"Just be New England" - CHALLANGE!!

Patbeach

and after you guys get done with that check out this page....

http://www.geocities.com/spider_onepm5k ... cords.html

this page will track your own records, your team records (for teams youve been), your teams career records, single game records, and season records...im going to be re-working the main page now, but when you get to the database....that thing is the sweetest thing i seen in a while...thanks go out to my main man donny hartman for the database.

click on the records link, and prepare to play alot of cpu vs man games :D

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i havent made all the display pages yet for owners/teams/players etc, but the back end is complete so i can run the stats into the database while im building the other pages.

just save your state at the final game screen and send the sta file to me if youre interested. just need to know your name and what season you are playing.

if you guys figure out a formula for your season, i can plug that in too.

dhartman1900 on aim if you have any questions

To clarify a bit: I can stop the computer from scoring just fine. It's on offense I have trouble; I've never gotten above 35 points a game with the Patriots. I can't run unless what's-his-name the RB is in excellent condition, and passing is so damn hit and miss.

After you win so many games it's nearly impossible to run the ball. A good strategy is to call you best passing play every play. If you can find an open moving man get the ball there as quickly as possible. If you can find a stationary open man, wait if possible to try and get him the ball after the dbs have run down field. If everyone is covered, get ready to run. Gorgan has the slowest max speed possible but conceivably you should be able to run for 5-6 yards if no WRs are open and your line has held up well enough that the entire DL isn't after you. The defense won't come back to get you until you've crossed the line of scrimmage.

If you have one of those situations where you have a DL-man popping your OLman you can even purposely grapple that guy to throw him and then make a play.

To clarify a bit: I can stop the computer from scoring just fine. It's on offense I have trouble; I've never gotten above 35 points a game with the Patriots. I can't run unless what's-his-name the RB is in excellent condition, and passing is so damn hit and miss.

ROUGH DRAFT of the “New England Challenge” scoring system.

This points system is based on this most primary tecmo attitude:

[align=center]Gain Massive amounts of Yard – Score massive amounts of points

Consume the opposing offense – Don’t allow any yards or points

Squash and Devour![/align]

POSITIVE POINTS

WIN: 100 points

TEAM pass yards gained: 1 pt for every yard

TEAM rush yards gained: 2 pts for every yard

TEAM points scored: 5 pts for every point scored

TEAM Kickoff & Punt Return yards gained: 3 pts for every yard

TEAM sacks: 5pts for every 1 sack

TEAM interceptions: 10pts for every Int.

Every Kickoff or Punt return for a touchdown: 250 points (excluding returns of onside kicks)

Defensive SHUTOUTS: 100 pts each time the opponet scores 0 pts for 1 full game.

NEGATIVE POINTS

LOSS: -100 points

TEAM pass yards allowed: -1 pt for every 1 yard allowed

TEAM rush yard allowed: -1 pt for every 1 yard allowed

TEAM points scored against: -5 pts for every point scored against (no matter HOW it was scored)

Scoring for PLAYOFF games is undetermined (ideas??)

**fumbles / blocked kicks, etc… can’t be accurately verifed and won’t be rewarded with direct points

**TEAM stats will allow for injuries

**Not singling out Pass TD’s, Defensive TD’s , Rush TD’s will encourage the “SCORE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN ANYWAY YOU CAN” mentality.

** This system creates single game team performances… special props can go to whoever can score the most points for 1 game. (i.e. week1 best score, week 2 best score, week 3 best…… points will probably decrease as the weeks progress.. would be fun to see it posted out like this!!!!)

again.. this is a ROUGH DRAFT… please voice thoughts & concerns.

artoose monk… I want to see these #’s put into your formula… let’s see if we can make this a SNAP to tally the score.

i think for the yds

TEAM Pass yds 1 pt for every 100 yds -1 pt for every 100 yds allowed

TEAM Rush yds 1 pt for every 50 yds -1 for every 50 yds allowed

TEAM KR/PR yds 1 pt for every 25 yds

then were not talkin about scores in the millions of points range.

