Sign in to follow this  
Ones11fahzu

CHI @ NO

Yikes....

CHI gets the ball first, and at the end of a 2nd nice run...McGee gets the dropsies...and NO recovers. 3 plays net -4 yards for NO, and they are left with a long 4th down around the CHI 40ish. Let's face it, I stink at FGs, and I have Lansford. So, NO goes for it, and hits a lucky ass 40 yd JJ TD as McMillan dives instead of jumping to block/INT, 7-0 NO. After a few 1st downs, CHI elects to go for their own 4th down pass, but the pass gets knocked down. The end of the 1st half gets foggy from here, but NO ends up getting a mini-drive in there for a short FG, 10-0 and there was no time left after kickoff for a Montana bomb.

2nd half, NO goes on a long drive, purposefully wasting max time bewteen each play. Finally, on a 3rd and long around the CHI 30ish, shotgun Pass 3, all covered but Allen, Cornelius rushing in, Mitchell gets lucky again, and hits Allen on the JJ for the TD, 17-0 NO. Afterwards, CHI whips down the field in only 1:10 to score right before the end of the 3rd, 17-7, NO after 3. NO, again maxing time between plays, keeps barely getting 1st downs, keeping the clock moving. With 1:45ish to play, NO 2nd goal form the CHI 8...picked play...fumble...random white man from CHI picks it up, goes into hyper-drive, popcorns 7 Saints, and goes 93 yds for the TD, 17-14. CHI onsides, but NO recovers and is able to squeak all the time out on its 4th down play.

Other notes...in the foggy area in the 1st half, there may have been another CHI turnover I can't remember. I just remember thinking after the game..."wow, I should go buy a lottery ticket."

Ones11fahzu

Nice Recap Ones. Saints and Chiefs trying to make it an all Miller HSTL Bowl. Of course, the experts already laid out that New Orleans and Dallas will be playing for the right to lose in the bowl.