"Just be New England" - CHALLANGE!!

Patbeach

Be the Pats, no changes allowed whatsoever. No play changes, no other team changes, no roster switching, nada. Just be New England, straight up, for a season, and post proof of points for and points against. If you beat me, you'll get your props. Handshake deal, left hand on a beer, right hand extended...

((from the "most points scored in one game?" thread.))

That's the Challenge.

Emulator or Console? It probably doesn't matter... only that an emulator provides a speck of visible proof that would sure back up a claim of Patriot success.

"What is the challenge?"

Just doing it.

"Who wins?"

We all win. All of us who complete the task. I'm sure we can debate who had the most dominace at the end.

ALL ARE WELCOME

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first week.

NE vs. COLTS

NE-wk1.jpg

Grogan got injured in the 4th Q. I'll be Marc Wilson for a while now. Hopefully a full 4 games!

The Pats passes SUCK!! but Grogan lit it up for 476 yards regardless. I went with the no=run style here. I probably will run the ball some later.

No roster or playbook changing for either team. Injuries are the only cases of roster changes.

damn pat....no need for changing the colors or anything....just say no..

Artoose, damn funny. Needed that laugh after a spat with the woman.

And Patbitch, how ironic that we all know Wilson is the better QB, and conveniently Grogan gets hurt in your first game! Odd I tell you! I'm not calling you out or anything, but...oh wait, YES I AM!! No matter, I will clean house with Grogan :D

Patbeach wrote:

That's the question of the minute. What do we think? I certainly can perform better on the console... but I've got no way to show you all what I've done if I don't use the emulator.

Haven't you guys ever considered tape recording (or DVD recording for you rich bastards with DVD recorders) an NES game straight from the console? It's so easy, just plug your NES up to your VCR and record while you play. I had friends who used to do that back in the 80's to prove their high scores with other games. Later, if you want to email your proof, you could always get a friend who has a TV card take a JPEG screenshot of your accomplishments or even make an MPEG of your game.

Okay, I got this quote from the old thread. I don't know which one I'll do (emulator or console), but I'll find a way to record important stuff. In case you were wondering, Pat, I forgot to save on my emulator and the shizzle was erased. I beat the Colts 60-0 and the Browns hung with me I think. No biggie, I'll catch up. Should have cable modem by Friday and stats sometime soon after that...

I had this same idea run through my head after watching N.E. win on Sunday. I thought this would be tougher than it is thus far, since the Tecmo schedule ain't easy for 'em. I'm currently 6-0 with shutouts on Indy, Houston, and Miami. The defense is playing great but Mosi is starting to slow down heavily (under 50 yds in excellent condition vs. Miami) and Grogan always.....well...nevermind him. Can't wait to finish da year and take a digi pic of some horrible accomplishment.

Oh, and does making Mosi your FB really count as a roster change??? Come on, we all like him!

Oh, and does making Mosi your FB really count as a roster change??? Come on, we all like him!

Did you change something on your roster? Mmmmmcuz it's a roster change if ya did. Your season is now defunct. Game over. Hit the road. Don't let the door hit you on the ass. Get lost. Sayonara. Auf Weidersehen. Chowchungchey!!

Seriously now, if we can, I knew this would be a problem. People just don't realize that not changing a thing means...can you believe?...NOT CHANGING A THING!!! Granted Mr. Junky started ahead of this particular thread, but anyone from here on out, no changes, and if no proof, be honest or I'll come to your house and eat all your cheese. And DON'T say I won't... :D

WEEK 2 - NE vs. CLE

the 35 - 0 shutout

NE-wk2.gif

and Grogan returns!!

He only was out for a half of 1 quarter. He'd laid down the Mesopotamian Law today:

71% 295 yrds 4Td's and his obligatory 1 INT... (thrown to a completey OPEN man but the pass sailed to the right like for some Mobutu-like reason and Frank Minnifield was there to take it. )

CHECK THIS NOISE OUT!

In my years I've never returned a KO for a TD with Sammy Martin.

take a gander.....

Sammymartin.gif

YEEEOUCH!!

it was one of those short kicks that I fielded on the 35 and went striaght up the gut.

Joker that was very swell of you putting BrassMonkeeJunkythatFunkyMonkee in his place. Monkey - you are certainly welcome to join in.. just start over.

(BTW - - tatupu is currently on my bench in EXCELLENT!!)

NEXT!!!!!!!!!

