anyone else ever had 1,000 yards rushing with bo in 1 game?

Kimrari

• 10 months later...

Rehashing an older vision, i finally got back into this on a whim since someone at work asked me about it and set a personal best against (who else?) the Colts. In the preseason, Bo rushed for 1284 on 25 carries in good condition. I could've done better of course, but i screwed up on two runbacks and forgot to swap in an excellent back runner. That and i need to get Bo in excellent to get the number that much higher.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, I was thinking how ironic it would be if Bo got hurt during the OT - if it had happened I was going to let poor Willie Gault (who was probably -2800 yards on the day) run in the winning score. However, nobody's status changed during the OT (I checked a few times) so I wonder if it's impossible to get injured during it?

I know CPU players can get injured in simmed playoff games, but now that I think of it I can't remember ever seeing anyone get injured in a playoff game that I was playing.

I should also mention that I was only tackled maybe 10 times total, the rest of the time I ran out of bounds. I didn't want to risk a fumble/status change/injury. Bo did fumble once though - in OT . . .

Trust me Stadawim, I was as amazed as anyone about the events in OT. A 'Good' Howie Long certainly helped out, as did the fact that Scott 'Wide Right' Norwood was the Bills placekicker ;). Heh, maybe some sadistic Tecmo programmer made it so that Norwood always misses in OT. I really wish Bo had been in excellent, would have saved my laptop keyboard from excessive stress. and DAMN Bruce Smith was fast, I think he went up to excellent sometime in the 2nd half.

I put up the .NSM video file on the net, you can get it HERE

I started recording after I recovered an onside kick and ran it back to my 1 yard line with Gault. So it starts at 4:20 or something of the 1st quarter.

My version of Nesticle is Win95 0.42. Hopefully anyone who's interested in watching it won't have a problem.

I would love to watch this video! Does he still post?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Since I read this thread, I've played 5 or 6 games in Preseason vs. IND. I'm trying to pull it off "legitimately", and here's how:

1. No changes to the playlist

2. No changes to the lineup

3. No deliberate backward progress except on punts and kickoffs

Best I've done so far is over 700 yards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

post-10709-0-69734500-1355863637_thumb.j

post-10709-0-84391800-1355863649_thumb.j

It took me 6 tries. First, I attempted it with Bo in week 3, then I tried a couple times with Barry Sanders in week 4...finally, after a couple of tries, I did it with Bo Jackson. By the 4th quarter, the man was running like he was Joe Caravello :eek:

Rules should be:

1) A REAL season game (not a preseason)

2) One of the real Tecmobowls 1, 2, or 3 (no fake computer generated games...real cartrige, real years)

With that being said, my best with anybody ever was 895 yrds rushing with Eric Dickerson (TB 1).......and yes, it's real eazy to keep accurate stats when he's only getting the ball......Christian Okoye (TSB 1) had my season game record with 816 yards rushing before Dickerson broke it.....Before Christian was Jackson (TSB 1) with just over 800, and 11 TD's!!! (I wish I had my record book with me).........................................and last but not least, one of the best rushing performances I remember doing was Johnny Johnson (TSB 1) putting up 714 yrds and 9 TD's vs the Eagles in a playoff game!!! Top that!!! ..........and yes, I won the game with the Cardinals.............when ya do it when it counts, it means more.

23 pts... 1076 yds.... hahaha.

I did a little trick that resulted in a "lower" score. I'd take the kick-off, run it back to my own 3. Then I'd run Bo to the 50, run Marcus Allen back to my 3 again, Run Bo back to the Colts' 40 for the first down. Then I'd Run Allen BACK to my 3 yet again, and then run it with Bo to the Colts' 30. By doing this, I'd gain a couple hundred yards per possession and keep the Colts' offense off the field. My possessions would take a full quarter if I was soaking in alot of yards without a mishap.

Rules should be:

1) A REAL season game (not a preseason)

2) One of the real Tecmobowls 1, 2, or 3 (no fake computer generated games...real cartrige, real years)

With that being said, my best with anybody ever was 895 yrds rushing with Eric Dickerson (TB 1).......and yes, it's real eazy to keep accurate stats when he's only getting the ball......Christian Okoye (TSB 1) had my season game record with 816 yards rushing before Dickerson broke it.....Before Christian was Jackson (TSB 1) with just over 800, and 11 TD's!!! (I wish I had my record book with me).........................................and last but not least, one of the best rushing performances I remember doing was Johnny Johnson (TSB 1) putting up 714 yrds and 9 TD's vs the Eagles in a playoff game!!! Top that!!! ..........and yes, I won the game with the Cardinals.............when ya do it when it counts, it means more.

Mine was a regular season game. Week 4. I'm not sure how many other people got their 1,000 yards the same way, though.

And that is impressive against the Eagles in the playoffs. Especially because thats when Reggie White and Clyde Simmons burst through the line like they're facing J'marcus Webb and Gabe Carimi lol.

Good work!

Edited by RoboProkop6

I did a little trick that resulted in a "lower" score. I'd take the kick-off, run it back to my own 3. Then I'd run Bo to the 50, run Marcus Allen back to my 3 again, Run Bo back to the Colts' 40 for the first down. Then I'd Run Allen BACK to my 3 yet again, and then run it with Bo to the Colts' 30. By doing this, I'd gain a couple hundred yards per possession and keep the Colts' offense off the field. My possessions would take a full quarter if I was soaking in alot of yards without a mishap.

Mine was a regular season game. Week 4. I'm not sure how many other people got their 1,000 yards the same way, though.

And that is impressive against the Eagles in the playoffs. Especially because thats when Reggie White and Clyde Simmons burst through the line like they're facing J'marcus Webb and Gabe Carimi lol.

Good work!

Thanx! Johnny Johnson was in a zone that day........He was only in GOOD condition also.

1) I hope you own a Johnny Johnson jersey. That needs to happen.

2) Someone get this man a signed copy of TSB by Johnny Johnson

3) mmmm Johnny Johnson!

Ha hA Ha.........You're funny.

1) I got an authentic Throwback Phoenix Cardinals Johnny Johnson jersey.

2) I got his autograph when I was 13. I was selected to go to the Neal Lomax & J.J. Birden offensive skills camp in 8th grade (They basically prepped you for highschool ball) I told Neil Lomax that my favorite player was Johnny Johnson. To make a long story short, 2 weeks later, I got a letter in the mail from Johnson. It said "to the #1 Jets fan...keep your eye on the ball!!!" and he signed it.....pretty cool for a 13 year old. (I also got a letter from Boomer Esiason with autograph also, because they were both Jets...but it was never as important to me)...................with all that said, you're welcome to find me that signed cartrige. I'll gladly take it.

3) I don't know about that "mmmmmmmm" sh!t, but It's a hell of a lot funner to talk about underdog's of the game that are really good, than the same old Bo Jackson, Joe Montana bullsh!t...................It's real eazy to tell a Tecmobowl veteran, from a fair weather wannabe just by the way they talk about the game.