Help with putting Rom back onto cartridge

Marion Butts

If you could make custom roms and put them onto cartridges, and learn how to do this for other games besides TSB, you might make some decent money selling them. I know if you could make custom roms for me to my specs just for TSB, I'd be willing to pay for 2 or 3 different carts, at least.

I'd want the Raiders last Superbowl season ('84 was it?), the recent season where the Raiders lost to the Jets in the playoffs, and I'd probably also want the Jets Superbowl III season.

If you could make custom roms and put them onto cartridges, and learn how to do this for other games besides TSB, you might make some decent money selling them. I know if you could make custom roms for me to my specs just for TSB, I'd be willing to pay for 2 or 3 different carts, at least.

Isn't it illegal to sell modified copies of copywrite games without written or any form of conscent from the company that owns the rights for the game?

Isn't it illegal to sell modified copies of copywrite games without written or any form of conscent from the company that owns the rights for the game?

probably. in which case, if you can modify carts for me, i will give you money just because i'm a nice guy, and it will have nothing to do with the modified carts. yeah, that's it :lol:

yes

I have been doing some research on how to put a rom back onto a cartridge after making roster changes etc. I am working on buying an Eprom programmer etc. Just wondering if anyone else has actually done this.

I had a copy many years ago when I was a young 'un and lost it after moving a couple of times , then a while ago I got a copy off of Ebay for $4 including shipping and everything (dream deal).

I've been trying to get another copy (1 for season mode, 1 for man vs man) but it sells for at least $12 now and usually more. Sure that's not much for the best game ever made, but that $4 deal I got has spoiled me.

2 copies of TSB, one original, one NES, numerous other games. I think I own every football game for the NES. The only ones I play are the Tecmos and once in a blue moon I pull out the 10 yard fight.

10 yard fight = worst...football...game...ever.

I remember wanting 10 Yard Fight instead of Tecmo Bowl. (I also wanted Turbo Grafix 16 instead of Genesis, so that gives some insight into my decision making). Thank goodness my older and wiser brother thought better at the time on both counts.

The only other NES football game that was half-decent was NES Playaction Football with its strange 45 degree angle gameplay and some actual players. Actually John Elway Football was pretty fun too. As far as I can remember it was the only game that actually let you control your passes. Also, I racked up a $90 tab at Blockbuster for returning it months late. For that to happen, it must've been fun or I must've been lazy. Probably a little of both.

10 Yard fight is fun with a human... it's not very fun against the CPU... John Elway was a good game, but we kept using the reverse trick so the fun kinda went away.

I remember liking play action football, and I have used copy that I'll admit I bought and haven't played yet.

• 3 weeks later...