Nesticle and freezing computer

MariaR

When I use Nesticle for DOS - version "Nestcxxx" - for the very first time after the "install" and stop playing and shut the emulator down, a white window pops up and say something like "this program can not be runned in a Windows window". The only thing to do is to close the window the wrong way and loose all information. This window never appears again when you continue to play.

Now I have a new and faster computer, and the emulator works fine as long as I play any game. But when I shall shut it down and that white window appears, I can't close the window (or do anything else) because the computer freeze. Any suggestion of what happens?

¤Maria Renard¤

I agree with Rod that you should check out FCE Ultra. It's much more current and it runs TSB much better than Nesticle.

On the other hand, I used to use Nesticle vX.XX (DOS) all the time with Win98 and with WinMe, and I never had any problems. So even though I can't help you with your specific problem (I'm running WinXP now), I can almost promise you that you can find a solution, if you absolutely have to use Nesticle.

• 4 weeks later...