player attribute probabilities

konForce

The section of the ROM around 0x2bee4 controls how the various attributes affect the play. Perhaps this is already known, but I found it while looking to see if PC could be modified to affect interceptions as opposed to PA controlling all the QB's stats. (Short answer is it cannot, because the same instructions load the data.)

0x2be74: Rushing Power (RP)
0x2be84: Running Speed (RS)

x3DFDF to x3DFEE ( MS Offense) 

x3DFEF to x3DFFE (MS Defense)  

See thread for explanation: http://tecmobowl.org/topic/7070-trying-to-explain-the-concept-of-rs-rp-and-ms-to-malferds/

For these take the hex number and convert to decimal and divide by 256. 

0x2bee4: Pass Block (APB)
0x2bef4: Kick Block (AKB)
0x2bf04: Fumbles (BC)

See this thread for the explanation on these  http://tecmobowl.org/topic/7066-passing-game-ratings/page-2

0x2bf14: Pass Control (PC)
0x2bf24: Receptions (REC)
0x2bf34 Interceptions (INT)

x3DFFF to x3E00E  (Hitting Power)

(Edit: Updated list with info from below.)

Each section is 16 bytes long. The first byte is for 06 rated players, the last byte is for 100 rated players. You can easily tell if high values or low values are better by looking at the defaults.

Changing values too dramatically can cause every ball to be intercepted, every tackles to result in a fumble, every pass batted down, etc. The immidate areas before and after this section probably also control other attributes, but I stopped testing.

Also, to change the kicking game:

0x2a7a0: Speed of arrow (KA)
0x2a7b0: Distance of arrow (KA)

0x2BE54: passing speed

could be interesting...

potentially practical uses i see: making BC mean something more significant, making REC values more realistic, and making comp% mean more with APB. that seems like it, as i think the PC scale is fine, and i could care less about AKB.

good work, keep it coming :D

konForce,

interesting stuff. I have a lot of catching up to do concerning

what has transpired over the past few weeks on the board.

would you be interested in collaborating on tsbultra ?

or on some other merged project ? you definitely

have done a lot of research and it would be nice if

everything were pulled into a single project.

let me know if you're interested.

My availability will be next to none starting next week, so I doubt I'd be able to do much regarding new projects. I have to finish up a helmet editor that I set aside while looking at playbooks. From there, I'll probably be too busy to be of much assistance, although I'm sure I'll continue on a working playbook editor and could try to answer a few questions now and then.

My availability will be next to none starting next week, so I doubt I'd be able to do much regarding new projects. I have to finish up a helmet editor that I set aside while looking at playbooks. From there, I'll probably be too busy to be of much assistance, although I'm sure I'll continue on a working playbook editor and could try to answer a few questions now and then.

Oh man a helmet editor would be sweet! Could you maybe give us more info as to what this helmet editor will be able to do? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Rushing Power is at 0x2BE74

Running Speed is at 0x2BE84

I wasn't able to find any attribute definitions of this sort for Maximum Speed....which leads me to believe that it may be calculated via formula somewhere in the rom. I also have not found Hitting power definitions, although I haven't put much effort into finding them for that particular attribute.

I've really been trying to find out how to shorten FG's without affecting accuracy at all.

I haven't been able to locate in the rom where it specifies how far certain kickers with specified values for Kicking Accuracy can reach a FG from(Formulaic as well?).

So far..the only thing I can think to do to shorten FG's is to drop all kickers on a rom so that they have Kicking accuracy's between 6 and 38, and then adjust the part of the rom where it specifies how fast and how far the ticker moves so that the 6-38 KA kickers have the same values that were formerly assigned to Kickers with 50-81 KA.

The only problem is that a kicker with 6 KA and 6 AKB can still hit an unrealisticly long FG(They can reach a FG where the ball is spotted at the other teams 44 yard line).

If anyone can help out with this, feel free to contribute. This would be an awesome thing to fix.

I found out a useful bit of information tonight about Field Goals.

It appers that AKB has a hand in determining FG kicking Distance, much to my surprise. Kick accuracy and Avoid Kick block both appear to affect distance of a FG. The difference between a kicker with 6 for KA/AKB, and that of a kicker with 100 for KA/AKB appears to be about 15 or 16 yards....which makes sense if you figure that your kicker gains a half yard of possible distance to his kick per notch of either KA or AKB.

One interesting thing to note about this, is that tecmo only uses the kickers rating(0,6,13...etc) to determine how far he can kick. It doesn't go to the lookup table that defines what the actual value of 6 KA or 6 AKB means in terms of accuracy or avoiding blocks when it is determining how far your kicker can kick.

I figure that I can shorten the maximum distancs for FG's by about 10 yards by changing the lookup scales for kicker accuracy and avoid kick block so that kickers with ratings of 6-38 for KA/AKB will react the same as kickers on the original scale who have 50-81 for KA/AKB.

The only difference between how these modified kickers will play in game, is that they will have 10 yards less range on their kicks, and as far as their attributes are concerned, they will now have KA and AKB ratings between 6-38.

Example: a kicker with 50 KA/50AKB on the original rom = a kicker with 6 KA/6AKB on the new rom....only he will have 10 yards less range on his kicks, but his ability to aim kick will be exactly the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It works just like the other attributes, the 16 bytes from 2be54 to 2be63 adjust each increment of PS. The higher the numbers, the faster the passing speed. You can get a huge variation of speeds. If you crank up the values, you can throw the ball of the screen in less than a second. Conversely if you turn them way down, the ball will literally hang in the air for like a minute of game time.

There are actually two separate values to play with. One seuqence of bytes is responsible for the arc of the ball and another for the actual velocity. It doesn't serve much purpose to mess with these as it can start to negatively affect gameplay pretty quickly.

I'm working on adjusting the pass control attributes slightly such that the new Pc scale would equte as follows

Old New

50 50

56 63

63 75

69 88

This allows for a finer resolution when rating qb's. As it stands 81PC is straight up insane even with adjusted DB and WR values. Even 69PC is pretty rediculous.

i dont think it will make much of a difference... id rather rate them from my knowledge of the game originally... ie 56pc hits targets crossfield most of the time, 50 doesn't.

anyway, can you tie PA to anything at all? like QB fumbling probability or something?

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Bumping this thread for buck. I think this is what you were looking for.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

thanks, but this isn't it. I have all this. What I really need is the "SIM Attribute locations" - where you can set the actual range of yards and stuff for SKP games. Like for example, leading rushers are going for 2900 yards - but adjust the values (that I'm seeking) and you can tweak this max range. I had a hardcopy (printout) of this back in the summer but have since misplaced or lost it when I moved. I have used those locations in the past but never actually made a copy of them...

Bumping this thread for buck. I think this is what you were looking for.

thanks, but this isn't it. I have all this. What I really need is the "SIM Attribute locations" - where you can set the actual range of yards and stuff for SKP games. Like for example, leading rushers are going for 2900 yards - but adjust the values (that I'm seeking) and you can tweak this max range. I had a hardcopy (printout) of this back in the summer but have since misplaced or lost it when I moved. I have used those locations in the past but never actually made a copy of them...

Scroll down active forums and see Bodoms thread on offensive preferences. Second page you link to where you can change that stuff. We just used it to find those in TSB3. Now we have true pass/run offense on field and sims.