Pat, Marc Wilson has been sitting on the bench in EXCELLENT while Grogan struggles in BAD. Joyous. And I have returned a KO with Martin as well, possibly two. Watch out for those Steelers, they have no respect for the almighty patriots...

Now, where to start?

I have played 6 games so far fellas, and I have screenshots recorded, so come Friday I'll post the progress so far.

A couple of tidbits:

Grogan FLAT OUT sucks. Swallows, even. Wide open receiver is not a phrase in his vocabulary. Come to think of it, neither is bullet pass, accuracy, or speed.

Ohhhh how much do I wish Marv Cook was at WR...

Marvin Allen fumbles and drops more than anyone in recent memory. His only shining moments are continuously getting out of numerous tackles.

Thank God for Lippett.

If you are not there to make the tackle, wave bye-bye, even if it's Dan Marino.

I found out that you can still beat the Cardinals when you throw 3 picks (to open men) and lose 3 fumbles.

This is a pain-inducing challAnge, fellas. Get through it the best you can, cuz it's only gonna get worse...and you better start clicking with those few dump-off passes come week 12...

Nothing says 'Give it to me up the ass' like Steve Grogan in BAD condition.

Nothing says 'I'm gonna give it to you up the ass' like Rod Woodson in Good+ condition.

Put them together in the same game and you're in for a shitty day.

Steve Grogan was in Bad condition for 4 of the first 6 games I played including Week 3 against the Steelers...94 yards passing and 2 interceptions later the game was over. I, myself, like Toss Sweep R, but when you see 'that little white blur' running to the right becomes difficult to the tune of 15 carries and 115 yds for John Stephens which blows by week 3 standards.

I was using a ROM and I forgot to Save State (after Week 6) - as I seem to do a lot - so I have to start over. But I do have some lovely screen shots which are now useless. :D

Week 2 Result:

pats2.gif

Grogan is just plain awful. 46% completion rate despite the fact that every pass was thrown to a wide open receiver. Its a good thing Irving Fryar is pretty good at jumping up and pulling down Grogan's overthrown skyballs. Having one passing play from the shotgun would be SOOOOOOO nice. Marvin Allen put the ball on the ground twice in this game, one time wiping out a 60+ yard carry.

The defense has little to no talent too, but somehow they keep forcing turnovers. Lippett has 3 picks through 2 weeks and Ray Agnew has forced at least 3 fumbles.

This is not going to be much fun later in the season when the computer starts playing tough.

ok, i started again, on the emulator, and this is week one

tecmone1.gif

grogs was tearing up the 1st 3 quarters, then he self destructed in the 4th, but i ran with stephens instead.....on the last play of the game, the hooptie bomb was in effect, and fryar had the db on him, and he took it and ran it in with no time remaining...simply awesome...

Well I didn't read your Tatupu regulation until I was 14 games into the year, so I finished it anyways. Im gonna redo it without him because ummmmm I have no life? Here's the stat breakdown:

I outscored opponents 498 to 82. I think my defense did great, allowing more than 7 pts only once in a game and having 5 shutouts. I played this on the console. I think I can do alot better if I can get Grogan to improve, he finished with 27 TDs and 31 Ints. I'll post pictures of my next season since this 1 dont matter to you pagans.

Weeks 3 and 4

pats3.gif

pats4.gif

Grogan, Marv Cook, and Tim Goad were all in excellent condition vs. the Oilers which was nice. Both of Houston's TDs were garbage - one came on a return of a John Stephens fumble, the other came on an 80 yard carry by Lo White after my guy failed to dive tackle when I hit B.

DANG IT!

Oh. I'm new to the whole emulator thing anyway.. I opened another rom and tried to save a state and erased my BE THE PATS season.

Here's the do-over.... much better results I might say too.

I've abandonded the run for the pure, unadulterated glee of Grogan's triceps.

NEweek1.gif

NEweek2.gif

NEweek3.gif

Now that only TD was an Eric Metcalf 105 yard KO return. I've having a hard time with kick coverages... Dwight Stone returned 3 KO's to the 50 yrd line.

Grogan is on fire.. in AVERAGE. He's hitting Fryer in stride on our 2 deep pass options. I wish Marv had a bomb play!!!

Referring to the last post before this one..... Is this too easy? I know it will get harder... but we are certain to make the playoffs and probably lead the league in stuff and all that. Should we start something even stupider like a " BE IVY JOE HUNTER" challenge??