Favorite player from the "Original" Tecmo Bowl

Tecmo-Mad-Brad

Id have to say .......starting at Top Middle LineBacker for the Seattle Seahawks #50, from the University of New Mexico State, and a 4 time pro bowler, now in the hall of fame..........FREDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD YOUNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

well so hes not in the HOF :P , but he should be in the Tecmo HOF

If I only get to pick one it has to be Lawrence Taylor. But Bo Jackson, Jerry Rice, Ronnie Lott, and John Elway all make a good case.

you and your insane infatuation with LT....LT this and LT that.....kick a field goal early and let LT do the rest.....after what seemed like an eternity in over time, LT finally said enough is enough.....hahahahahahahahahahaha

LT baby....L f*cking T!

long live the king! :P

There is a Walter Payton Football game out, I think for Dreamcast... maybe others, but I've never played it so I'm not sure if he makes an appearance or not. If I ever found a copy I would love it no matter how badly it played.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been thinking on this. And i've got to go with Dennis Gentry. It's not like he got a lot of screen time. But by god he did his job and he did it good (at least for me). And i can remember him from real football about that time and he just epitomized the game for me. I could relate, because my favorite thing to do when i played football was kick/punt return. He's got my vote.

But that could change so quick. Fredddddd Young, Joey Browner (i always got tackled by these two), Duane Bickett. These guys make up my original Tecmo Bowl memories and will always stand at the top of any 'great guys of Tecmo' list for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Also what would be really be awesome if Tecmo could create or make a PS or PS2 game of Tecmo Bowl , Tecmo Super Bowl , Tecmo Super Bowl 1 , Tecmo Super Bowl 2 and finally Tecmo Super Bowl 3 . If Tecmo did that they would at least have one costumer who would buy their game. Because i loved that series and i own the Tecmo Bowl for Nes , the Tecmo Super Bowl for Nes , the Tecmo Super Bowl for Genesis , the Tecmo Super Bowl 2 for Genesis and finally the Tecmo Super Bowl 3 for Gensis.

I aint sure on this, but i think this is the only video game that Walter Payton appears on......giving Tecmo Bowl even more props as the greatest! ;)

He one of the Legends in NFL Street. Also I think the Walter Payton football was one of those Tiger hand held games, don't think there was a console version.

• 6 months later...

Yeah, Fred Young was a beast. He is in my top 10.

My favorite though probably is Albert Bentley. I just liked him because he wasn't Eric Dickerson. I was like, oh cool, this guy MUST be good if he's in the game over Dickerson. I was like, 7 at the time, so I think thats pretty good logic for a 7 year old. I went around at school ridiculing all the kids who didn't know who Albert Bentley was.

Then when TSB came out and Bentley routinely threatened to break the 1000 yard mark rushing AND recieving for the CPU Colts I felt vindicated. "See? He's still freakin' awesome! I told you!"