Baseball Advance GBA Rom modification?

sedihawk

Hi,

I'm new here but I think it's an amazing job with some of the hacks I've seen here. Such a great way to breathe new life into some old classics.

Speaking of classics, I've been searching awhile to update maybe the greatest handheld baseball title of all-time - Baseball Advance for the GBA. Great gameplay, detailed player models with accurate batting stances and pitching motions, you name it. Only 4 stadiums, though, boo.

The biggest issue I've ever had with that game is that you cannot edit any teams, no trades, player edits, etc, and the rosters are now terribly outdated. I'd love to find something that would take editing to the level of KGB, but so far, no luck.

Does anyone out there think it's even possible to hack that game?

• 10 months later...

I've been looking into baseball advance since I got a GBA. It's a pretty cool game. I can edit some of the graphics and I may program an editor for it. I can't seem to find where to edit the AVG, HR, SB and RBI's though. If I can figure that out, I'll probably create an editor.

Does anyone have a manual for this game. What do the colored arrows stand for for each hitter in the lineup screen. thanks.

• 1 month later...

That would be amazing if you could create an editor! Even if it was just to change player names and batting stances and skills, that would be enough. OR even some sort of "trade" feature.

I have the manual, by the way, right here. For the arrows, it says:

Each player's condition is illustrated by a color scale. Best = Red, then Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple = worst. An arrow pointing up suggests that the player is in great condition.

The colors aren't actually the player's overall rating, just what their condition happens to be that day.

• 14 years later...