Sign in to follow this  
Ones11fahzu

HSTL 20 Bowl - NO (ones11) @ KC (regulator)

NO receives. 1st play is picked...bad omens. 2nd play...Mitchell thinks he's sneaky streaking towards the line like he's gonna run, but throws deep to Jensen. Byrd isn't fooled, he's locked on...but apparently he didn't stretch well enough before the game as he doesn't jump/dive/anything and allows Jensen to haul in a big play. 3rd play, Mitchell gets cute, throwing to the open man, but Connor Reid summons his inner beast, dives from the next town over, and Mitchell fumbles...and KC recovers...and lugs it to the NO 30. KC works it to the 3...1st and G. Picked play, back to the 5. Gain of 3. Picked play...loss of....TD, 7-0 KC. Next NO possesion, wide open Marcus....doink. Screw this....I'm running the rest of this game. Marcus runs a little, and White busts a 38 yard TD run, 7-7...we've got a game. Mid-2nd now, KC driving, gets a 4th down conversion around the NO 35ish. 4th and goal now, time almost out in the half, from the NO 5, Vinny running up top, stops and hits the lower corner for the TD, 14-7 at half.

Halftime comments from NO locker room.....Eff that fumble, Eff VInny hitting the corner guy from the top from 5 yards out, Eff me!

KC gets the ball, drives a little, but gets stopped on 4th and 12 from the NO 40ish. Marcus takes over, with a little help from a burn route to Jeffries that Byrd was just a TINY BIT slow getting to, and punches in a 4 yard TD run. After kickoff, we're knotted up at 14 after 3. A few plays into the drive, FUMBLE! NO recovers and returns it to the KC 35ish!........ The big break! YES WE CAN!............ INC, picked play, run for 6...4th and 5 at the 30ish....ugh, I can't kick FGs and I have Lansford for crying out loud....let's kick it! YES WE CAN!...doink....the arrow wasnt that far off, but it was a little north, and I was already at the top hash...if I would have been at the bottom hash, or the middle, I would have been OK. That's all KC needed. A couple plays later, I got play-action faked out of my jock, and Vinny hits Jones on a 40 yarder. The rest was pecking away at the yards and the time. And with just under a minute to play, from the NO 8, Pass 2, both short guys are open, and Vinny hits the TE for the game-winner, 21-14. NO had time for one last heave fom their own 15ish. Mitchell, who wnet EXCELLENT in the 4th, runs back and heaves it for Jeffries. Byrd is back. But Jeffries makes the catch!!!!! Just two problems though...it was at the KC 15....and it was directly on Byrd...tapping battle ensued...bet you can guess who won that!!!!!

S A D F A C E

Ones11fahzu

Fairf has a good point we need some more fan fair, too bad there isn't an easy way to live stream the games. it would be fun to watch Live and Aim during it.

There was some good breakdowns of the Miller Bowl before hand though