Most Annoying Player in Tecmo Super Bowl

JimHarbaugh

Who was the most annoying player in Tecmo Super Bowl NES?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the most annoying player in Tecmo Super Bowl NES?

• Barry Sanders, HB Lions
    • Christian Okoye, HB Chiefs
    • Steve Grogan, QB Patriots (hard but challenging QB to use :)
    • Tom Tupa, (the Cardinals 2nd string QB, wasn't he a kicker also? :lol:
    • The whole Cincy Bengals squad!
    • Joe Montana, QB 49ers (does he ever make an incomplete pass?)
    • Anthony "AC" Carter, WR Vikings
    • David Treadwell, K Broncos
    • Sterling Sharpe, WR Packers
    • John L. Williams, HB Seahawks (the composer?)
    • Marion Butts, HB Chargers (he wins my Most Annoying Character Award!)
    • Jim Everett, QB Rams
    • Lawrence "LT" Taylor, OLB Giants
    • William "the Refrigerator" Perry, NT Bears
    • Bruce Smith, DL Bills
    • Vinny Testaverde, QB Buccaneers
    • QB Eagles (obviously Randall Cunningham :)
    • Rod Woodson, DB Steelers (no offense but he picked me off more than any other character in the game!)
    • Darrell Green, DB Redskins

I voted Anthony Carter, he always gets atleast 4500505 jumping catches a game against me.

If Neal Anderson were up there I would have voted him though. He owns me every single game. I think he once rushed damn near 300 against me if not over.

(this is against the computer)

I hated Winston Moss more than Wayne Haddix but by popular demand, he will be added if only I can figure out how to edit polls. 8O

But I couldn't put Neal Anderson because my favorite team were "Da Bears of the 80s" and he was the bread-and-butter. :) I am however, sorry that I put Barry Sanders because I do pity the guy who stuck it out all these years with the dreadful Lions; and I agree that he wasn't that hard to defend unless he was in excellent condition.

I also didn't put Rice because he played for my home team, which are the Niners. :)

The reason why I didn't put the whole Bills team up was because I felt sorry for players such as "Machine Gun" Kelly and James Lofton. Both of them whom played for a team that lost four straight Super Bowl appearances!

Cleveland Gary? What a nightmare! And don't forget Henry Ellard and company! Their whole team on defense! I hated the whole L.A. Rams! 8O

Thus far Christian "the Nightmare" Okoye, not surprisingly, is in first place. Ignarant, I do agree with you that he is, hands down, the most steroid-juiced character in the game. Even "Ironhead" Heyward is not that strong!

Only one vote for Marion Butts? I'm sure Butthead single-handedly killed most of you guys in those down-to-the-wire-close games. 8O

Neal Anderson (playbook a factor). I voted Montana. I hate when CPU players make something out of nothing against me. Also Warren Moon.

I don't mind Okoye so much, but I think K.C is one of the more fumble prone teams to play with. That's what annoys me about them. Although there are a few good DBs in the same class, Rod Woodson is the only one I take care to throw away from. Did anyone else catch him announcing on the Pro Bowl skills challenge?

Tampa's entire offensive line. This is to play with, not against. Those guys are fucking useless, especially against the Bears.

I can see the Tommie Agee thing. I usually call the Agee play now because he's burned me so many times, then I try to cover Emmitt or sack Aikman with my Man player.

No Meggett or Anderson? They can be a bitch to play against, depending on the plays the CPU calls.

I guess I pick Okoye by default, 'cause of the Riader fan thing. In real life I thought Derrick Thomas was kind of a dirty player, and more of a Raider killer than Okoye ever was.

So i guess the gist of this poll is 'which player is most annoying (because of how good he is)'? See, i didn't look at annoying players like that. Just ones that really annoyed me. Not because of how much they destroyed me. That being said, you still managed to get who i would've voted for up there. John L. I had SUCH high hopes. And every time he touches the ball he's a disappointment. He's as slow as Merrill Hoge without all that popcorn package. In other words, he pretty much sucks. And he shouldn't. Therein lies my problem with him.

EDIT: My partner just pointed out that his most annoying would go to David Fulcher, who is not on the list. I believe his opinion to be biased however as i assume him to still be suffering from the aftershocks (albeit 9 years departed) of four sequential INTs at the hands of this man.

Yes, The Giants! Pepper Johnson along with LT, Howard, Dorsey, Reasons and Carl F'ing Banks use to stand in line and rape me at least once everytime I played against them. Then it was Meggett's turn when he returned the punts. But it was their "O" Line I hated the most! Any one of their linemen use to single-handedly pulverize my whole "D" Line and LBs. And it was them who scored the offensive TDs by result of double-turnovers.

How can i forget about Merrill Hoge and the Steeler "O?" How often is it when Hoge kills you on 5+ consecutive downs, and when you finally select a rush-defense play, Bubby Brister goes deep on your a$$@#%^? :D

I know I made this poll very vague Stadawim. But I wanted to get different people's opinions of an annoying character in the game. The way I interpret an annoying character in the game is a character who is incompetent when you use him. Until when he is being controlled by the almighty Com, then he is unbelievably good! They seem mediocre as their real life counterpart, but has been given godly attributes by the Tecmo Staff. However, this can also pertain to "good" players. Remember the players who got your QB running for his life on every down? :D

But I guess the purpose of this poll is to remember those players that we've chose to forget in the past. They happened to have that one glorious season in their career, the season just prior to the release of Tecmo Super Bowl.

How can i forget about Merrill Hoge and the Steeler "O?" How often is it when Hoge kills you on 5+ consecutive downs, and when you finally select a rush-defense play, Bubby Brister goes deep on your a$$@#%^? :D

I can't say I've ever had the same problem. Also, it's ironically appropriate that you put the O in quotation marks :D

Remember the players who got your QB running for his life on every down?

OK. I can see that. So if i have to go by that then Bruce Smith takes the taco. Because even when you play the COM, COM gets to be him and he's all over you. All the time.

You know, i still don't see that has any more annoying than John L. for me though. Think i still vote for John L. as my most annoying dude.

You know, I'm going to write in John L. Williams now as well. The guy is tied for the slowest starting RB in the game, and doesn't even have significant HP to make up for it. Yet he somehow shoots the gap in that run 2 play like lightning (I forget which it is, it's the same one that even stinkier Marvin Allen has on the Pats) and gets perfect blocks every time. Now, we're used to Thermal Underwear and Barry Sanders turning the corner on us even on a called play because they're too fast for the stupid drones. But friggin' John L. Williams has pulled this on me! And once you wise up and try to stop the run, Krieg will loft a mighty pass over the sky-cam and right into the 63-reception-rating hands of Johnny.

I can't believe you guys hate john L as much as I do :D It's been almost 15 years, but if memory serves me right, I think he had a good season. He was one of the top 10 rushers that year and he was Kreig's "go-to" guy. Like "Thermal" Thomas, he could run and catch. But he wasn't that good. :D