anyone else ever had 1,000 yards rushing with bo in 1 game?

Kimrari

Afterwards I thought that if I had let the game go into OT, I could've added another 200-300 yards (so long as I either won the coin toss or was able to stop the colts quickly).

But yeah, if all the variables fell into place someone could easily crack 1500 yards in a single game.

i honestly hadnt thought of that. There's really not that big a difference between scoring and turning it over on the goalline, so you're definitely on to something

23 attempts, 1753 yards against the Colts (preseason)

Bo was in excellent. I did runbacks with 'excellent' Tim Brown the first half, but then in the second half Gault was in excellent so I switched to him.

My 1st half strategy was to run the kickoff OoB to my 1, then run with Bo to the Colts' 34 yard line, then run back with Brown on 1st down to the 1, then run back with Bo to the 35 yard line, back with Brown, then to the 33 Yard line and a first down with Bo. This strategy can be insanely hard if they call a play, but as we all know an excellent Bo is pretty much unstoppable running a sweep, called play or not. Nevertheless, I had to start over a few times when I did actually get stopped on 4th down.

I managed the clock really well in the first quarter - I timed it perfectly so that Brown went OoB at my 1 yard line with 0:01 seconds left, then Bo ran back to the 25, gaining 75 yards and about 40 'free' tecmo seconds. Didn't get that type of timing the rest of the game, though I did turn the ball over on 4th at the Colts 1 when the half ended.

Thankfully the Raiders are fairly fast and recover more than their fair share of onside kicks, and I got it back in the 3rd quarter (more than a few other good halfs were ruined because I didn't recover the onside kick at half). Same strategy during the second half, turned the ball over on fourth as time expired and we went to OT scoreless.

In case you were wondering why I didn't just try the onside kick at the start of the game instead of at the half and save myself some wasted effort, it's because I have a suspicion that whoever kickoffs at the start of the game receives the ball at the start of OT. I won the coin toss and racked up at least another 400 yards in the OT session.

Note that I think my record can be easily beaten - when I did runbacks with Gault in OT I ran out at the 5 instead of risking a safety and a loss. Also if someone is able to manage the clock better in the second half, you could probably squeeze in another 100 yards on 'free' time. During my 1753 yard game I had 3 plays called: 2 were sweeps and I broke loose anyway, but 1 was a run in the middle that I only got 2 yards on and was almost safetied.

Next up: 2000 yards in one game anyone? :evil: I think if someone used an emulator and did some of the things I mentioned above, 2000 yards is possible.

BTW, I did win the game, 6-0. Had the ball at my 1 with 26 seconds left, Bo scored as time expired.

None of these records are legit without game film.

Yes, all these records are grasshopper shit until I see footage.

What is the point of doing this anyway when we all admit it's not LEGIT? It's a pure waste of life and nothing to brag about. NOTHING!

Now if it's done LEGITIMATELY then that's worth talking about in my honest opinion. I don't see the fun in this, the point to it, or the skill involved at all. Maybe I'm missing something... :evil:

What is the point of doing this anyway when we all admit it's not LEGIT? It's a pure waste of life and nothing to brag about. NOTHING!

Now if it's done LEGITIMATELY then that's worth talking about in my honest opinion. I don't see the fun in this, the point to it, or the skill involved at all. Maybe I'm missing something... :evil:

I'm not going to get into a subjective argument about 'being legit'.

And since I did have a lot of fun getting the 1753 yards, you are definitely missing something. If you can't understand the point, just don't try man, you don't need to understand. I don't see how people can enjoy watching auto racing, but I don't go around hating. To each their own.

I'm not going to get into a subjective argument about 'being legit'.

And since I did have a lot of fun getting the 1753 yards, you are definitely missing something. If you can't understand the point, just don't try man, you don't need to understand. I don't see how people can enjoy watching auto racing, but I don't go around hating. To each their own.

Whatever...but you're right. Dont try to argue, I'm no in the mood to argue about how dumb this is. It's so obviously STUPID. It's one thing to do it in the privacy of your own home...whatever floats your boat. It's another thing to post about it and pretend like you achieved something.

Well have a cookie and pat yourself on the back...(preferably at the edge of a cliff) High 5 your reflection and tell yourself "I'm so elite! I can run back and forth to pile up pointlss yards so that I can accomplish nothing, make a fuss about it, and fill that void in my life caused by no contact with the opposite sex!"

1. Auto racing blows Bin Laden Balls also - I agree

2. I didn't say I couldn't understand the point. I said I don't see the point. This is most likely because there is NO POINT.

3. I'm not hating. I'm simply stating my opinion of how stupid it is to go through all this quote "cheating" OR "tricks" unquote (as it was called by you all throughout the thread). To me, this reduces Tecmo to Madden levels....

Just play the damn game. This is a hollow accomplishment at best. If it really makes you feel like a winner...feel warm inside like someone gives a s h i _ then keep doing it. I was just stating my opinion on it.

I don't think KS seems super impressed with himself that he cranked out all these yards. You actually bitched out the one guy who put up a yardage total who didn't think they were God's gift to Tecmo. Where were you when we actually needed you to put some first post meglomaniac in his place!?!?!?!

