Sign in to follow this  
kamphuna8

Divisional Round Dallas Cowboys at NY Giants

The Dallas Cowboys entered the Meadowlands for round 3 between these 2 teams in what was an absolute EPIC trilogy of games.

Round 1 at Texas Stadium vs the Eifer led Gints featured an early fumble after a huge play by the G-Men, along with a later pick of Schroeder to end a couple of Giants' drives, while the Cowboys got well into New York territory a few times only to turn it over on downs or have LT block a FG attempt. A 7-7 game to start the 4th quarter had the Cowboys driving right after said pick, then getting their FG attempt "LTed", giving up a score to James Brooks with over 2 minutes left. Cowboys answered with a TD pass to a wide open Art Monk with just over a minute left. Ensuing kickoff has Ironhead returning it to all the way to within fg range before running out of bounds with 3 ticks left. The kick however is doinked, yet the Giants win the OT coin toss and get ANOTHER Ironhead return all the way to the 20. 1 TE Motion Run 2 play later, and James Brooks had dipsy dooed in and around the Cowboy D for the game winner.

Round 2 was at the Meadowlands and vs midseason replacement owner Gripsmoke. After trading TDs, Reuben Mayes suffers the jealousy that Atwater houses. Mack Attack answers with a long return but is crumpled and carried off. After scoring to go up 21-14, the Cowboys get a pick in the end zone to start the 4th quarter and things are looking good, but they 4 and out giving the ball right back to the GMen. James Brooks is in Excellent, and he shows it, scoring 2 plays later to tie it up. The Cowboys get it in deep (that's what she said) NY Giant territory, but Reuben Mayes suffered the Jealousy AGAIN with less than a minute to play near the Giant 20 yard line. James Brooks busts off a huge run and scats out of bounds at the 19 with 3 ticks left. Morten Andersen lines it up but doinks it off the left upright and it's on to OT. Cowboys actually win the toss and drive down to within FG range, inside the 20, but Chris Jacke doinks it off the left upright also! The Giants are immediately forced to a 4th down and 8 near their own 20, 1:38 to go in OT and they go for it on 4th down. Run 2 was AGAIN called (TE Motion one), this time very unexpectedly, and even worse, James Brooks houses it for a near 80 yard game winner on 4th and 8 in OT!!!

Needless to say, the Cowboys know they're in for a barnburner for round 3, with much more on the line, a trip to the NFC championship on the line.

GMen win the toss and immediately force the Cowboys to a 4th and 2, but QB Bills runs to move the chains and avert an early crisis. Reuben Mayes breaks one off to midfield then Earnest Givins burns his man for a catch and run to the 3 and things are definitely looking up. Mayes finishes the efficient drive to put Dallas up 7-0. Ironhead makes his mark AGAIN! This time running it back to the Dallas 20. A couple of plays later and Schroeder hits Clarence "I'm not Gay" Kay in the end zone to tie it up. 2nd quarter starts and Mayes in bad is benched for average Herman Fontenot and his 38MS. He shoulders the load though immediately getting the Cowboys near midfield. Then Jim Kelly takes a shotgun snap, everyone seems covered and he eludes some pressure and hucks it to his main man Ernest Givins deep. Man Controlled LT cant get there and the DB jumps for it, but he gets nothing but air and Givins catches it in stride in the end zone for a 56 yarder. The Giants put together a nice drive and Brooks outjuices the man defender to score from about 20 and tie it up at 14. Cowboys start at the 2 minute warning at their own 20. Givins puts them in business again in NY territory and then Fontenot puts them in the red zone at the 1:15 mark. Giants D stiffens and forces a 4th and goal at the 3 with 1 tick left. LT puts pressure on Kelly who doesn't wait for his TE to settle over the middle, leading to an errant throw and a tied half time score at 14.

A good Beuerlein comes in for a bad Schroeder. His first pass is defensed (sadly not picked off) by Martin Mayhew, but Stevie B shakes it off and leads the GMen right down like a true general. The drive stalls and NY elects to go for the 3. Vaughan Johnson sprints in and knocks it down keeping it knotted at 14. Cowboys 1st play is picked Shotty but Kelly throws it to Givins in coverage and gets the CC at midfield. 3 plays later, and the Cowboys are starting the 4th quarter with a 4th and 1 at the New York 40. Mack Attack in Good comes in as both Mayes and Fontenot are in bad. Dallas chooses a shotgun play that is not called, but Kelly feels major heat as he's looking to run for the marker. Realizing that it ain't happening, he throws it (honestly a lucky button tap) to an open Ernest Givins who dives for it... and hauls it in. Dallas up 21-14. Brooks then goes to work and the Giants score, a little too easily if you ask me, to tie it up at 21 with 1:58 left. After an incomplete heave to Monk bounces, Mack moves the chains. Again, Kelly's in the shotgun on a picked play. Again, he goes to Ernest Givins. Again they connect on the CC. This time to the NY 40 yard line. With time running out, Kelly quick hits to Fontenot at TE, getting inside the 10 with 5 seconds left. With LT threatening, Jacke doesn't bother trying to line it up, and the insta kick luckily has the arrow true. The kick sails through and Ironhead is corralled to seal the W.

GG Grip GL until next time

Final

COWBOYS 24

GIANTS 21

Wow, so this joke is still being perpetrated? No matter what happens with all this false playoffs stuff, the next game I play against either will be the equivalent of the superbowl and treated by anyone who saw the situation as the real game.

You do not deserve to play at 8-8 when you specifically kept 9-2-1 owners out of the playoffs that posted Every Day and refused to replace the owners who wouldn't play.

Why not just crown yourself superbowl Champion preseason to be honest? What is the point of a trophy if you didn't earn any of it. You did not earn ANYTHING this season.

Wow, so this joke is still being perpetrated? No matter what happens with all this false playoffs stuff, the next game I play against either will be the equivalent of the superbowl and treated by anyone who saw the situation as the real game.

You do not deserve to play at 8-8 when you specifically kept 9-2-1 owners out of the playoffs that posted Every Day and refused to replace the owners who wouldn't play.

Why not just crown yourself superbowl Champion preseason to be honest? What is the point of a trophy if you didn't earn any of it. You did not earn ANYTHING this season.

But did you like my recap?

Essentially I am in the playoffs, I have just yet to play a game so it remains to be seen if I make it to the superbowl.

The next games I play with the owners who legitimately earned a spot will be counted as the official playoff games.

Essentially I am in the playoffs, I have just yet to play a game so it remains to be seen if I make it to the superbowl.

The next games I play with the owners who legitimately earned a spot will be counted as the official playoff games.

Your much closer to being banned from the HSTL section than playing in a playoff game. Keep it up chuckles!