E-bay craziness

Bleak5170

They are very rare, but $56 is almost the original price of the game. Over time the price may even be higher because of its rarity.

:roll: That's why i bought it. I know it's crazy but i wanted a back-up cartridge, and this one is in mint condition with all the original inserts even. The cartridge itself is still in the plastic.

I remember looking at a price list of all the SNES games made and TSB II was listed as the second higest in value behind some RPG. They had it at about $70!

That doesn't surprise me at all. In fact on all of e-bay i could find only one other copy, and i'm sure it will go for a fair price as well.

I remember looking at a price list of all the SNES games made and TSB II was listed as the second higest in value behind some RPG. They had it at about $70!

Chrono Trigger. I bought it for $56 bucks 4 years ago and sold it two years ago for $75 all on ebay.

• 8 months later...

Chrono Trigger is also my best buy/sell story. I had a bad hankerin' for an RPG one day so I went to a local video game store. I told the clerk I was looking for an RPG and he suggested Chrono Trigger. Boy, was he ever right. I think I paid $60 or $70 for it, but when I needed cash I sold it on Ebay for $100.

I got my TSBII cart for xmas last year or the year before. I think it was about $20 on half.com. I know that because when I saw it I pointed it out to my wife as something I'd want :)

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I let a friend borrow a sega genesis and a few games. When I got them back (2 years later :wink:) he didnt have my copy for tecmo super bowl 2. Man I was pissed and of course he had no idea. I really liked this version. I looked thru all the tecmo results on ebay and didnt see 1 copy. Crap.

:wink:

wow... well i know the feeling my older brother bought the game back in 1995, and he kept it for like 2 years till he sold all of his snes and sega games to get a ps1. I was really angry and said u should've gave me that game but, he did give me part 3. In 1999 i saw a miracle that they had tecmo super bowl 2 for genesis at a game/pawn shop and took that sucker for only 5 bucks.

i was so happy :wink:

i bought final fantasy 3 in 1995 for like 75 bucks and it was worth it.

To this day final fantasy 3/6 in japan is still my favorite r.p.g.

10 years in the making.

ff 7 a close 2nd, ff 9 and ff2/4 tied for 3rd, and chrono trigger 5th.

Kefkaroth don't sell his rpgs he keeps them as an antique for he knows he'll play them again and again till he die. :wink:

Geez, dudes. It's amazing what some people would rather have other than money.

I've got an idea. Give me $40. I'll take the $30 from you for being an idiot and my services, and go buy you the same damn brand new cart from my local store that's selling it for $10.

This way you can still fell good about yourself for saving $16 from the EBay price and i'll feel good for making the generous profit, since you must not like money and all.

• 1 year later...
I remember back in the day we couldn't find TSB II anywhere so we rented it from Blockbuster and "lost" it so we paid full price for it.

That sounds vaguely familiar. Pretty sure we weren't the only 2 people on this board that did that. Was worried at the time that they'd charge $150 for it (like they were for people who lost the Madden Special Editions). But, no.... only had to pay retail price....

I remember back in the day we couldn't find TSB II anywhere so we rented it from Blockbuster and "lost" it so we paid full price for it.

That sounds vaguely familiar. Pretty sure we weren't the only 2 people on this board that did that. Was worried at the time that they'd charge $150 for it (like they were for people who lost the Madden Special Editions). But, no.... only had to pay retail price....

didn't really matter how much it was at the time, we NEEDED it :D

• 5 years later...

Most expensive game I ever bought off Ebay was the Super Empire Strikes Back, new in the box, never been opened and I only paid 18 dollars for that off bid.

I wish I had read this a while back cause now I feel even more lucky to have this cartridge and only got it for 15, guy made me a deal and that is something i have to appreciate seeing how rare this game is.

Opened complete in box games can get up there. But the real value is in factory sealed games or games that have been graded. Just like football cards, video games if graded can command a huge premium with a 90 rating or higher. 85 is acceptable as mint for the average collector. But something with 90 is like never distributed or put on shelves, crazy perfect condition.

Look around on eBay and you'll see what I mean.

There is a guy selling a sealed, graded 85 tecmo super bowl for NES for $399!