P.S. "and fill that void in my life caused by no contact with the opposite sex!"

It doesn't take a psychology degree to see where this one is coming from.... :evil:

I don't think KS seems super impressed with himself that he cranked out all these yards. You actually bitched out the one guy who put up a yardage total who didn't think they were God's gift to Tecmo. Where were you when we actually needed you to put some first post meglomaniac in his place!?!?!?!
I'm just saying that if you enjoy doing this then I pray you can't procreate and pass such dumbassedness on to yet another generation of assholes. :evil:
P.S. "and fill that void in my life caused by no contact with the opposite sex!"

It doesn't take a psychology degree to see where this one is coming from.... :P

Ha ha fuggin ha! Nice try, but not nice at all. :P If you've had any action from the oposite sex in the past 10 years then you would not piss your life away doing THIS. :evil: For those who have, you know what I mean. For those who have not but are going to pretend like they have to look cool, please choke on the very air you're breathing. Thanks.

And for the third group that will comment on how I don't get any...

ah, it's cool, hon. There's a few things I can say about the clit that I'd like you to hear.

(clears throat; into camera) I am the master of the clit! I make that shit work! It does what ever the fuck I tell it to do! No one rules the clit like me! (off Silent Bob) Not this little fuck! None of you little fucks out there! I am the clit commander!!! Remember that--commander of all clits!

Your significant other's have just been OWNED!

It's another thing to post about it and pretend like you achieved something.

Well have a cookie and pat yourself on the back...(preferably at the edge of a cliff) High 5 your reflection and tell yourself "I'm so elite! I can run back and forth to pile up pointlss yards so that I can accomplish nothing, make a fuss about it, and fill that void in my life caused by no contact with the opposite sex!" . . .

Just play the damn game. This is a hollow accomplishment at best.

I don't know where you're getting this. I'm not trumping this up as a great achievement. It was fairly easy, didn't take more than a night, and I've said in a previous post that it would be a piece of cake for anyone to top if they planned and made a serious effort at it. 2000 yards isn't even out of the question. bunchin2111 said a few posts back that 1254 yards was the most he could get while doing runbacks. I thought that was ridiculously low since 800-900 is easy to get in a regularly played game, so I set out to try and beat it. Simple as that.

I posted the long message on the 1754 so someone could build upon it if they wished and maybe crack 2000, not as some sort of HAHAHA KENDAL SMITH R0X0RZ sort of thing. Going above 1254 was a curiosity that was satisfied, not an accomplishment that I'm bragging about. This game has been played to death for so long I don't think anything can be categorized as an 'accomplishment' anymore. So basically man, I don't see where you're coming from at all.

3. I'm not hating. I'm simply stating my opinion of how stupid it is to go through all this quote "cheating" OR "tricks" unquote (as it was called by you all throughout the thread). To me, this reduces Tecmo to Madden levels....

You got me confused with others in the thread, I never said anything about 'cheating' or 'tricks.'

Anyway - anyone try to crack 2000 yet?

I probably would have commented on this earlier, however OSK tended to turn me off to most threads that he's commented in. 1700 yards is nearly impossible without going into a couple OTs. I've done this before exploiting saved states and couldn't get more than 1000 yards.

First, 23 attempts with a 74 yard average takes up 4 quarters of clock time period. Think about all the dodging and weaving, even with Bo.

Secondly, using the method of running back on 2nd down will take up at least an additional quarter's worth of time.

Third, you still have to deal with the Colts on offense. Yeah, I know they aren't that good, but it's really hard to keep them from getting at least a first down or two with their playbook against the Raiders. A punt can waste 45 seconds off the clock.

My conclusion is that this is completely bogus. Without going into OT, the max yardage is probably in the 1000 to 1200 range.

That's why you need Bo in excellent and either Gault/Graddy in excellent. It shaves off precious seconds from your runbacks and Bo runs. With Bo in excellent and the colts in week 3/preseason D, you don't need to weave after you bust through the line, just run straight and you'll be too fast for their slide tackles. If someone actually manages to come close trying for a grapple tackle, then start some small weaves.

Also, you have to play a perfect game. You can't afford to be tackled/touched more than a couple of times, and even that is too much. You need to get out of bounds at your 1 with your runback guy, or you need to get OoB with Bo at either the 35, 25, etc . . . Having Bo in excellent, and the crappy Colts D, helps alot.

You mention that having the Colts punt takes up 45 seconds, which is why you need to onside kick and recover, so that they NEVER touch the ball. The opening or halftime kickoff is the only chance they would even have at getting the ball if runbacks are used effectively.

Two of us in less than a week have gotten over 1700 yards, it's not that hard and certainly not bogus. The key is luck on the onside kicks, and hope that they don't call too many plays (and on sweeps with an 'excellent' Bo, it doesn't matter much if they call the play).

You mention that having the Colts punt takes up 45 seconds, which is why you need to onside kick and recover, so that they NEVER touch the ball. The opening or halftime kickoff is the only chance they would even have at getting the ball if runbacks are used effectively.

