biw314

What's the worst team in Tecmo?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What's the worst team in Tecmo?

• Colts
    • Patriots
    • Cardinals

"Dave Krieg ......well enough said."

i would list dave kreig as the saving point of the team, if it has any...he has a decent pair of receivers too...seattle is one of the top teams i fear playing late in the season...kreig is a god playing against him

I think Krieg is OK, but if you blitz him, it is over because he can't use his insane jump ball ability to get the rock to Blades downfield.

Well I think Rison may do better with a different QB. Rison has a lot of speed and he can get down the field, but he never seems to go up for it like Collins. It just does not work. He seems to lose the ball a lot too, even when he's at RB. If BJ were throwing to him now, that could be something special...Now Collins can catch the ball 15 yards beyond the receiver, and I have seen it happen more than once.

Maybe he should get one of the Tecmo cheerleaders as his girlfriend, I'm sure he will be able to get some good views...

"Dave Krieg ......well enough said."

i would list dave kreig as the saving point of the team, if it has any...he has a decent pair of receivers too...seattle is one of the top teams i fear playing late in the season...kreig is a god playing against him

Indianapolis Colts. Hands down.

Me & 3 friends played every game man vs. man for four complete and 1 incomplete season back from 1991 to 1995. This team never got more than 6 wins with anybody. Their total win/loss record is 13-54-1. NEVER went to the playoffs. Always allowed around 3500+ yards of offense against them while usually only racking up about 2100.

"Honorable" mention= New England. Hard to believe two teams from the same division & the same conference could be this bad...wait, no it ain't. They compiled a total record of 17-50-1. At their best they allowed 'only' 3100 yards against them. Have the distinction of owning the lowest point total at season's end of 112 (in S3).

Can't forget Green Bay or the Lambs, either. The Packers have their own distinction in allowing the most points at season's end of 656 (a 41 ppg avg in S2), while the Rams could not do anything on either side of the ball (lowest 4 season yardage total for offense combined).

Seattle & the Jets sucked as well, but we at least garnered them a playoff.

For the most part, yes. He did go down twice in S3 and once in S4, but Chuck didn't have any stellar performances in that time. Also yes to the McGee question. However there were time when we would put Gary in when Buford's health got bad and Cleveland did perform quite well.

the falcons are bad they aren't so horrendous to be considered with the pats or colts. They have a roger craig-type rb, who is at least in the realm of average, their qb, with 44 pc and 50 pa (admittedly horrendous 31 ps) is better than about 5 or 6 other starters, and shawn collins is a solid wr. On defense, their only decent player besides deion is no-name dl mike gann, but the one-man defense works ok for the buccs, and deion isn't too much worse, he just wont get quite as many picks, and he will get tossed aside slightly less often.

i haven't heard the s(aints) mentioned yet though personally their mediocrity revolts me as none other in tecmo can. particularly repugnant, I think is their defense which has two decent players on the line. unfortunately unless it's bruce smith or reggie white LINEMEN SUCK. Pat Swilling is the only other respectable player and is very average.

offensively Hilliard and Iron Head are alright but you have to have disdain for Walsh and the entire passing game. eric martin is just too slow to get under walsh's balls. So your opponent(if man) can easily stack the run and drop one guy to cover martin. ballgame

The saints have pat swilling, an offense that can get it done and a kick ass return squad. Theyre clearly not the worst team in tecmo (Though Walsh is really bad.

Pitt is a team I dont like to play with because it is very difficult to put it in the endzone against a man defender with them.

• 2 weeks later...

The Colts are CRAP!

The colts are embarrasing. I would put them as the worst team now that i look at it. Ronnie Lippet and the Pats defense is actually respectable, I mean, I went through an entire season with them and only allowed 384 yds rushing which is AMAZING. But I didn't realize how bad the colts D really is. I used MIKE PRIOR the most, that team BLOWS. unbelievable. Ridiculous. Brooks and Hester can play, and Bentley is kind of a cool tecmo legend, but I gotta say the Colts suck nutz. I change my vote. Its now 8-3 Colts. I can't believe I stood up for the COLTS all this time and voted for the Pats in these polls. Dang. I was wrong yo.

I've been going through a season with every team lately, with the following restrictions:

* No punting or field goals. Four downs to either shit or get off the pot.

* No substitutions, except in case of injury.

* Default playbook.

* All defensive and offensive plays called in the order they appear in the playbook. Yeah, that basically means I have no coaching control at all. Runs up the middle on 4th and 30, etc.

This has brought a lot of challenge back into the game for me. I've just done Bills and Eagles seasons and I lost the conference championship in both.

