Change Tecmo In-Game Music

Denny

At first i wasn't gonna post this, but i figured what the hell. Jstout found this using that FCEUXD Debugger, so all credit goes to him for finding it. With these you can change the music that plays during on field drives. My 1962 edit will have changed music, maybe some others. Here's the offsets and values....

Preseason Music

x255F7 = Player 1

x255F8 = Player 2

Pro Bowl Music

x255F9 = Player 1

x255FA = Player 2

Season Music

x255FB = Player 1

x255FC = Player 2

Playoff Music

x255FD = Player 1

x255FE = Player 2

Songs

3C = Pro Bowl Player 1 Music

3D = Pro Bowl Player 2 Music

3E = Playoff Player 1 Music

3F = Playoff Player 2 Music

40 = Season Player 1 Music

41 = Season Player 2 Music

42 = Preseason Player 1 Music

43 = Preseason Player 2 Music

Have fun! :P

• 1 year later...

These offsets are telling the game to "play song 3C" thus you're just substituting one song for another.

To change the actual music to something not in the TSB rom, you'd be looking at replacing a long string of hexadecimals with another.

Here's one method

I doubt many people on this board have the paitence to do it.

This would be pretty much the same concept as changing players names as they're all mapped with pointers.

These offsets are telling the game to "play song 3C" thus you're just substituting one song for another.

To change the actual music to something not in the TSB rom, you'd be looking at replacing a long string of hexadecimals with another.

Here's one method

Here's one method

Umm, where can I find this ROM Corruptor?

you can just google up Rom Corruptor and there are several different ones available. Anything involving a Rom Corruptor is going to be painful as it basically just randomly garbles a rom.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
How do you actually change the In-Game music in a hex editor, or any kind of editor?

Hex editor, I have not seen an editor that will allow you to change the music. NES TSB music can be changed with a hex editor..

• 2 weeks later...