Maybe Team pts scored should equal the points you get? and - Team Points allowed

EX. NE scored 550 pts You get 550 on the challenge but you allowed 250

so your total for points on THAT part would be 300

lemme know what ya think Patty McBeatch

are we going to penalize for no 1000 yd rusher too?

I mean youd still be able to win the challenge, BUT youd get bonus points for getting Stephens or Allen 1000 yds...

Balance....sure you can pass 95% of the time, but if you're FORCED to run....

see what I'm sayin? at first I didnt like it, but then i thought about it and was like...yeah that should be a factor too...

Douguloes,

yeah... the points could get in the ASStronomicals pretty fast.. I like 1 pt for every 100 pass & every 50 run .. I like all that you said.

I would rather give BONUS points for a 1,000 yard rusher than to PENALIZE not having one.

I'll go back to my overarching philosophy of this challenge:

Gain Massive amounts of Yard – Score massive amounts of points

Consume the opposing offense – Don’t allow any yards or points

Squash and Devour!

I don't want to get hung up on making sure I get 1,000 rushing yards.. I want to score by whatever means it's best for me.

-Jeff George's monkey

i agree with ya on bonuses then

but mind you even with grogan its easy for 3000 yds (not that ill get that # this season)

im thinkin 1000 with any Pats RB should be worth and additional 500 pts

3000 passing is an additional 200 pts

so......

WIN = 100 pts

Pass yds = 1 pt per 100 yds

Rush yds = 1 pt per 50 yds

KR/PR yds = 1 pt per 25 yds

KR/PR TD = 250 pts

One Point Scored = 1 pt

1,000 yd rusher = 500 pts

3,000 yd passer = 200 pts

TEAM sack = 2 pt per sack

TEAM INT = 5 pt per INT

Int. TD = 10 Pts

Def. Shutout = 500 pts per shutout (I disagreed with 100 cuz it was equal to a win, a shutout is even more impressive than just a win)

TEAM Pass yds allowed = -1 pt per 100 yds

TEAM Rush yds allowed = -1 pt per 50 yds

TEAM Pts Allowed = -1 pt per point allowed

LOSS = -100 pts

Be shutout = -1000 pts (YOU SUCK!!!! lol)

Playoffs

100 for Wild Card Win

300 for Div Round Win

500 for Conference Championship Win

1000 for Superbowl Win (Bonus SB points = 50 pts for 300 yd passer, 75 pts for 150 yd rusher, +10 pts for scoring 40 or more in the Superbowl, + 300 pts for SB Shutout...any other SB Bonuses?????)

it should keep the points in the thousands as far as I can approximate ahead, but theyre all round even numbers so it should be easily countable....

well.....my formula i made was for the nfl.......it has many factors involved.....such as pas off/def, rush off/def, turnover ratio, ppg, def ppg, 1st downs off/def, so i hope i can convert it to tecmo...i dont know if you guys could open it or not, but this is my formula for the official team rating....

=(((((F2*0.02375)+(AK2*0.07307691)+(I2*0.095)+(M2*0.0475)+(W2*0.01583333)+(Z2*0.007307692))/9))*100+(IF((2.375-(AF2-150)*0.01484)<0,0,(2.375-(AF2-150)*0.01484))+(IF(IF((AH2+10)*0.095>25,25,(AH2+10)*0.095)<0,0,(IF((AH2+10)*0.095>25,25,(AH2+10)*0.095))))+(IF((2.375-(AC2-75)*0.03)<0,0,(2.375-(AC2-75)*0.03)))+(IF((2.375-(AN2-10)*0.088)<0,0,(2.375-(AN2-10)*0.088)))+IF(2.375-((T2-30)*0.0796666666667)<0,0,(2.375-((T2-30)*0.0796666666667)))+IF((2.375-((P2-15)*0.15833333333))<0,0,(2.375-((P2-15)*0.15833333333))))/9*100)/2

now, this is on excel, so the letters represent certain blocks of info....its pretty elaborate, and i did it for last years nfl season (tampa bay champs)....i correctly predicted the winner of the super bowl based on the regular season play....(going by rank in ratings) and philly was second, and oak was 3rd....(philly got beat by tb in the nfc championship)....so i think it worked ok...im still working on it a little, and i have to tweak it for tec, but it should work ok.........