Now I'm playing a Colts season (currently 5-3). I have to agree that they are the worst team. Their defense is atrocious; it's practically not even on the field. Against the run I am last in the league. Here's my assessment of some of the key actors:

Albert Bentley: Pimp. Leading rusher in the league. Owns the field even more than I owned it with Thurman Thomas last season. Against a good defense, however, the Colts offensive line melts apart very quickly, so be prepared to dodge a hell of a lot of flying linebackers near the line of scrimmage.

Ivy Joe Hunter: Actually a decent back. He has an amazing amount of touchdowns for only getting the ball one play out of eight.

Mark Prior: He's pretty much the only playable player on defense. And he still sucks pretty bad. I wish I could switch to COA mode for defense.

Jeff George: Currently injured. Good thing too, he's been stinking up the place, and his replacement isn't all that bad.

Bill Brooks: Leading the league in yards per reception. The problem is that he drops crucial passes when he's wide open. Often.

I've been putting a fair amount of points on the board between Bentley, Hunter, and Brooks. But the defense is an utter sieve, I've been reduced to playing protect and not even worrying about the first down.

I was wrong yo.

It's ok J-Diddy. Every one makes mistakes. :(

I do agree that the Colts are crap too. I've done some amazing things with Bo against that defense. However, I still stand by the Falcons being #2 on my list simply because at least New England has two good players in usable positions. That is you don't have to use a CB or pass to a WR. You can actually run Stephens and Tippet is in a good LB spot. Besides, Marv Cook is a decent Tight End.

I've been going through a season with every team lately, with the following restrictions:

* No punting or field goals. Four downs to either shit or get off the pot.

* No substitutions, except in case of injury.

* Default playbook.

* All defensive and offensive plays called in the order they appear in the playbook. Yeah, that basically means I have no coaching control at all. Runs up the middle on 4th and 30, etc.

This has brought a lot of challenge back into the game for me. I've just done Bills and Eagles seasons and I lost the conference championship in both.

Now I'm playing a Colts season (currently 5-3). I have to agree that they are the worst team. Their defense is atrocious; it's practically not even on the field. Against the run I am last in the league. Here's my assessment of some of the key actors:

Albert Bentley: Pimp. Leading rusher in the league. Owns the field even more than I owned it with Thurman Thomas last season. Against a good defense, however, the Colts offensive line melts apart very quickly, so be prepared to dodge a hell of a lot of flying linebackers near the line of scrimmage.

Ivy Joe Hunter: Actually a decent back. He has an amazing amount of touchdowns for only getting the ball one play out of eight.

Mark Prior: He's pretty much the only playable player on defense. And he still sucks pretty bad. I wish I could switch to COA mode for defense.

Jeff George: Currently injured. Good thing too, he's been stinking up the place, and his replacement isn't all that bad.

Bill Brooks: Leading the league in yards per reception. The problem is that he drops crucial passes when he's wide open. Often.

I've been putting a fair amount of points on the board between Bentley, Hunter, and Brooks. But the defense is an utter sieve, I've been reduced to playing protect and not even worrying about the first down.

Try that challenge with the Cardinals.

I usually say that the Falcons are one of the more interesting teams to use, because Deion and Rison are almost unstoppable sometimes, and Rozier with his 50 ms. can be a good change of pace. I've seen some kids who have totally dominated people with the falcons. One time I even lost to a kid who was the Falcons and I was the Chiefs.

I've gotten Proehl to jump just fine. I think Rosenbach is underrated, I like rolling out and scrambling with him.

Shawn Collins is very good, probably better than his stats... Andre Rison does seem to play a little below his stats, but he is still one of the better in the game... besides, but him some slack. His girlfriend burned down his house about that time.

Some wide recievers just don't jump though. Namely Ricky Proehl. The man is glued to the ground.

Saints have a fantastic linebacker group and Gil Fennerty is a monster returning kicks (so is Reuben Brown for that matter.) The passing game is terrible, but if you spread the ball around with the backs you can move it in bits and pieces. The wideouts are useless. The running game falls off a cliff after the first part of the year. Dalton Hilliard did nothing for me after the very first game. Still, the Saints match up well with the 49ers defensively, which is good because you can plan on playing them 3 times if you want to go to the Super Bowl. Your best hope with the Saints is to rely on defense and special teams, but they are excellent in both areas. The return team will get you field position every time and Anderson can make sure you get points. Barnhard is one of the game's better kickers and Fennerty might be the most underrated player in the game.

i haven't heard the s(aints) mentioned yet though personally their mediocrity revolts me as none other in tecmo can. particularly repugnant, I think is their defense which has two decent players on the line. unfortunately unless it's bruce smith or reggie white LINEMEN SUCK. Pat Swilling is the only other respectable player and is very average.

offensively Hilliard and Iron Head are alright but you have to have disdain for Walsh and the entire passing game. eric martin is just too slow to get under walsh's balls. So your opponent(if man) can easily stack the run and drop one guy to cover martin. ballgame