anyone else ever had 1,000 yards rushing with bo in 1 game?

Kimrari

A few posts ago I mentioned getting to a playoff game, and then rushing your heart out as long you can in OT.

Well, I tried it out. Simmed a season, and in the 1st round of the playoffs had the Raiders against the . . . Bills. I was happy that Bennett was bad, but Smith was Good.

Worst of all, Bo was only Average, and Gault was good. Not optimum, especially with the souped up playoff Defence. But I thought as long as I could get to OT, maybe force some punts and block some FGs, I could get over 2000 yards.

I got 2917 Yards. I don't know how many carries, the yards total blocks out the number on the final stats screen. 40 first downs as well. The game was insane, took around an hour to play. I lost track of how many FGs I blocked or hit the uprights. The first 4 quarters were pretty sloppy, but I ran and played well in the OT. It was probably the funnest and most exciting game of Tecmo I've ever played. Just when I thought it was over . . .

I've got screenshots of the final stat screen, as well as the 381kb .NSM video recording from Nesticle (in contrast, a 1532 yard regular season .NSM of mine is 146kb). If Rod wants to, I can send them to him and he can put them up. While the OT is pretty exciting to watch, since it can end at any moment, I don't know how many people would want to watch it, it is pretty damn long.

Well, it was interesting to see how many yards I could get, but I'm sick of the running game now :twisted:. Maybe it's time for a nice, long season of Moon to Hill, Jeffires et al, while Lorenzo rots his fumbling ass on the pine.

clap clap clap clap

Awesome! I just read this entire thread and in the end I think 2917 yards DOES indeed show some true Tecmo skill period. Despite some of the useless negative posts by others. If they say we don't have a life for trying to accomplish these feats, fine then why are they bothering to read this thread that obviously has nothing to do with them?? Guess they're the true idiots with no lives. Tecmo is fun and now you've got 2917 more yards (recorded no less!) to prove it. :twisted:

--------------------------

"I got 2917 Yards. I don't know how many carries, the yards total blocks out the number on the final stats screen. 40 first downs as well. The game was insane, took around an hour to play. I lost track of how many FGs I blocked or hit the uprights. The first 4 quarters were pretty sloppy, but I ran and played well in the OT. It was probably the funnest and most exciting game of Tecmo I've ever played. Just when I thought it was over . . ."

Okay, that's just ridiculous. Good God! 2917!? I think the original plot of the topic (and the guy who originally did this alledgedly) never intended to take this into the playoffs and play the never-ending game to rack up the yards. Not meaning to belittle your accomplishment, kendal, but DAMN. How did you manage to keep blocking FGs and such? How did Bo manage to run over these guys consistantly in the playoffs (which we all acknowledge to be harder), while only in average? This was an amazing feat.

Yeah, I was thinking how ironic it would be if Bo got hurt during the OT - if it had happened I was going to let poor Willie Gault (who was probably -2800 yards on the day) run in the winning score. However, nobody's status changed during the OT (I checked a few times) so I wonder if it's impossible to get injured during it?

I know CPU players can get injured in simmed playoff games, but now that I think of it I can't remember ever seeing anyone get injured in a playoff game that I was playing.

I should also mention that I was only tackled maybe 10 times total, the rest of the time I ran out of bounds. I didn't want to risk a fumble/status change/injury. Bo did fumble once though - in OT . . .

Trust me Stadawim, I was as amazed as anyone about the events in OT. A 'Good' Howie Long certainly helped out, as did the fact that Scott 'Wide Right' Norwood was the Bills placekicker :twisted:. Heh, maybe some sadistic Tecmo programmer made it so that Norwood always misses in OT. I really wish Bo had been in excellent, would have saved my laptop keyboard from excessive stress. and DAMN Bruce Smith was fast, I think he went up to excellent sometime in the 2nd half.

I put up the .NSM video file on the net, you can get it HERE

I started recording after I recovered an onside kick and ran it back to my 1 yard line with Gault. So it starts at 4:20 or something of the 1st quarter.

My version of Nesticle is Win95 0.42. Hopefully anyone who's interested in watching it won't have a problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

ok, I just played a game with Bo against Tampa..... pulled 820 yards. Damn, over 1,000 would be pretty damn tough.....or pretty damn lucky!

Also, Legitimate! No running backwards....no on-side kicks. No lurching. I was either Eddie Anderson or Riki Ellison on defense. Had one INT for Anderson and two for Riki.

