adapter just showed up, and now i can play the japan version

Tecmo-Mad-Brad

yep, the japan version of the original tecmo bowl......i been soooo geeked to finally get to play this......anyways this guy from the UK sent me the Fam to Nes adapter and thats been in all night. since some of the players and attributes are different from the original, its actually fun playing the computer to learn all the new players and stuff.

good times, as there are some major roster changes. this will definately enhance 2 player mode of tecmo bowl.

the bad part is the fact that the game cost 20 bucks and the adapter was 30, so i got 50 bucks wrapped up in it, but it'll be worth it once we start to rotate this in with the other version during season play. doesnt matter tho, cause id would paid 75 bucks just to get this game.

ok then, discuss amongst yourselves!

I been playing a ton of 1-player, but finally corraled one of my buddies to come over for some 2 player action.

Nate took SF, as usual.....and I looked for a speedy defensive unit to slow them down, so I went with CLE.

the game didnt go so hot for me overall though. Nate controlled the clock for most all the game, and sent me to plenty of 3-4-5 and outs.....a 5 out in tecmo is usually just as good as a 3 and out. I did manage to get a couple picks in the first half, to keep things close but overall he suffocated my offense,a nd he avoided my play picks like the plauge, setting up many long drives for him.

SF won 17-0....one of only a couple times i have been shut-out in 2 player mode in that game in probably my last 80-100 games. tough stuff. SF can be beaten, i just needed to stop thier offense better and actually move the ball when i have it.

Yeah rod, those are it......the 2 American versions(which you have listed as the original roster) are the same except for the dickerson-bentley switch at RB and then the bentley-verdin switch at kick returner.

actually thanks to your site, it lead me on a hunt to find this game. i knew about the 2 american versions, but one day i read what you had for roster changes and i knew they werent right by what I know, so then i looked into it, and learned about the japan version.......so uh thanks!

yeah, the guy still yells TouchDown in english and everything. the attributes that the forum poster "Bo Knows" found for the rom seem to match-up with what we have found during game play. He sent me all the attributes, so i printed em off and use em during game play so we can find all the fast guys So, as far as I can tell it is.

Should you ever come across another famicom cart somewhere, lemme know, as I love to have a back-up copy sitting around in case anything ever happens to mine.

• 1 year later...

very cool. I was able to hunt down a copy of that with the box and instructions. all of which i believe are in japanese.

the redesidned model you speak of....is that the new ones nintendo started to make recently that would play the old us nes carts and japan famicom carts?

i was looking into the ones on ebay for 10-30 bucks that are top loaders and are supposed to play both japan and us carts. since my nes is fine and dandy, i am not ready to make such purchase, but in the next year, with going to college, i think it might be in order.

very cool. I was able to hunt down a copy of that with the box and instructions. all of which i believe are in japanese.

the redesidned model you speak of....is that the new ones nintendo started to make recently that would play the old us nes carts and japan famicom carts?

The redesigned model of my Famicom system that I was talking about is the official one manufactured by Nintendo Co., Ltd. in Japan from 1993 to 2003 where the model number is HVC-101, and it only plays Famicom game cartridges and it can use the Famicom Disk System attachment that normally doesn't work on Famiclones (Yobo FC systems, Messiah NEX). The reason why I own this official Nintendo Famicom system is because some games don't work on pirated systems.

[align=center]My Famicom looks like this:

4902370501841u.jpg[/align]