You can't rely on getting the onside everytime, even a quarter of the time is pushing it. I've tried to play the "perfect" game using saved states and I tried to get every onside kick. After a few sucessful attempts, I just couldn't get another one back. Try using saved states on nesticle or nesten and you'll know what I'm talking about. I actually think this might be a bug with the game.

Two of us in less than a week have gotten over 1700 yards, it's not that hard and certainly not bogus. The key is luck on the onside kicks, and hope that they don't call too many plays (and on sweeps with an 'excellent' Bo, it doesn't matter much if they call the play).

This is more than just luck though. Getting every onside kick is ludicrous. You just can't do it. Seriously, if it's that easy, just go get an emulator that can record movies and record it. I hate to sound like OSK, but in one sense he's right. With many legit players who can't touch 1k, it's almost unheard of to claim 1700.

Ok, I see the misunderstanding now.

First, there's only one onside kick to recover during a game designed for 1700+ yards, either the opening kickoff or the halftime kickoff, thus you have a 30% chance of cracking 1700 in that game. Re-read my post above on my 1700 yard game. I'll try to re-word it differently here:

Let's say you start the game by receiving the kickoff. By using the runback method I detailed above, you'll control the ball for the entire first half (best way to do it is to turn the ball over on downs at your opponents 1 yard line as time in the half expires). Next half you'll (hopefully) recover the onside kick, so by using runbacks they won't even have a chance to get the ball back (barring a fumble, in which case you should reset if you're trying for mega rushing yards).

That's why my 1700 game was 6-0 final in OT - by controlling the ball all game and not scoring, I was able to ensure that the game would go to OT and I could get 400+ extra yards (remember that the team that kickoffs to start the game receives the kick at the start of OT - at least I'm 80% sure anyway, can anyone verify this?). I had to reset a few times after not getting the onside kick after half, and twice when I accidentally ran out of bounds in my own end zone on a runback with Graddy (D'oh).

Just to clear up the confusion, here's the strategy I followed for controlling the ball for the entire half: Bo to the opp 34 on the kickoff/after onside kick; graddy runback to your 1 on 1st down; Bo to the opp 25 on 2nd down; graddy runback to your 1 on 3rd down; Bo to the opp 24 on 4th down to get a 1st down; Graddy runback etc . . . If everything goes perfectly you should be able to run back to the opp 1 yard line and go out of bounds on the last play of the half. I got stuffed once in the second half of my 1754 game, which messed up my timing for that half since I couldn't runback with Graddy the next play.

There might be a better way to maximize time and yards, but that's the way that worked best for me.

Note: it really helps if Howie Long and/or Eddie Andersen are/is in excellent condition for recovering that single onside kick, those guys are demons at getting the ball.

On a separate note, I remember once when I was the Bears I recovered 4 straight onside kicks against my friend who was the Saints. He was not impressed :D

You know, if someone had enough patience they could crack 2000 yards with an excellent Bo in the playoffs.

So long as you kept the other team out of the endzone or out of FG range you could theoretically rush Bo to the 1 until your fingers fell off, since playoff OT games can't end in a tie. Although it would be A LOT harder since the AI defence ramps up later in the season.

I wonder how long you can play in OT until the game crashes. Is it possible to go all the way to the hard limit of 4095 yards in one game???

Hmmm, maybe I'll try a season and see if I can get 6 Raiders over 1500 yards rushing, and then hopefully the Colts/Browns/Seahawks might be my division playoff opponent.

Time to get a good controller so I can play on an emulator . . .

When i tried it i said 'screw the onside kicking'. I just went for full kicking then i proceeded to sack them for safeties when they couldn't return it decent and get the ball back that way. I also couldn't get OT that way, but it took less time off the clock than having them punt.

• 3 weeks later...

A few posts ago I mentioned getting to a playoff game, and then rushing your heart out as long you can in OT.

Well, I tried it out. Simmed a season, and in the 1st round of the playoffs had the Raiders against the . . . Bills. I was happy that Bennett was bad, but Smith was Good.

Worst of all, Bo was only Average, and Gault was good. Not optimum, especially with the souped up playoff Defence. But I thought as long as I could get to OT, maybe force some punts and block some FGs, I could get over 2000 yards.

I got 2917 Yards. I don't know how many carries, the yards total blocks out the number on the final stats screen. 40 first downs as well. The game was insane, took around an hour to play. I lost track of how many FGs I blocked or hit the uprights. The first 4 quarters were pretty sloppy, but I ran and played well in the OT. It was probably the funnest and most exciting game of Tecmo I've ever played. Just when I thought it was over . . . I stayed alive and the game kept going.

I've got screenshots of the final stat screen, as well as the 381kb .NSM video recording from Nesticle (in contrast, a 1532 yard regular season .NSM of mine is 146kb). If Rod wants to, I can send them to him and he can put them up. While the OT is pretty exciting to watch, since it can end at any moment, I don't know how many people would want to watch it, it is pretty damn long.

Well, it was interesting to see how many yards I could get, but I'm sick of the running game now :twisted:. Maybe it's time for a nice, long season of Moon to Hill, Jeffires et al, while Lorenzo rots his fumbling ass on the pine.