• 2 weeks later...
The whole point is that it's hard to do legitimately, it's a challenge...u try it...

Sorry i have better things to do! If you want a challenge then run for 1000 yards with Bo against another human! Anybody can manipulate those OLD games when playing against the computer since they had so many week spots and glitches back in the day!

I think that translates out to: i'm not able to get 1000 yards with Bo, and i'm jealous. Heh heh. Don't be scared. It's tough. Go on, give it a shot. You may find you can actually get close. And say what you might, it's still hard to do. Besides, how is it having too much time on ones' hands? It's one freakin' game. It ain't even a season! How long does it take YOU to play a game, cause it doesn't seem to take us a long time. "Better things to do", eh? Like post about not bothering to try it on a message board? Would giving it a go interfere with your countless other internet duties and identities? Or take away your hours of "useful" time playing Madden/Warcraft/Halo/'pick-your-addictive-game'?

Apologies. Just that those 'better things to do' diatribes always leave me bitter. It's like, then what the hell are you doing HERE anyway?

I love the damn game is the problem! This business of taking the kickoff backwards to your own 1 yard line to add to Bo's yardage and onside kicking on every kickoff plus picking the Colts or Pats and throwing in new playbooks and every other damn thing is a joke! A damn mockery of the game!

P.S. I know i cant spell Mockery!

I love the damn game is the problem! This business of taking the kickoff backwards to your own 1 yard line to add to Bo's yardage and onside kicking on every kickoff plus picking the Colts or Pats and throwing in new playbooks and every other damn thing is a joke! A damn mockery of the game!

P.S. I know i cant spell Mockery!

excuse me kind sir.....but I pulled of 820 yards totally legitimate! I probably could do better if I tried a few more times....and some of guys on this board are wayyy better than me, so 1000 yards in a game is definitely doable, legitimately.

see?

ok, I just played a game with Bo against Tampa..... pulled 820 yards. Damn, over 1,000 would be pretty damn tough.....or pretty damn lucky!

Also, Legitimate! No running backwards....no on-side kicks. No lurching. I was either Eddie Anderson or Riki Ellison on defense. Had one INT for Anderson and two for Riki.

Sorry but i am not impressed by any of this! I have almost 6000 oldie games on 3 emulators and pretty much every game can be manipulated to the point of insanity! I am currently playing Eishockey Manager(german game) on a Amiga emulator and my team went 44-0 last season no tie or anything! I also played a game called M.U.L.E. and ended the game with a score of like 45000 which is insane but not hard to do given the dumbness of the computer players! Hitting huge marks on old games is a joke! Anybody can do it! I would much rather take the Colts and play against the Giants than run all day with Bo! That is much more fun and more challenging! Hell i ran for 420 yards with Neal anderson against another human! That's what i call a game and not running 1000 yards using only 1 player against a bunch of clueless drones! Damn joke!

Ahh, see? And another rom/emulator user. I can understand a point of view such as that since alot of peeps like to use juiced or modded roms. But you gotta understand that on my part anyway, i only ever use the cart. The original cart on my original NES. While i DO have ems and roms on my computer, everything i type about on here is or was done using my carts. Not modded.

And that being said, i again put it to you - YOU try getting ANYbody 1000 yards in a game legitimately with an unmodded game. Hell, even illegitimately is tough enough.

Ahh, see? And another rom/emulator user. I can understand a point of view such as that since alot of peeps like to use juiced or modded roms. But you gotta understand that on my part anyway, i only ever use the cart. The original cart on my original NES. While i DO have ems and roms on my computer, everything i type about on here is or was done using my carts. Not modded.

And that being said, i again put it to you - YOU try getting ANYbody 1000 yards in a game legitimately with an unmodded game. Hell, even illegitimately is tough enough.

truth to that! 820 was the absolute best I could do legimately. 665 with Neal. Breaking 1000 would be tough legimately, but no doubt it is possible.

Even though my rom was the original non-modded version.... I'll try it again with my NES cart and see what I can do. :lol:

I play Tecmo Super Bowl on my Wii and using a 57 inch TV with component cables! Damn thing of beauty! I have every Tecmo game made(wrestling,soccer,baseball,basketball and all versions of Tecmo bowl). Basketball and Tecmo Super Bowl are the only ones i play and the best of the bunch! Baseball is so so.