite.

BTW, this is a stupid topic

After having to watch Daunte Cullpepper, and after viewing Quincy Carter and Kordell Stewart.... and then watching Bret Favre last night... I would have to say that the day of the black QB is faaaaaar in the future. I would say that white WR's may be making a comeback, McCafferey, Chrebet, Shroeder, Jurevicious, Dwight, etc. Not to mention the hundreds of white fourth stringers around the league like Chris Walsh and Nick Davis. I haven't seen this many white wide recievers since BYU came to town.

in the old days white rbs led in rushing but that was when there were only a handful of black players in the league, and they were superstars. steve van buren was the best early rb in pro football but after that only riggins really and he was more of a fullback. black players like ollie matson, emlen tunnell, dick lane, etc were all the best at their positions and are all hall of famers now.

scott

Aw, c'mon Rod! Not stupid, just amusing.

And Nameless, why'd you bring up Sean Landeta? I know he'll never retire, but someday.......

All i'm saying is if you get a chance to watch some college ball on MBC or BET, you'll get to see how all the positions seem to be covered quite well by talented brothas. There was a punter for Ark-Pine Bluff last week that was hitting 'em consistantly well for a 46.2 yd avg. And the halftime shows are way more fun to watch!

i agree with rod....this is a stupid topic. and he who said the days of the black qb are faaaaar in the future must not be watching the same game that i am. there are plenty of good qbs (white or black) in the league....

favre, manning, brooks, mcnabb.....etc.

.....and, there are plenty of not-so-good qbs in the league (white or black).....anyone who says that players cant be good at a position based on their race is a moron.

.......hope that didnt offend anyone.

~shizberg

white%20privilege_zpscz2wudq4.png

(I have to start this post out with @hamburgler2682's SIG, because, it's just funny.)

On 10/3/2002 at 12:02 PM, 49er4life said:

Those are decent numbers but not spectacular. I mean, I am not racist, and I dont have anything against the black runningbacks, but wouldn't it be nice to see a good white runningback racking up rushing yards. White athletes obviously have the athleticism to play other positions besides the regular TE, LB, Lineman. There is Lynch(safety), Sehorn (cornerback), Mcafrey, Chrebet, etc. (wide receivers), but not runningbacks, I wonder why?

On 10/3/2002 at 12:07 PM, Knobbe said:

Lorenzo White is the last I remember. He fumbled quite a bit. Maybe his son can redeem the family name.....

:P

Sonnyboy Christian McCaffrey

88feaceae9c8db2c316883dae9e9f9e3--christ

interesting side-story:  I was driving across Colorado this past Spring when news came over the radio that Ed's sons had just-rescued a fallen elderly man off of Castle Rock, South of Denver.

another side-note:

353708c8ca4c46848a71660d4a7bd965_front.j

There's an interesting name...

Maybe we should add him to Best Ever NFL Names...

Edited by Bolt
the time is nigh