now, this is on excel, so the letters represent certain blocks of info....its pretty elaborate, and i did it for last years nfl season (tampa bay champs)....i correctly predicted the winner of the super bowl based on the regular season play....(going by rank in ratings) and philly was second, and oak was 3rd....(philly got beat by tb in the nfc championship)....so i think it worked ok...im still working on it a little, and i have to tweak it for tec, but it should work ok.........

FREAK!! I love Tecmo and all, but figure out a formula that can bug UPS's tracking system to bring cases of beer to my front door every day. Or at the very least, program an excel formula and email it to Hooters explaining that I am indeed the CEO and owner and am on the verge of closing shop if I don't get persuaded otherwise!!

On a level-headed note, all this formula/stat talk is killing me. Let's just make it through this NE season and work out the kinks as we go. Then next challAnge we'll have everything in place :D

well.....my formula i made was for the nfl.......it has many factors involved.....such as pas off/def, rush off/def, turnover ratio, ppg, def ppg, 1st downs off/def, so i hope i can convert it to tecmo...i dont know if you guys could open it or not, but this is my formula for the official team rating....

=(((((F2*0.02375)+(AK2*0.07307691)+(I2*0.095)+(M2*0.0475)+(W2*0.01583333)+(Z2*0.007307692))/9))*100+(IF((2.375-(AF2-150)*0.01484)<0,0,(2.375-(AF2-150)*0.01484))+(IF(IF((AH2+10)*0.095>25,25,(AH2+10)*0.095)<0,0,(IF((AH2+10)*0.095>25,25,(AH2+10)*0.095))))+(IF((2.375-(AC2-75)*0.03)<0,0,(2.375-(AC2-75)*0.03)))+(IF((2.375-(AN2-10)*0.088)<0,0,(2.375-(AN2-10)*0.088)))+IF(2.375-((T2-30)*0.0796666666667)<0,0,(2.375-((T2-30)*0.0796666666667)))+IF((2.375-((P2-15)*0.15833333333))<0,0,(2.375-((P2-15)*0.15833333333))))/9*100)/2

huh? :D

well, i was trying to figure out a way to transfer it to tecmo, but i couldnt, not with the certain set of factors that most people wanted....so instead, im gonna make an easy formula with the yards and what not.....i should have it done by thursday cause im busy tomorrow...ill send it to dougie williams and pat my beach.....that one i wrote earlier was pretty tough to figure out (i did that last year when i was bored, now i forget how to use excel, well at least most of it)....

yea definetly......i think that point system is the best system to use.....like i said, its pretty easy to make a formula just to add all the points together and decide who wins that way....the only thing i need is a DEFINITIVE list of what the points will be worth...and for everything that we will be counting.....then i can make it pretty simply.......

Check out this game:

pats13.gif

It was the 2nd game vs. Buffalo. Bruce Smith was in my face all day long. Other than the occasional RB dump off, I never had an open receiver the whole game. I never punt, ever. But in this game, I had to punt twice because I could not afford to let them get anywhere near field goal range. Prior to this game, my closest score during this season was a 32-10 win over the Bills in week 10. Through 12 games, I've outscored my opponents 449 to 51, but this game was just brutal.

Probably the most intense game of TSB I've ever played.

I'm down with what DougWilliams suggested. My only change would be to give points to recognize 1000 yard receivers. 500 for rushers 300 for passers and 150 for receivers. Receivers stats are related to the QB's so they shouldn't be worth as much as the other two.

id forget the recieving yds...those yards are all counted once in the passing yds category