49ers

Marino13

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't come online for a couple days so a lot has gone on since my last post. I agree with the majority of what Rod has said in his posts. I had forgetten about Ronde Barber and while I'm not completely sure he's the best around right now, I think he's just getting started and has the potential to be even better. I expect charles woodson to return to form this season if he's healthy, although I really wish he had been the last two years because those were the seasons I picked the raiders to win the super bowl. I think charles has a lot to live up to because of the success of other woodsons, tracing all the way back to Abe with the 49ers in the 50s and 60s. in response to benimaru's comment about the saints, I think they were really good in real life and were screwed slightly in the game.

scott

• 2 weeks later...
Nice to see charles woodson get beat for 2 touchdowns tonight against randy moss. I thought he was the best cornerback in football? my vote goes to patrick surtain or champ bailey.

ONE---Who the hell on earth can cover Randy Moss? In the pic on NFL.com he'd be on the third story of a building for god's sake.

TWO---He held him to 36 yards, the 2 TDs were from 5 and 1 yard out, where even I can throw a TD to Moss.

Madison got burned by Price tonight, Surtain was HURT, and even Terrell "Geez he's still in the league?" Buckley got an INT, so it's all a matter of circumstances. But...and take note...as much as I hate to say it, TO would do the same thing to Chuck. The big 3 receivers are probably gonna win over the big 3 CBs most times, so...my humble pie has been eaten. But I have 16 regular season games to throw the ball right back in your court...

I thought about moving this thing to a new section, but I couldn't figure out where it belongs.

Also, if Cwood is healthy this year, he will be in the top 5 cornerbacks in the league and make the pro bowl. I've converted.

i may be a rookie to posting on this site but i have played as many hours as most of you guys. I have found that if san fran doesnt win than new orleans does and occasionally the rams. I've spent many hours studying tecmo and i spent the past 4 months doing research and my results do show new orleans to be quite underrated

• 4 weeks later...

uhm...

I've seen the other teams win the division other than the 49ers, but it's rare. We liked to junk their starting lineup to give the others a chance because the 49ers were on simulation dope.

I always thought that Aaron Glenn was pretty good. He beat the Steelers by himself last season. Then again Maddox looked like a crack monkey out there...

But anyway, I don't see how any of these current stars hold a candle to the old favorites in their prime. You know like Eric Allen (Philly days), Rod Woodson (that's CB Rod Woodson), Darrell Green, etc.

Well at least nobody is talking about the 'great white hope' Sehorn anymore... what an overhyped fuckin flash in the pan that was...

Leebo

How can New Orleans possibly be underrated?

i may be a rookie to posting on this site but i have played as many hours as most of you guys. I have found that if san fran doesnt win than new orleans does and occasionally the rams. I've spent many hours studying tecmo and i spent the past 4 months doing research and my results do show new orleans to be quite underrated

• 2 months later...

dalton hilliard and eric martin are the two lone guys that prevent that team from being absolutely atrocious

steve walsh is a joke

pat swilling is respectable

however...for some strange reason brett maxie perenially winds up in the top 10-15 of dbs in INTs at the end of the year..yet when i control him, i can't seem to get crap

go figure

No yo, it was the worst vacation ever.

1. I have a girlfriend, so no boobies for me.

2. It was during the Escence festival not Mardi Gras

3. Atown has more dimes than N.O.

Try getting stranded and lost in the middle of the night and having to walk maybe 10 miles home through Xavier projects area. The things i seen...

I'm just glad we got home safe. My main agenda was to protect my girlfriend. It was terrible.

Other than that, the streets have more potholes than Bruce Smith has sacks... :twisted: