Tecmo Super Bowl 1977 In Progress

Denny

Hey folks, i just wanted to let everyone know that i am creating a 1977 version of Tecmo Super Bowl for NES, here are some of the following features i'm looking to change.....

- Players names and attributes, i'll try to get the jersey numbers acurate as i can.

- Updated schedule (to reflect the 1977 NFL schedule)

- A Few Team Name Changes (L.A. Raiders -> Oakland, Indianapolis -> Balitmore, Phoenix -> St. Louis)

- Updated Player Photos

- 1977 Team Jersey Colors

And i may mess with the simulation data, not sure about that yet. I just wanted to let you fine folks know about this gem first, and i will let everyone know when it's done.

• 2 weeks later...
If you don't fix the simulation data, who will want to play your rom?

It's easy enough for someone who wanted to fix the sim data to do themselves. One can just open up EmuWare's Sim Editor and click the button to automatically adjust the sim data based on the player attributes. And then, of course, if you're not happy with the way the game sims, simply tweak the sim data yourself.

It's possible to play against other people and with the tsb editor, you can just hit the auto sim button to fix this.

If you don't fix the simulation data, who will want to play your rom?

Wouldn't the Dan Fouts Chargers from this period have a 3WR formation? Or is that just a smidge later?

I think Air Corleone was during 79 when Kellen Winslow was their Tight End, and Charlie Joiner and John Jefferson got 1,000 yards each that season. And Fouts got over 4,000 yards passing.

In 77, Fouts only got 800 some odd yards total believe it or not. And in total the Chargers really only threw for about 2,200 yards. Neither Winslow nor Jefferson were on the team yet.

I believe someone is making a 79 Tecmo, Carther maybe?

um...if someone is making a 1977 rom, shouldn't they be a little knowledgable about the era? Air Corleone?

godfather-thumb.jpg

Godfather....should we throw deep?

Man, some people got to realize that they can't get all the knowledge from a website or book alone.

I ment Coryell (you know the coach for the Chargers in the late 70's early 80's) sorry.

And besides i'm not gonna read a book on 1977 just so i know how Tony Franklin kicked Joe Blue in the teeth after kicking a field goal in the closing seconds of the doritos bowl, it's only Tecmo man, all you gotta know is stats and how teams ran, you don't need to be a football buff, as long as the final release is good enough, that's all that counts.

I don't wanna come off trying to start an argument or anything, i'll admit i'm not an ace at football history, nor am i trying to be, i'm just explaining something i saw on NFL films and yes through web pages, yes i did get the name wrong and i apologize for that (to tell you the truth i don't know where i pulled Corleone from, the Godfather is a classic film though).

Yes, I am the one working on the 1979 rom. It is almost finished. Just needs a few cosmetic changes. Also working on a 1957 rom. That one is a little tricky. A lot of teams I think ran from a three back offense. I've tried moving a wide reciever in as a third back and it is pretty cool looking. If I want to change the plays that much I will have to go in and change routes, assignments on just about every play.